+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Oh, I was thinking about Lafayette, not Tara. He's hung around much longer than he did in the books but I like his character so I'm good with that. How is Tara so strong that she can move like the wind without even feeding. I thought baby vamps were very sluggish and needed food before they could even do anything.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Yep, Lafayette bought the farm at the end of book 1. As much as I loved him in seasons 1 and 2, I'm bored with him now. The seem to be confused about what to do with him.

Really, the only resemblance between bookTara and tvTara is the name. If memory serves, She and Sookie aren't even BEST friends in the books. Tara is white, a friend that Sookie had drifted away from, she marries the dimwit blond football star and opens a clothing boutique where Sookie shops occasionally. We don't see her much in the books, which is my favorite thing about her because she's a bore!

So now that Tara is "alive," does that mean Jesus isn't dead either? Good grief, I was so excited about them culling the herd last season and now it looks like we're just getting more characters on top of the ones we already had. It looks like the only ongoing character who died was Nan Flanagan and I LIKED her. BOO!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, I may be alone here, but I am excited to see what happens this season. Pam as a Maker should be fun! I don't know why Tara was so strong just coming out of the ground as a newborn though, because I remember Jessica crawling out, crying & starved. And unlike a lot of people, I am curious to see what happens with Tara now.

And it is kind of nice to see a vampire (Eric) with another vampire (Nora), that should be fun. I know Bill was with Lorena at Russell's, but he hated her. Eric & Nora seem to care about each other. I hope they don't kill her off, at least not for awhile. It's time they started branching out from Sookie as pretty much everybodies love interest. I loved Eric's f-Sookie remark at the beginning of the episode.

And I can't wait to have Russell back, and to see Chris Meloni as a vampire!
    Hyper likes this.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I've had to completely disassociate the show from the books in order to continue liking the show and I find it works (other than Tara - I was really hoping she was "dead and gone" ) At this point, I can barely remember what happens in the books other than Eric & Sookie are together. The only thing I was surprised about and Bearcata already mentioned was the wolf pack - what was up with that??!? I thought killing the pack master makes that person the new pack master?

I cracked up when Bill looked up and said "Soooookie" in his Bill voice and then Eric said "F Sookie" - so unexpected and caught me off guard!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Well the new episode was ok. I was so excited for the show to come back and now I feel slightly disapointed. Tara could have stayed dead and I wouldn't have cared. Seeing boyish Eric last season was a turn off to me so I think I need to see him back as his regular self a little more for me to find my Eric love again. Poor Jason, got the minister pining for him while he's pining for Jessica. Can't wait to see Russell and Chris Meloni.
    mindy384 likes this.

I was actually quite satisfied with the premiere...only disappointments were not enough Alcide and no Chris Meloni yet. There is more chemistry between Bill & Eric than there ever was between either of them and Sookie...enjoyed the banter and the return of Bad Eric. I can't tell where they are going with the Reverend-as-vampire storyline but I fear it will be the weak-link subplot this season (though it was no hardship looking at Jason without his clothes on ). Absolutely love that Pam made Tara into a vampire. I never liked Tara's character and was hoping they were killing her off, but this is much better. This has to mean that Pam - my absolute favorite book & series character - is going to play a bigger role.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The show just started....

Is it bad that when the voice over announces "And now, the HBO original series..." I keep hoping it says Game of Thrones? Probably not good for TB.

An observation - it kind of sucks, IMO, that Christopher Meloni is above Kristin Bauer von Straten in the opening credits. Pam makes the show for me and I'd probably stop watching if she was gone.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-17-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Bummer! My husband is watching the U S Open and True Blood is being taped--I want immediate gratification!!
    No matter where you go, there you are.

We just watched last weeks episode last night and with about 10 minutes left in the show, my husband asks "are they going anywhere with this"? It was just slow and there was a lot of nonsense. Did we really need to see Jessica singing badly to Guitar Hero? Eh...if it doesn't pick up soon, I think I'll call it quits. I'm not happy with several of the storylines anyway.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Jason: "That's eating the pie without having to buy the cow."

+ Reply to Thread