+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

After Sookie drank Eric's blood (while sucking bullets from his flesh...ewww!), I remember her having some very HOT fantasies/dreams about him - it made for some very erotic scenes with them. Maybe that's what Bearcata is referring to.

Their actual coupling amidst the mosquitos and the mating calls of frogs seemed more like an adolescent heavy petting session, but not as passionate.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    After Sookie drank Eric's blood (while sucking bullets from his flesh...ewww!), I remember her having some very HOT fantasies/dreams about him - it made for some very erotic scenes with them. Maybe that's what Bearcata is referring to.

Their actual coupling amidst the mosquitos and the mating calls of frogs seemed more like an adolescent heavy petting session, but not as passionate.
    There has always been a sexual tension between Eric and Sookie but now it feels as if Sookie has a cute little lap dog and not a 1000 yr old vampire and their current love scenes reflect that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    There has always been a sexual tension between Eric and Sookie but now it feels as if Sookie has a cute little lap dog and not a 1000 yr old vampire and their current love scenes reflect that.
    I know they are portraying a child-like Eric, but as far as the sex goes I would think that even lap dogs would display more passion that he seems to.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    If a sex scene could ever be G-rated, that one would. I was waiting for big doe-eyed cartoon Disney animals to come out and sing songs to them.

Only three epis left? Where did the summer go?
    buglover and JavaJo like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    If a sex scene could ever be G-rated, that one would. I was waiting for big doe-eyed cartoon Disney animals to come out and sing songs to them.

Only three epis left? Where did the summer go?
    Considering that snowflake dream I too am surprised that there were no singing animals, birds, frogs, butterflies or flowers.
    Jamie5632 likes this.

I think I've figured out something that's been bugging me for awhile with Eric. It's his smile. I don't know if it's being done on purpose but it's damn cheesy and off-putting. Certainly not sexy and not even particularly pleasant. It's something to do with his lips. When he was badass, the heat and smoldering were oh so believable....now? not at all.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Well, shoot. I think the fact that Eric remembers everything that happened when he was with Sookie may mean no Quinn He was sort of her diversion until Eric remembered.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

August 28, 2011

Wow, Tommy died. Trouble is i kept looking at his teeth during his death scene because part of the time they are so clean and pearly white and the rest of the time they are covered in blood. Continuity much?

Luv'd the ending but as I have complained previously, the episodes seem short and you keep wanting to see more and instead it ends.

BTW I thought Sookie telling Eric the she also loves Bill is a big crock of poo.

I forgot to mention that Tommy is dead! That's one superfluous cast member down, about 10 to go! I hope he's really dead and we don't see him come back due to some special shifter magic or something.

Next to go should be Tara (I know it won't happen, but it's my wish list!), followed by Jesus. Sorry Jesus, you're a nice guy and all, but you take too much storyline away from other characters.

When the vamps came out of the van at the end of the episode, I was singing "One of these things is not like the other...." Bill looked short and unsexy next to Eric, Pam and Jess.

I wonder if AB will follow the pattern he's used before - the big bad is vanquished in the penultimate episode and then he sets up the next season in the finale episode.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I forgot to mention that Tommy is dead! That's one superfluous cast member down, about 10 to go! I hope he's really dead and we don't see him come back due to some special shifter magic or something.

Next to go should be Tara (I know it won't happen, but it's my wish list!), followed by Jesus. Sorry Jesus, you're a nice guy and all, but you take too much storyline away from other characters.

When the vamps came out of the van at the end of the episode, I was singing "One of these things is not like the other...." Bill looked short and unsexy next to Eric, Pam and Jess.

I wonder if AB will follow the pattern he's used before - the big bad is vanquished in the penultimate episode and then he sets up the next season in the finale episode.
    But isn't that what most TV series do?

+ Reply to Thread