+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    But isn't that what most TV series do?
    I think most series wrap things up in the final episode and then set up the next season. In TB, we seem to get a HUGE penultimate episode and then a total snooze-fest of a finale. The season finale's have been pretty dull, imo.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Wow, Tommy died. Trouble is i kept looking at his teeth during his death scene because part of the time they are so clean and pearly white and the rest of the time they are covered in blood. Continuity much?
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has continuity issues with that scene! Tommy's death scene was almost affecting, but not quite. I wanted him off the show for so long now, I couldn't muster up sympathy for Sam. Then the pragmatic part of my brain couldn't shut down and just accept it at TV--what were they going to do with the body? Get another bag of marshmallows and head to the swamp?

I totally think Jesus and Lafayette aren't going to make it past this season. I have no spoilers to prove that up--it's just a hunch. I like that they've finally engaged Jason in the main plot, rather than being a peripheral character. I've grown to like his (fairly) innocent cluelessness but with a good heart. And I hope the whole Hotshot plot line is gone for good, even if it dropped out like a thud.

Terry and Andy at the camp was a lot of back-character development, which felt out of place this deep in the series, but I was okay with it.

The vamp gang at the end had me laughing. Charlie's Angels much? Yes, vampires must leather up to carry bazookas in the dark Shreveport night. I'll remember that, next time I'm up there.

I just want Sookie to remember she was fired from her job rather than pining for a guy in a TIE CLIP and a guy she suddenly feels repulsed by, even though she knew what he was. Poppy is right--she's the kiss of meh.
    cablejockey and waywyrd like this.

Can't wait to see the episode. I'm stuck without HBO until next Tuesday when I get home! So glad to have on demand!

Can I tell you how happy I am that Tommy is gone? I don't even care how it happened, I may just FF through the whole scene, just super glad he's finally out of the story!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

omigosh...the kiss of meh! Poppy, you nailed that one! After Eric regained his memory, IMMEDIATELY Sookie has a problem??? uhhh...how bout giving the guy a chance? hmmm? did the snowflake sex mean NOTHING?!! LOL

yippee for Tommy! now I just hope they keep him gone. My guess the fight/death was a plot device to get Sam more involved with the werewolves and all the action.

I swear if this season ends with Sookie back with Bill I'm going to
    cablejockey likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I enjoyed this week's episode. I thought the Andy/Terry fort scenes were good and well done. It was a nice break from the other stuff. I also liked how we found out that Marnie is complicit with Antonia. The scenes with her and Jesus were good. Speaking of, I think he may not make it past this season - but I hope that before he goes, we find out a little more about that devil inside thing. LaFayette didn't seem overly perturbed about that when he saw it.

Again the Bill/Nan scenes were gold. The Sookie/new!Eric scenes were blah. Though I was amused and new!Eric's pouty behavior making smart-aleck comments during Bill's let's go get the necromancers speech.

One more thing - I actually lost a little respect for Alcide. As much as I loved him helping Tommy (disgusting scene in the van BTW) and holding the guy while Sam kicked his a$$, when Debbie was telling Marcus about wanting kids and how Alcide didn't want them I was a little angry at Alcide for keeping Debbie around when their fundamental life goals were so different. Just let her go and move on dude.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Who knew Vampires could be staked with a No. 2 pencil?

Tommy's death was a bit unsettling. I guess mostly beccause 2 grown men (one of whom is his brother) allow a TEENAGER to decide he would bleed to death on a pool table instead of going to the ER. WTF?

And no, Bill, the last time Sookie helped, she did not get shot and nearly die. The last time Sookie helped, she broke Antonia's spell, restored Eric's memory, and saved your non-life. Jackass.

That final shot was just sad. It was like watching a Steven Segall movie. Really, AB? Black leather? Slo-mo? Hair metal music? Indescribably lame.

Maybe from now on it won't be "Jumped the shark". Maybe we'll start calling it "donned the leathers" or "moved in slo-mo" or just "pulled a True Blood". It was really that bad.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-29-2011 at 11:15 AM.

I found Tommy's death scene a little fakey looking. I really expected him to open his eyes after Sam left and give us that evil little smirk of his! It was sad to see Antonia trying to leave, but power mad Marnie wouldnt let her. I too kept thinking that Jesus was going to die when he went up to Marnie--Lafayette is too happy with this guy and happiness doesnt last on this show.
    With her powers, why isnt Sookie doing something? She wants to save Tara and the others, so why is she hiding behind a car letting Jesus face the witch?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Forgot to mention that Debbie and Marcus seem about perfect for each other. She practically smells right through the TV, and his ears sticking out of his greasy hair are a dead giveaway that he hasn't shampooed in about a year. I hope Sam leaves him alive for her. In any case, it seems that Alcide is going to be freed up for a possible Sookie hookup.

Can someone explain to me how Sookie manages to attract the hottest guys?

Sookie grow up. Bill used you. He was commanded to do so by his queen. He does not love you. Stupid twit. At least in the books Sookie understood that and moved on. This entire I love you both is just Sookie afraid to grow up and make an adult decision about the men in her life.

As far as what Debbie Pelt told Marcus about what Alcide wants. I think she lied cause she wants to hurt him. Then to see the alpha of the pack try to bop a pack members mate? Yeah, that's real cool and shows great leadership.

PhoneGrrrl: I too was wondering if Sam was going to give Tommy a marshmallow funeral.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    That final shot was just sad. It was like watching a Steven Segall movie. Really, AB? Black leather? Slo-mo? Hair metal music? Indescribably lame.
    Oh, I thought it was hilarious. I took it to be very tongue-in-cheek, and I liked the buildup - Jessica saying earlier that she just wanted to kill something. Tiny Bill standing next to Eric and the two tall women...great visual. I was crushed that the show ended before the battle. Fingers crossed it will be a bloody good time.

Other than that...more Alcide, please. Anyone else catch Joe Manganiello on The Soup this weekend? Funny AND gorgeous. Damn.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread