+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Kiz

Re: True Blood (HBO)

What did Bill mean when he saved Tara from Pam and told Tara something like that she knows why he saved her? My husband thought it was because of her friendship with Sookie, but I thought it went deeper than that.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I was so surprised that Hoyt kicked Jessica out of the house like that! I really thought we were going to see that was a dream too!
    He didnt seem all that much in love all of a sudden.
    I love how some of the Bon Temps locals call Bill 'Vampire Bill' it sounds so formal and funny.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    What did Bill mean when he saved Tara from Pam and told Tara something like that she knows why he saved her? My husband thought it was because of her friendship with Sookie, but I thought it went deeper than that.
    I took it to mean that, after choosing NOT to save her when she was captive at Russel's and knowing how instrumental she was to Sookie's escape, and how much Sookie loves her, he had no choice now but to save her life - ignoring the fact that she was on the side of the witches. He owes her.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-15-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I took it to mean that, after choosing NOT to save her when she was captive at Russel's and knowing how instrumental she was to Sookie's escape, and how much Sookie loves her, he had no choice now but to save her life - ignoring the fact that she was on the side of the witches. He owes her.
    Thanks Poppy! I think her helping Sookie escape captivity was what cinched it. I was thinking there had to be something in addition to her friendship with Sookie. I even asked my husband if Tara did something to help Sookie when Russel had her, and he couldn't remember, and obviously, I didn't either.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I agree and will add that Bill knows that, however reluctantly, Tara did help Sookie save him from Lorena.

However, that made me think of Lorena and the crazy head-twisting sex scene last season and make me scratch my head even more at the blandness of the Sookie/Eric sex scenes. "Why is there a bed? Can we make love in it?" is the day-time soap version of what happened in the book. And Harris isn't the greatest on describing sex scenes (or fashion, in agreement with hep's spoiler), so that's saying something.

I re-watched the last half hour tonight, and I'll admit I'm a bit befuddled why Eric ripped out the throat of the witch. Was that the warrior in him itching for a confrontation? Did Antonia want to start the crap going down and had a hold on him then? Had he just watched MacGruber on DVD? And also, why didn't the guards shoot Antonia? They had a clear line of sight when she started her spell, and had even more lead time when Sookie warned them that she was casting a spell. Hell, just shoot her in the arm and distract her.

And also, is there some missing piece of mythology about werewolves being deathly afraid of shampoo but overly in love with styling products?

Haha, I just happened to watch MacGruber last night, PG. It was so startling to see that move right after True Blood! You're making me wish you were recapping this show.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'm still rolling over Lafayette's reaction when he opened the door and saw the spirit with the baby. It's too funny.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I think that Bill saving Tara is going to come up later in the form of Tara getting a conscience over the plan to kill all vampires. I think she may then be instrumental in taking down Marnie/Antonia.

Oh the "sex" scenes are sooooo bland!!! The music, the settings - I just can take it. Part of what makes Eric so hot (to me) is his raw, primal masculinity. You could always see that speculation of sex and measure of unpredictability simmering just beneath the surface, barely contained. I wanted that unleashed on Sookie. But no - we got the tame Twilight version. Even the unbearable hotness of Alcide looked unappetizing during his vanilla lovemaking with Debbie. Snooooze.

I, too, was confused about Eric attacking and killing the one witch. Is he that out of control of his vampire nature?
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    And also, is there some missing piece of mythology about werewolves being deathly afraid of shampoo but overly in love with styling products?
    Speaking of the wolves, how could Alcide not have known that Debbie wasn't following him? Can't he smell her?
    cablejockey likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Err... was following him.

+ Reply to Thread