+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Some random thoughts after watching last night:
    I hope Sookie doesn't "unsexy" Alcide like she did with Eric. I wouldn't think that it would be possible, but I didn't think it would have been possible with Eric either!! I also think this still loving Bill stuff is a bunch of bull. I just don't think it is believable. Sookie needs to put on her big girl panties and make a decision...as long as that decision is Eric because Bill is lame.

I agree that Debbie and that pack leader were made for each other. I also was glad to see more of Jason, I just enjoy his goofy, good-hearted, clueless self!

I am happy to see the end of Tommy and Hot Shot, but Tommy's death almost seemed too easy. I keep thinking it may not "take". And WTH happened to Hot Shot!? I didn't like it, but it seems strange for it to just go away so abruptly...

I like Jesus, but the special effects with his "inner demon" are a bit ridiculous. I wish it was more little glimpses like we saw with Antonia at the beginning. Instead it is more like someone just stuck a big comical demon head on top of him.
    JavaJo likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Anyone else catch Joe Manganiello on The Soup this weekend? Funny AND gorgeous. Damn.
    I did! He had more to do on The Soup than he did on True Blood last night. He seems like a funny guy who can act when he actually has a scene, but I swear they just have him (a) standing around naked (b) fighting or (c) carrying bloodied people.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Instead it is more like someone just stuck a big comical demon head on top of him.
    Exactly! I was expecting it to burst out in song.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Anyone else see some chemistry happening between Bill and Nan?

Bill and Nan? Now that would be a couple.

Add me to the list that doesn't think Jesus is going to make it to next season. Next episode will the the big OMG WTF blow-up megafight season ender, so we're due to lose someone else. And sorry, Tommy, won't miss you one bit. I'm not that interested in Sam going all Death Wish vigilante, either.

Sookie? I want to give her a swift kick. You got Eric back, he still wants you (why, I'll never understand), and you whimper to the man about still loving Bill, who did you dirty? You don't deserve Eric. And no, you can't have both. Grow up.
    marciadale likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Who knew Vampires could be staked with a No. 2 pencil?

Tommy's death was a bit unsettling. I guess mostly beccause 2 grown men (one of whom is his brother) allow a TEENAGER to decide he would bleed to death on a pool table instead of going to the ER. WTF?

And no, Bill, the last time Sookie helped, she did not get shot and nearly die. The last time Sookie helped, she broke Antonia's spell, restored Eric's memory, and saved your non-life. Jackass.

That final shot was just sad. It was like watching a Steven Segall movie. Really, AB? Black leather? Slo-mo? Hair metal music? Indescribably lame.

Maybe from now on it won't be "Jumped the shark". Maybe we'll start calling it "donned the leathers" or "moved in slo-mo" or just "pulled a True Blood". It was really that bad.
    I never thoughto f Tommy as a teenager.. given that Sam is 40 (at least the actor is) I took tommy to be in his 20s, about 24-25. I had no problem with them not taking him to an ER, it fit better IMHO. Heck when has anyone one ever went to the ER on this show.. Too many questions to ask then..or answer in any case. He knew he was dying, there was no way to save him why bring more issues to Sam.

And I love the last scene, I was laughing so hard.. The Used did a great version of Burning Down the House.. and I say that as a big Talking Heads fan. It was well used, placecd, and as much as i do love Talking Heads.. their version wasn't going to cut it for that scene. Heck, I am still laughing thinking about it.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I won't miss Tommy, but I will miss the actor who plays Sam playing Tommy skinwalking/swaggering as Sam.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I did! He had more to do on The Soup than he did on True Blood last night. He seems like a funny guy who can act when he actually has a scene, but I swear they just have him (a) standing around naked (b) fighting or (c) carrying bloodied people.
    He was awesome! In case anyone missed it, there's a link in this article: Joe Manganiello on The Soup | True Blood News - Season 4 Spoilers

I used to be all about Alex Skarsgard, but I'll take Joe over him any day. With Alex, Eric is the hot one - Alex really doesn't do much for me Both Joe and Alcide are HOT. Even my 70+ year old mom was swooning over him. She's only seen a few episodes of the show, but she's read all of the books. She saw one of the first episodes that Joe did and her response was "OH, Alcide!"

I didn't get the feeling that Tommy was a teenager either. I guessed him to be in his early twenties. ITA Hep, I'll miss Sam Trammel pretending to be Tommy skinwalking as Sam. That was hilarious! MaxineTommy was a riot too!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    I never thoughto f Tommy as a teenager.. given that Sam is 40 (at least the actor is) I took tommy to be in his 20s, about 24-25. I had no problem with them not taking him to an ER, it fit better IMHO. Heck when has anyone one ever went to the ER on this show.. Too many questions to ask then..or answer in any case. He knew he was dying, there was no way to save him why bring more issues to Sam.

And I love the last scene, I was laughing so hard.. The Used did a great version of Burning Down the House.. and I say that as a big Talking Heads fan. It was well used, placecd, and as much as i do love Talking Heads.. their version wasn't going to cut it for that scene. Heck, I am still laughing thinking about it.
    Useless trivia-Joe Maganiello sang backing vocals for The Used on one of their album tracks. Clearly there is nothing the man cannot do, & it would be so easy for him to do nothing but stand around & look beautiful.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

i am behind on watching last week's episode.... catching up on what happened and i am thrilled to know that Tommy is dead!! i'm pissed to know that sookie dissed sexy bad ass eric.... that girl needs to be slapped. flirts between Bill and NAN??? ewwwwwwwwwww MORE ALCIDE!!!!! 2 episodes ago, i was dying, drooling and in awe when he was naked, getting into bed with Debbie. DAMN that man is so fine!
    Minney likes this.
    if your being chased by an angry bull, and then you notice you're also being chased by a swarm of bees, it doesn't really change things............ just keep on running!! -- Jack Handey

+ Reply to Thread