+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Best line of the night was by Jesus: "You can't trade magic like f****** Pokemon Cards!!" I'm not sure Tara can be saved, didn't the shooting occur during the day? I'll have to go back and watch the whole episode over again. It did seem like a lot being shoved into one episode. I wonder what Rene sees in Terry that no one else sees.
    I think Jesus was way to old to have ever traded Pokemon cards.

Lets see:

Tommy's father
    Tommy's mother
    Tommy
    Marcus
    Marnie
    Debbie Pelt
    Nan
    Tara
    Jesus

Thank you Alan Ball for doing a bit of house cleaning. Hoarding is a problem and if you need an intervention I hear A&E is casting.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I'm not sure Tara can be saved, didn't the shooting occur during the day?
    It was still daylight, but it looked like it was getting dark. Who knows.

Rene said something about having met the ghosts of Terry's past, and that they wouldn't rest for long. I really hope they don't bring zombies into the mix - as much as I love a zombie movie, there's no room in the cast for more creatures. We'll have enough going on with Newlin the Vamp and Russell returning. And what wolf was that growling at Sam near the end?

Overall, I really liked the finale. So many good one-liners. And I even felt for Bill (a little) when stupid Sookie was telling him and Eric she wouldn't be with either of them. AND she blew off Alcide's advances? Stupid, stupid girl.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Bug, it was still dark when Debbie showed up at Sookie's. She came in from Bill's house wearing her leather jacket and yelling to Tara if she's still awake.

I just got caught up...watched the last 3 episodes tonight. I'm not positive Tara is toast. But if she is, you know we'll still see her and Jesus because of Lafayette. I am sooo happy that Andy is on his way back to being Andy. I loved his final scene with Holly. Very sweet.

My husband asked where they stack the bodies. And there were a lot to stack in these last couple of episodes. I'm just happy that they closed several storylines before next season. It was just too confusing keeping up with ALL of them.

One of my favorite lines from the finale "We are NOT f'in puppy dogs". Hilarious!

ETA:
    And what wolf was that growling at Sam near the end?
    I thought it was the guy from the garage that didn't want to tell Sam where Marcus was. I'm sure once he found out his pack master was dead he went to Sam. Maybe?

And I just rewatched it...Sookie left Eric and Bill (she's wearing the same clothes when she gets home) but it looks light out. Unless Sookie has a lot of spotlights outside...lol.
    Last edited by JavaJo; 09-14-2011 at 12:14 AM.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    And I just rewatched it...Sookie left Eric and Bill (she's wearing the same clothes when she gets home) but it looks light out. Unless Sookie has a lot of spotlights outside...lol.
    How could it be light out if Nan and her goons came in the front door? Bill practically has kleig lights outside his house. Maybe that's why it looked light

I read an interview with Rutina Wesley and apparently she's locked in for season 5. That could mean nothing. AB may have just signed everyone or confirmed availablity to avoid spoilers. She did say several times that half of Tara's head got blown off in the finale. I'm thinking the only way she'll be saved is by being turned by Eric or Bill OR (please God NO) turning into a zombie.

ITA about the zombies, way. I absolutely LOVE The Walking Dead, but I don't want zombies on TB. There are enough supes to deal with already!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

How could it be light out if Nan and her goons came in the front door? Bill practically has kleig lights outside his house. Maybe that's why it looked light
    Plus, the vampires were all awake just moments earlier...So it HAS to be nighttime...unless it's dawn...when the sun is just coming up. Hell, I don't know. Maybe it was just a goof on productions part..
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Ughhh!!! Hate when the finale comes and they've just got the characters to where I like them again!

Jason--wasted him on Hotshot, love him with Jessica
    Sam--wasted him on Tommy, love him with shifter gf
    Lafayette--wasted him on everything, love him cooking in kitchen dressed in drag, shooting his smart mouth off
    Hyott--wasted him with Jessica, love him with his mama
    Tara--wasted her with lesbian wrestler, love her when messed up don't f with me attitude
    Sheriff--wasted him with V addiction story, love him as bumbling sheriff
    Sookie--wasted her period. Give back the sexy mind reading sookie from season 1.
    Eric--wasted him period too. Even with memory curse lifted he didn't regain his arrogant sexuality.
    Pam--wasted her with too much whining although great one liners.

Alcide--wasted wardrobe dollars... just leave him naked!!
    JavaJo and Poppy Fields like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I read an interview with Rutina Wesley and apparently she's locked in for season 5. That could mean nothing. AB may have just signed everyone or confirmed availablity to avoid spoilers. She did say several times that half of Tara's head got blown off in the finale. I'm thinking the only way she'll be saved is by being turned by Eric or Bill OR (please God NO) turning into a zombie.
    Hmm. I didn't think about the possibility of Tara becoming a supernatural. If she turned into a vamp, we could go back to tough Tara rather than Tara the constant victim. I *might* be able to handle that. I agree, please no zombie-Tara!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Plus, the vampires were all awake just moments earlier...So it HAS to be nighttime...unless it's dawn...when the sun is just coming up. Hell, I don't know. Maybe it was just a goof on productions part..
    There have been a couple of instances when I'm watching the show and it seems like there's entirely too much light coming in Sookie's windows when it is supposed to be nighttime. Maybe that's where she keeps her fairiy glow.
    JavaJo likes this.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    That vampire who showed up at Jason's door--was he that minister who was after vampires a couple of seasons ago?
    Yep. And I just realized something - Jason didn't invite him in. But didn't they show him attacking Jason before they cut? Tsk tsk.

+ Reply to Thread