+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Cannot wait for Russell to be back.. Hopefully it gives a a much needed jolt to revive this show. Some of the storylines have just gone off into crazy land and are barely keeping my attention.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Has anyone else seen the season 4 DVD commercial with the woman making her husband pretend to be Eric? "The fangs are doing a lot of the heavy lifting"
    Minney likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

HBO is airing a season 4 marathon right now. I'm remembering all the things I hated about the season. Still, you've gotta love Tommy skinwalking as Maxine Fortenberry while meeting with that guy in Merlotte's. That was some funny stuff!
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Haha! I caught a bit of the marathon and remembered how much I laughed at the "F-Sookie" scene outside Marnie's magic store and Jason's impassioned take-down of the vamp crew.

Even though the last couple of seasons have been, to be generous, uneven, I'm kind of ready for a bit of a lighter, cheesier Sunday fare.

This week's TV Guide has a nice article about the new season of True Blood. It will be interesting to see Chris Meloni with fangs.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I still haven't decided if I'll be keeping my HBO for the upcoming season or not. I can always catch it somewhere online later. I've been catching up with episodes of The Wire on HBOGo, so that's more important right now that True Blood!

I did laugh at the preview they're showing right now where Sookie talks about Russell wanting to kill her/drink her blood "Must be Thursday!"

I watched the season 4 marathon on and off yesterday. Couldn't watch it all the way through. I just got too irritated.

Ginger sitting on Pam's bucking coffin during Marnie's spell to bring the vamps out into the light was hilarious. Those moments are too few and far between.

I just powered through season 4 on DVD fast forwarding through the parts I wasn't not even remotely interested in which left me, at times, with 10 minutes per episode that engaged me. My favorite parts of these books and the show is Sookie's interpersonal relationships. I still at the same point I was last year watching the season on DVD then too. There's just too darn many characters with too darn many story lines flying around for me to get engaged. I was bummed out because my favorite parts with Sam are when he's interacting with her. I don't think I watched a single Sam scene in season 4. i really don't care who he's sleeping with let alone the finer points of his relationship with her.

I hope they thin out the herd of characters but just like last year I look forward to reading spoilers here to determine if I even want to bother with next season.

FORT Fogey

Ok, so I have HBO free for a few months, and decided to try HBO Go. That is a cool feature! Watched seasons 1-4 of TB, and went from intrigued, to engaged, to WTF, to drooling boredom. What's with EVERY character having a backstory??? I don't care about Debbie, Luna, were-panthers, wrestlers, rival packs, witches, or wronged spirits! Also, who is this spineless Sookie, and please give me back bad-ass ruthless Viking Eric! I'm no prude, but I don't need to see every couple having sex either. To me that's lazy, and it's screen time that could be used to move the plot along.

I don't want Tara to be dead, as I like her friendship with Sookie, and her connection to Lafayette (who I adore). He already lost Jesus, afterall. I'll watch season 5 if for nothing more than Pam's one liners...love that vamp! Oh can we grow Eric & Bill's hair out? They look much too clean cut with the shorter styles.
    mindy384 likes this.

I'd almost forgotten this starts up again tonight! Crossing fingers for a good season...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

mmmmm........the reverend who started the Church of the Sun is now a vampire and in love with Jason Stackhouse. That boy has the weirdest sex live.

Also don't know why the pack is upset that Marcus is dead. Whoever kills the alpha is the new alpha why get all worked up over it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread