+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I wondered that about Debbie following Alcide, too, Poppy. Odd.

My favorite part was Tommy as Mrs. Fortenberry. It was so funny hearing her curse like that. I thought the actress nailed Tommy's manurisms, too. Great job!

Also...didn't Sookie just guzzle some of Eric's blood shortly before she was shot? Wouldn't that have helped somewhat? It seems the further Alan goes from the book plotlines, the more holes I'm noticing in the storyline. bleh.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I thought that too about the blood. Debbie can just disappear out of the story now. She's useless. Alcide really does have a thing for Sookie. I keep wondering what the heck does she have that makes all of these super hot men go gaga over her??
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I thought that too about the blood. Debbie can just disappear out of the story now. She's useless. Alcide really does have a thing for Sookie. I keep wondering what the heck does she have that makes all of these super hot men go gaga over her??
    Fairy dust and a nice rack?
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

August 21, 2011

Liked that the Ghost Mavis and bebe story arc was resolved. Doesn't mean that Mikey is not possessed. Interesting to see the Terry/Andy jealousy angle brought up. In fact the entire Andy on V trying to resolve the hostage situation and listening to Terry revert to his previous self when he was in the military was amusing and worth a second look.

Sookie and her dream. Was that really her body, cause her head and neck looked weird on it when she was in red lingerie mode? As a dream it was so unsexy especially with two hot guys...I kept hoping that when Eric and Bill were kissing Sookie on the sofa that they would (the two guys) kiss and then Sookie wake up. That would have been so cool.

Alcide naked is a wonderful thing......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm.

Debbie helping Sookie? Don't think so, I think there is an underlying reason. Does Debbie taking V help her hide her thoughts from Sookie?

Very glad that the good witches have been separated out from Antonia. That was one way to resolve the issue.

Note to self, unless you are a very powerful being do not work for a vampire as you will have a very short career with them and then have your guts spread out for the world to see.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

The (I guess) conclusion of the ghost lady and the baby story arch worked for me. If I think on it too hard, I might find some issue with it, but in the moment of watching it, it felt really touching for TB. Poor Ghost Lady Mavis and the witnesses who saw it. Maybe Arlene will not think the baby's haunted, though I think that eye-bleeding incident preceded the doll--I'd have to re-watch the shows to know for certain and time does not at this point allow that level of fangeekery. So if someone remembers better than me, please set me straigth.

For the most part, the rest of the episode felt like more of a story driving to the end kind of episode. I still want to know why werewolves shun shampoo. I have no clue what Tommy's motivations are vis a vis Sam and the werewolves. I don't particularly care about Andy and his V addiction, nor Terry confronting him, as that feels out of left field. Jessica's collection of things at the house, especially the copy of Twilight, was amusing, but not all that significant plot-wise. Yeah, she and Jason hooked up, but that was inevitable.

But that Sookie dream with Eric & Bill...since his amnesia, Eric has been at the maturity level of about an 8 year old, so the sexy times just feel wrong and weird. It just felt like the scene was designed to show off Anna Paquin's insane work-out habits. (From what I've read, she's a particularly obsessive gym going gal.) Working out hours a day is great if you can afford the time, but for my (and probably others) benefit, let's use it to drive the plot forward, and not get half-way naked (or fully...I'm not a prude...I wanted more of Alcide) rather than canoodle on a couch with a couple of half-way interested dudes. There was more "heat" on Curb Your Enthusiasm. And Larry David scores about 0.0001 on the hot level for me.

welll...huh.

I just don't know about this any more.

When playing solitaire on my computer is more compelling than watching a partial 3-way on a couch, something's really, really wrong. They've neutered Eric, a feat I didn't think was possible, and neither Sookie nor Bill have ever been especially sexy to me in any way. zzzzzzzzzzzzz I've never thought Anna Paquin was a good choice for Sookie - she's smart enough but does not have the sensuality/sexiness needed.

Layfayette/Mavis/baby story arc was short (yay!) and in the end, very moving. But then they have to take all the tenderness out of it when Lafayette (back to himself) calls Mavis "bitch". I know this is his "thing" to call all women. I.am.not.amused. Get a thesaurus and find some other nouns AB.

Even though Jason is a dimwit (although they're slowly improving that) and Jess is a teenager...I can see this turning into the best love story on the show. The shot of the Twilight book was priceless!

Antonia/Marnie is now poised for elimination - maybe Tara and she will go down in flames together? LOL
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I liked how Tara actually was useful for a change when she said to Sookie "Are you hearing me???" *wink*wink*wink* and told Sookie what was up in her mind. Sookie may be a lousy friend but I think Tara realized that Antonia was not the person she wanted to hitch her wagon to after all.

I do NOT understand why Tommy/Sam purposefully tried to piss off Marcus by commenting about "his brother" (which as Sam would have been himself, Tommy) and Luna.

IMO - during the Sookie dream sequence, Eric was closer to his old cocky self than his neutered amnesiac self. I did miss Bill's comment after Eric said "I'm 10 times your age" and then Bill said " and I'm 20 times ______"

For me the question is - which is stronger - the blood bond or the witch spell. Because I think that's going to come into play with Eric during the continuation of this big fight scene.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Taylor Swift, a Twilight novel, and a vibrator? I guess that kinda says it all, doesn't it?
    And I cannot imagine why they chose the back of the pickup to hook up when they had an entire mansion all to themselves.

I'm also wondering how Sookie could NOT have heard Debbie telling Antonia that she was delivering Sookie to her. Especially since Tara apparently did? Maybe I missed something.

Sookie's dream made me realize something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time. The closer hot men get to Sookie, the less interesting they become. Bill and Eric, both, are so much more complex and desirable apart from her. So is Alcide. She's the kiss of meh.

Mia
    , I think Bill said "And I love her 20 times more."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Sookie and her dream. Was that really her body, cause her head and neck looked weird on it when she was in red lingerie mode? As a dream it was so unsexy especially with two hot guys...I kept hoping that when Eric and Bill were kissing Sookie on the sofa that they would (the two guys) kiss and then Sookie wake up. That would have been so cool.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that looked weird. I decided that her head definitely looked too big for her body in that scene!! I started out glad that Eric looked more like his old self, but you're right that whole scene was strangely unsexy.

I found the ghost wrap-up scene touching, but I also agree that Lafayette calling Mavis "bitch" was really out of place and felt jarring. We know that's his thing, but she is from another time and it would not have made sense to her.

I didn't get the Tommy and the werewolves bit. At first I figured he was trying to get back on Sam's good side by filling in for him at that meeting. But what did he think to accomplish by goading them in to beating him senseless? Is he going to say that they were looking for Sam and he innocently got involved and beat up so Sam feels guilty?

I miss old Eric more with every passing episode.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    The (I guess) conclusion of the ghost lady and the baby story arch worked for me. If I think on it too hard, I might find some issue with it, but in the moment of watching it, it felt really touching for TB. Poor Ghost Lady Mavis and the witnesses who saw it. Maybe Arlene will not think the baby's haunted, though I think that eye-bleeding incident preceded the doll--I'd have to re-watch the shows to know for certain and time does not at this point allow that level of fangeekery. So if someone remembers better than me, please set me straigth.
    I definitely think the doll was the object of the haunting, not the baby. It's why Mavis kept returning it to her house (now rented by Hoyt). But seeing it with the baby, made her do a little writing on the wall IIRC.

And Arlene's sudden eye hemmorage when staring down the baby was before the doll arrived, I think. So, the baby story may not be done.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread