+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

This season is seriously hitting the skids for me. I have had my fill of Tara. Burn the witches!
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    When Eric kept asking Sookie if she'd still want him after his memory returns, I realized that it is probably already returning. Especially when he said "That's all I need to hear."

I also got the impression that Tommy may not remember much of his skinwalking experience. He doesn't seem to know how it happened other than to say that he had no choice. Of course, though, he's a total con man. Maybe he can skinwalk Maxine for the gas compay guy (was it the gas company who wants her land?).
    I don't think it is. This isn't regular amnesia - it's a spell. I think that, when his memory comes back, it will all be in one moment when the spell is broken.

I thought Tommy definitely remembered. He just didn't know exactly how he did it.

Ginger "riding" Pam's coffin was one of the highlights of the episode. That little brain-damaged ditz has definitely grown on me.

I love that AB followed the books at least a little bit, especially where the Eric/Sookie relationship is concerned. I still think he's spinning too many plates and that some of them need to be dropped. Tommy and Tara can go now, as can the whole Hotshot storyline and Andy's V addiction. I'd like to see less of the witches. They were more interesting in the book because we didn't see them very much! I'm much more interested in seeing how the relationship between Jason and Jessica develops. I guess it's too much to ask for that Crystal and the werepanthers just suddenly go away with no explanation.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Click to see Spoiler:
    Wasn't Crystal killed in the books?

Also don't know what's happening on the show but from what I remember in the book Sookie and Eric discussed his personality prior to his amnesia. So if that discussion happened on the show that could be why he's asking the question.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Wasn't Crystal killed in the books?
    Yes! But not for several books - I think it was book 9.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Yes! But not for several books - I think it was book 9.
    Really it took that long? There were some story lines I didn't follow as closely in the books and that whole hot mess was one of them.

Charlaine suffers from sort of the same problem Alan does where at times there are entirely too many characters, character types and storylines going on and I find myself skipping over them in the books as much as I do in the show.

I was late to watching and after reading everything you have all written there's nothing more for me to add. Except, I really, really don't like Tara or Tommy.

I wish they'd give us the Tara from the books. Boutique owner, married, pregnant....NORMAL. Sookie needs that one stability in her life.

I actually like Andy. I think his bumbling ways are cute and deep down, he's a stand up guy. I hate, hate, hate that he is addicted to V now. They ruined his character and honestly, I don't see the point in it. It's just stupid.

Tommy needs to take a hike.
    waywyrd likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I wish they'd give us the Tara from the books. Boutique owner, married, pregnant....NORMAL. Sookie needs that one stability in her life.
    ....rarely heard from. That's another thing about Tara that I'd like to see carry over from the books to the show!
    I actually like Andy. I think his bumbling ways are cute and deep down, he's a stand up guy. I hate, hate, hate that he is addicted to V now. They ruined his character and honestly, I don't see the point in it. It's just stupid.

Tommy needs to take a hike.
    Agreed on both points. I like Andy and don't think this V nonsense is necessary. He's blundering and awkward enough - they don't have to make him into a junkie.

Yes about Tommy too, although I'd prefer to see him dead...or whatever will keep him from ever being on the show again (since being dead doesn't seem to really matter! ) . He gives me the creeps.

Overall, I think this season has been better than season 3. Still, there are still problems, mainly brought on by AB's seemingly pathological need to have too many characters on the canvas at one time.
    JavaJo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Really it took that long? There were some story lines I didn't follow as closely in the books and that whole hot mess was one of them.

Charlaine suffers from sort of the same problem Alan does where at times there are entirely too many characters, character types and storylines going on and I find myself skipping over them in the books as much as I do in the show.
    Yes, Charlaine has a lot of characters but she never tried to include them all in a one book. I wish AB would take that approach occasionally. The beauty of the book where Eric ran into the witches is that you never saw the witches you just heard about what they did. Nice way to have new characters but you never really have to do anything about developing them you just have other characters talk about them.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yes, Charlaine has a lot of characters but she never tried to include them all in a one book. I wish AB would take that approach occasionally. The beauty of the book where Eric ran into the witches is that you never saw the witches you just heard about what they did. Nice way to have new characters but you never really have to do anything about developing them you just have other characters talk about them.
    Yeah that's the truth at least she sprinkles them here and there. I didn't mind the book witch story line because it was in the background for the most part and from the sounds of it Alan took the characters and made them full, instead of background characters, which is an annoyance in the seasons I've watched of the show. Not every single character type needs to be all fleshed out. I gave up keeping up with all the various characters and character types in the books. It's just too hard year to year for me to keep up with it all. Rather just stick with the ones I know and that's how I feel about the show too. I could have lived without all of Sam's family stuff or Tommy and Jesus and Tara being all like she is on the show.

+ Reply to Thread