+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I'd dump Hoyt, Tara, Tommy...hell, I'd dump pretty much most of the cast if they brought on QUINN! After Eric, he's my favorite of Sookie's men.

I thought for one, brief moment that we'd been relieved of Hoyt tonight. Is it too much to ask that he just disappear? Jessica is so much more interesting without him.

Of course Sookie won't die - that's a given. I don't know why they bother trying to tease us with ambiguous previews.

Just in case anyone is interested (ha!), imdb has plot summaries for episodes 9 and 10:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Season 4, Episode 9: Run
    Original Air Dateó21 August 2011
    Convalescing after her latest near-death trauma, Sookie envisions a world where there's room for both Bill and Eric. Jesus tries to purge the restless spirit out of Lafayette; Marcus enlists Alcide to help him deal with the Sam situation; Bill and Nan Flanagan clash over their agendas; Hoyt asks Jason to make a delivery to Jessica; despite Tara and Holly's misgivings, Marnie plots her next move against the vampires, during a "Festival of Tolerance" event at Shreveport.

Season 4, Episode 10: Burning Down the House
    Original Air Dateó28 August 2011
    As all hell breaks loose in Shreveport, Sookie summons her most potent powers yet to save Bill, in the process breaking a spell and leading Marnie/Antonia to re-evaluate her mission. Jason urges Jessica to glamour him for Hoyt's sake; Terry drags Andy to "Fort Bellefleur" for an intervention; Alcide reconsiders his allegiances after Marcus fight with Tommy; Jesus, accompanied by Sookie, Lafayette and Jason, tries to breach the Moongoddess Emporium's defenses to liberate Tara and Holly, while Bill leads a brigade of vampires committed to blowing the place to kingdom come.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Okay, what the hell was with the flaky shower scene? I was expecting something steamy and I got a (barely) PG-13 scene with them wistfully staring into the snowflakes. Boo!

Though I will say, I was very appreciative of the shots of Mr. Skarsgard's behind. Thanks for that.

I like to see what song they end with, too, PG. They come up with some good ones. I also liked the shot of Jason watching Oddities on TV.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Can someone explain to me why Sookie on a V trip = Eric on a V trip? At first I thought maybe it was the faerie blood, but I never noticed that it made Bill hallucinate.

Despite all the chemistry Eric and Sookie have, their affair just seems drippy and insipid to me. Where's the fire? They sound Like Edward and Bella. The frequent shots of Eric's bum did help to hold my interest, though.

Bill's introducing a "vampire suicide" theory makes me worry a bit for Jessica. And I was really disappointed when he stopped Pam from killing Tara. It would have been the perfect exit for her.

Tommy as Maxine Fortenberry was hilarious! The succotash line was the perfect hand-tipper, if you weren't already sure he was skinwalking as Maxine.

ETA: Who shot Sookie??
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-15-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Now that Tommy has a check he still needs to cash it. I hope this means he disappears .

I wonder if because in real life the actors playing Sookie and Bill are married and they wanted their characters on the show to remain together that somehow they influenced Allan Ball to de hot the love scenes between Eric and Sookie. Cause in previous seasons the chemistry between Eric and Sookie was streaming.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-15-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I am hoping that Lafayette somehow is the one who saves the day for everyone. After all if he is a medium, he can do something with Antonia's spirit.
    Anyone get the vibe that Marcus and Debby are going to get together? I have for awhile and now after she sees Alcide saving Sookie, it looks quite likely.
    What did they hope to accomplish meeting at the cemetary? Obviously Bill and Antonia both brought reinforcements. And why did Eric suddenly go nuts attacking that witch? And I can't imagine what the Witch is going to do to Eric now she has his bloody face in her hands!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Sookie on a V trip = Eric on a V trip? At first I thought maybe it was the faerie blood, but I never noticed that it made Bill hallucinate.

Despite all the chemistry Eric and Sookie have, their affair just seems drippy and insipid to me. Where's the fire? They sound Like Edward and Bella. The frequent shots of Eric's bum did help to hold my interest, though.
    Bill's introducing a "vampire suicide" theory makes me worry a bit for Jessica. And I was really disappointed when he stopped Pam from killing Tara. It would have been the perfect exit for her.

Tommy as Maxine Fortenberry was hilarious! The succotash line was the perfect hand-tipper, if you weren't already sure he was skinwalking as Maxine.

ETA: Who shot Sookie??
    Agreed about Eric and Sookie! Seems like Eric not only lost his memory but also his personality! They're just white bread together... Pam is the only original character this season, IMO, who is interesting and worthy of cheering for. Jessica needs to lose Hoyt FAST before they ruin her character, Tommy needs to disappear before they ruin Sam, Tara and Jesus should hookup and go back to New Orleans together and ruin eachother... quickly! Bring in Quinn, and THEN I'll be happy!!!

I read something somewhere......(how vague is that?? ) that the real actor of Bill thinks his wife is hot with Eric in the storyline and doesn't have a problem with her being engaged in scenes of that nature.

Maybe because Eric is more like a child right now it is very PG-13. Hopefully once he gets his memory back the steamy delicious man we have come to know and love!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Ugh! I dislike Hoyt even more after last nights episode.. which I didn't think was possible. Is it wrong that I cheered when I thought Jessica killed him?

I want her & Jason together! Their scenes are great with each other, and they have WAY more chemistry than she & Hoyt EVER had!

The Tommy as Maxine bit had me laughing.. that was so funny.

And so far, I am really liking Marcus... he is a character that I am very interested to see what happens with. He really steals the scenes he is in IMO. And cablejockey, I see him & Debbie possibly getting together too. That should be interesting!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Maybe because Eric is more like a child right now it is very PG-13. Hopefully once he gets his memory back the steamy delicious man we have come to know and love!
    I hate to compare to the books, but he was NOT all wimpy and doe-eyed in the book version. He needs to get some personality back, stat.

I'd love to see Jessica and Jason together! Hoyt is too...domestic? for her, IMO. Both Jess and Jason have a wild streak a mile wide, they'd be fun to watch together.
    JavaJo likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I was shocked when she killed Hoyt in the dream but I almost wish they'd kept it that way. Either way, he's an annoyance. Good riddance, Jessica.

Critical, my only problem with Quinn is his fashion sense. Hopefully if they do ever add him in they will
    Click to see Spoiler:
    nix the parachute pants.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread