+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 212 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3236847;
    I hate that there's only one episode left. It went so fast (Rome flew by for me, too)!

Now they're going to leave us hanging with all kinds of unfinished storylines. I don't get why the social worker showed up all of a sudden. And why Sookie is being so stupid. And...Rene?! Ugh.
    Well, the 2nd book is a small, fast, read that would give you all the answers in one day. The fact that Alan broadens each characters role, and stretches the story lines makes it all very exciting and "new" even though you have read the books.

Plus, the books provide background info that is only subtly brought out on TV.
    I think I read all 8 books in less then 10 days. Book 9 "Dead and Gone" will be released 05/05/2009.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3235924;
    Sookie is starting to annoy me- Bill is gone two days and she is already cheating on him?! Good grief, obviously sookie and bill were a couple, and don't get me wrong, I love Sam, but she just jumped into the next guys arms at one hint of a problem. Poor Sam and Bill--you could do so much better!
    I second that! I was really irritated at Sookie who, up to this point, had been my favorite character and I was pulling for her. Now, I am all about Bill! Sookie takes up with Sam after Bill is just gone a few days. She knew he had to pay big time for killing the vampire and defending her life. She should have kissed his feet. Not only did she cheat on Bill, she betrayed her good friend Tara who she knew was having a relationship with Sam. Then she kicks Bill out of her house - what happens when she is really in trouble and needs him, he will no be able to save her because he won't be able to enter her house. Shame on Sookie - stupid, stupid girl. At this point, I don't think she deserves either one of those great guys, especially Bill.

What might help to remember is that Sookie has never been able to have a relationship with a guy, because she always heard what the guy was thinking and was distracted or infuriated by the thoughts.

Bill won her heart because he was the first guy she felt silence with, (oh yeah, and he's HOT!) What you may not have picked up on in watching the last show because they only subtly addressed it, is the fact that Sookie cannot always pick up what Sam is thinking. She will get a snatch here and there if he isn't shielding himself, but for the most part she just realized in the last episode before they kissed that he can also provide a quietness for her. The book makes it more apparent that he can use a shield when he wants too.

I think Sookie is confused at this point, she loves Bill but didn't understand what was so important that he couldn't be there to protect or save her, and Sam was......... Sam would have been there for her even if Bill had not asked him, but Bill made a point of telling Sam he wasn't going to be around, so Sam put extra focus on Sookie.

No one ever said love would be a smooth course......
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Newbie

Does anyone know who the Cop Kenya is what her real name is & what she played on before. I just can't find it anywhere please help

Quote Originally Posted by southstl;3239066;
    Does anyone know who the Cop Kenya is what her real name is & what she played on before. I just can't find it anywhere please help
    Did you check on imdb?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie

Yes she isn't listed as a character on there list Thanks for the help

She may just be one of those many character actors who gets a fair amount of work but not much recognition. Maybe there are some True Blood fan sites that would have a more detailed cast list. OR you could try to catch the show on OnDemand and check out the credits.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Her name is Tanya Wright, and she has a decently long list of credits.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Shay, how did you find that? I couldn't find her name anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3237363;
    Well, the 2nd book is a small, fast, read that would give you all the answers in one day. The fact that Alan broadens each characters role, and stretches the story lines makes it all very exciting and "new" even though you have read the books.

Plus, the books provide background info that is only subtly brought out on TV.
    I think I read all 8 books in less then 10 days. Book 9 "Dead and Gone" will be released 05/05/2009.
    I think I'll just have to pick up those books and read them while waiting for the second season. Thanks for the info, Mike'sgirl!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3239293;
    I think I'll just have to pick up those books and read them while waiting for the second season. Thanks for the info, Mike'sgirl!
    Yep, that's what I'm going to be doing too. I figure it'll make the wait for season 2 a little easier!

I can't believe the season finale is tomorrow. I'm excited to see it, but sad that it's already over.

I really wish HBO would do longer seasons. It can't be more expensive to do this show that, say, Lost or Heroes. Plus, this show has been such a hit for HBO that I'd think they would want to bring in even more viewers with a longer season.

I have to say, I'm LOVING the girl playing Jessica! That scene with her and Bill when he's trying to teach her about being a vampire was hilarious. When she yelled "You suck!" and then started laughing, I busted up laughing. It was perfect. "Why?....Why?....Why?" Her response to NOT having to go home was great and then telling Bill she wasn't going to mainstream - she wants to kill people and has a long list of people she wants to kill. I hope they keep her as comic relief and don't turn her fully into a cold-blooded killer.

I just realized that the guy playing Terry Bellefluer played Zack (Lane's hubby) on Gilmore Girls. He looks so different in this. I couldn't place him.

+ Reply to Thread