+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I don't think Sam knows much about the workings of the were pack. Maybe he just feels like he owes Alcide for what he did for Tommy. Hopefully, Luna will call Alcide and clue him in to what is going on.

Pam in that horrifying Walmart sweatsuit was awesome. It reminded me of the preppy stuff she wears in the books, at least in color.

Wings' "Silly Love Songs" on the radio in the vamps' car.

Thank God Lafayette shaved his head. That 'do was horrid.

Okay, back to watching the show....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

True Blood was a guilty pleasure for me but now that Allan Ball has departed so much from the original story line and plenty of stuff happened to Sookie that Ball really didn't need to create a new universe and characters that I have to decide if the new plotlines are worth watching or do I switch to Falling Skies or to Extreme Makeover for my Sunday night fun.

I can just imagine what Ball would do to Game of Thrones...I think the fans would behead him.
    FireWoman likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    True Blood was a guilty pleasure for me but now that Allan Ball has departed so much from the original story line and plenty of stuff happened to Sookie that Ball really didn't need to create a new universe and characters that I have to decide if the new plotlines are worth watching or do I switch to Falling Skies or to Extreme Makeover for my Sunday night fun.

I can just imagine what Ball would do to Game of Thrones...I think the fans would behead him.
    Gleefully
    FireWoman and cantstopwatchin like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Kind of wish we'd watched the last few episodes before tonight but oh well. Have to say, I have missed this show- Eric cleaning all the blood and gore in fast-forward mode, Pam and her taking one for the team in her Wal-mart track suit, the reverend being a gay vampire who's hot for Jason - love it all!

Only moment I paused was when Maid Marion started kissing Eric - I had to close my eyes - and then the scene afterwards - yowza. I felt like she was cheating on Robin Hood (the BBC series). First Lara Pulver and now Lucy Griffiths on the show...

Is it bad that I'm disappointed about Tara? Blech!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I read alot of fantasy and paranormal romance and what Alan Ball did as far as werewolf pack politics and how they handle alphas being killed is so far from what is accepted and what I am used to that it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and a total dislike of that particular plot. I think I would have been OK with the overall Authority plot but there are simply too many others. Really, do we care if Sheriff Andy has a love life. I am waiting to see his butt on YouTube. Terry Belleflure and wacky going ons in Iraq. The werewolf pack and their dislike of shifters and eating their own. Let's not forget Tara. Come on you gave us viewers something we all wanted. Tara gone from our screens and you have to bring her back as a vampire. And Lafayette going on and on please go away. Oh, and Pam sulking over Eric. I think the Authority plot, Sookie and the weres, and Jason and his new triangle live love would be enough for 10 episodes without all that other stuff.
    mindy384 and cantstopwatchin like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Pam without Eric or Bill to keep her in line is a bad situation. She is going to feast on everyone she wants and teach Tara to do the same. They should have just followed the books and gotten Tara out early on.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Based on the previews, Tara will be just as annoying as a vampire as she was as a human. Fabulous.

I'd much rather watch Andy fumble through a relationship than all of this Authority nonsense. I understand that AB thinks he's writing a thrilling story but IMO, it is BO-ring. Get Bill and Eric back to Louisiana and forget all of this vampire politics crap.

Don't care about Terry and Arlene beyond brief moments of comic relief. Not everyone needs a big storyline.

At this point, Pam (and brief glimpses of Alcide) is all that keeps me watching.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Pam without Eric or Bill to keep her in line is a bad situation. She is going to feast on everyone she wants and teach Tara to do the same. They should have just followed the books and gotten Tara out early on.
    In the books, Tara is still around. She's married and just had twins. But yeah, they should have just let her die on Sookie's kitchen floor.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Regular

So which came first: the Sookie books or Twilight?

Dead Until Dark came out in 2001, so Charlaine Harris wins. The Southern Vampire Mysteries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+ Reply to Thread