+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

He didn't attack Jason. He just showed his fangs.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Remember Jason is safe as long as he does not invite the Reverend into his home.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

In my head I see Jessica showing up and ripping the heart out of the reverend....... I'm sick, I know it...
    Yup, with donuts!!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Remember Jason is safe as long as he does not invite the Reverend into his home.
    Right. I thought he showed his fangs then jumped Jason. Which I "tsk tsked" as being a boo-boo.

But apparently I just made up the "jumping" part in my head.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Holy crap! They sure went to town during the finale - Nan, Tara, Jesus, Marnie, Debbie - wow, definitely the best episode of the season (and not b/c of all those deaths). I was bummed to see Nan go but am excited we might be seeing Russell next season!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Christopher Meloni in talks for "True Blood" role

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Det. Stabler could be coming to Bon Temps soon.

Former "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star Christopher Meloni is currently negotiating for a role in the upcoming fifth season of HBO's vampire drama "True Blood," the network has confirmed to TheWrap.

No word on what role Meloni would play specifically, but the network said it will be significant, should he sign on the dotted line.

A "True Blood" run would mark Meloni's return to the small screen, following his departure from "Law & Order: SVU" this spring.

The actor currently has two other projects, the comedy "Awful Nice" and the Superman film "Man of Steel" -- he's playing Colonel Hardy, according to IMDB -- heading for theaters.

The fifth season of "True Blood" will premiere next summer.

Any guesses? New character or one from the books?
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    Any guesses? New character or one from the books?
    I read an article about this a few days ago and, based on the description, it sounded like a new character.

Sadly, I don't think this is going to be "must-see TV" for me any more. AB's just moved too far from the books and he's just not as good a storyteller, IMO, as Charlaine Harris. For all the complaints that people have about the books, they were much better at this stage than the show is.

I wasn't a big fan of book 5, but I really wanted Sookie to go to New Orleans and deal with all the stuff with Hadley and the reconstruction spell the witches do for the queen in book 6. Of course, AB killed Sophie-Anne and we'll likely never see Quinn, so that storyline will probably never be on the show
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Wow, I would love to see Christopher Meloni on the show...love him. Hmmm, Meloni as Quinn?? Maybe?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I don't think so, AJane. The article I read said
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it would be a powerful and very old vampire. Of course, this is all speculation, since he hasn't even officially signed yet!

I really don't think we'll ever see Quinn, which is a shame, since I love the character. I always pictured Boris Kodjoe when I was reading the books. He'd be perfect in that part. I know lots of people have said Dwayne Johnson should be Quinn, but he's too beefy for me. Quinn, by definition is feline in his physique and movements. I think AB is done introducing more of Sookie's men and is sold on the Sookie-Eric-Bill triangle. Of course, I could totally be proven wrong on that and if he introduces Quinn, I'll happily eat my words!
    JavaJo likes this.

I loved him in 'OZ'! Exciting!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread