+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

when does it come back??? all my showtime shows (shameless, house of lies, californication) ended sunday

Usually around the end of June. Few more months to go...
    buttahfly likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    Referring to previous comments about Alan Ball's writing, I personally found his plots tiring after a few seasons - both Desperate Housewives (which I no longer watch and haven't for a few years) and Six Feet Deep. I found the same to be true for the writer of Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. I think they just run out of story lines for the main characters and the plots become stupid and ridiculous as new characters are introduced. True Blood may avoid those problems because "unbelievable" isn't a problem when dealing with fantasy.
    Alan Ball never worked on Desperate Housewives. He started out on Grace Under Fire, and then Cybill Shepherd's sitcom. Then he won the Oscar for writing American Beauty, and parlayed that into Six Feet Under.

Incidentally, after this coming season, he is reducing his role on True Blood because he is launching a new show on Cinemax called "Banshee". He'll consult, but other people will be writing and producing True Blood.

I think if there's something wrong with the storytelling, it's that they moved too fast away from the initial plot. I would have liked to see more establishment of the relationships with the main characters in season 1, with Sookie's grandmother sticking around longer, instead of the season quickly turning into a weird serial killer plot. Maybe it's because they only have 10-12 shows a season to tell their stories, but they really pack a lot of plot development in each season. And yet, after all Sookie has been through, they still have her making naive choices when it comes to dealing with vampires in general. That part is a little frustrating, so I was happy that she finally told both Bill and Eric to take a hike. I hope that lasts for a while in the new season, I'd like to see Sookie develop on her own, and not just as someone's long-suffering girlfriend.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Usually around the end of June. Few more months to go...
    I saw on TVline that it'll be back June 10th! (It's a little early to allow for the highly touted Newsroom)

I'm sure it premieres when Game of Thrones finishes up

I, for one, hope that Tara is really dead. I've said it before, but there's a reason she's a minor character in the books. I'm sick to death of her whining in that horrendously bad accent. She'd be even more irritating if she'd been turned into a vampire.

I still haven't decided if I'll watch this season. I plan on canceling my HBO as soon as GOT ends, so I may just catch TB online. Although I still love my av, the show ceased to be a must-watch show a while ago.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

June 10th is the date People.com is giving for the season premiere. But....Anna and Stephan are expecting and due in the fall. I wonder how that will affect filming? I mean, Sookie wears sexy, revealing clothes.....lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Very happy news for Anna and Stephan! I'm sure the timing can be worked out regarding filming and the pregnancy, but I am excited for June 10th. Hoping this season is similar to the first season--that was a grabber!

I'm sitting here watching episode 8 from last season and am remembering how irritated I was by pretty much the whole 4th season. The stuff with Marnie was bad enough, but the storyline with the baby and Lafayette being possessed was horrible.

I've seen some of the previews of the new season and I've pretty much decided I'm canceling my HBO after Game of Thrones ends. I'll find the TB episodes somewhere online.

Anyone else all but done with this show?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Not quite, but I'm close. If they continue with the absurd storylines then I'll be following you.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'll give it one more season, since that's how long Alan Ball is continuing to be involved. Russell should be back this season, that's a plus. The witch and baby storylines are done, and Chris Meloni will be making appearances, so maybe all is not lost.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread