+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Eric & Sookie!!! (obviously we're behind) DH doesn't get it; he thinks she should be with Bill but I love Sookie & Eric together. Hoorah to seeing them finally getting together!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    I'm loving this season with a few minor exceptions (Tara and Tommy primarily - the annoying "T's"?!)

Sookie and Eric finally together -

The witch storyline is pretty good, just wish the Jesus/grandfather angle would move along quicker.
    Didn't like Marnie too much at first, but now that she's possessed by the Spanish witch, a bit more interesting.
    They BETTER NOT kill Pam! I love me some Pam dished up with a side of bitchy!! LOL

Do we know if the fairy storyline is kaput on the show? I wouldn't mind actually, never liked that whole story arc in the books.
    Someone asked AB a similar question at Comic-Con and all he would say was that fairies are born in litters and are identical. This could mean we may see Claude after all.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Reallly good epi tonight! This season is shaping up to be my favorite after season 1. The witches storyline is cooking along and makes sense (well except for the Lafayette and Jesus angle...not sure where that's going yet). And they MAY be giving Tara a bit of backbone back....sheesh, they all but gutted her story. Rutina may not be the greatest actress, but she hasn't been given much to work with either

Pam is just awesome....and the shot of Ginger on top of the coffin? LOVE it!

Bill and Jessica were surprisingly touching and Jason running for the house....hmmmmm....good story on its way??

Tommy - go away. Take Sam with you, he's been absolutely ruined.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Lots of Sookie and Eric.

Luv the relationship between Jessica and Bill.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm ready for someone to take OUT those witches, including Tara! Their scenes are just taking up much too much of each episode right now. I like Fiona Shaw, but I really hate the way they've expanded the storyline.

I know Eric is more powerful, but I want Pam to be the one who ends those witches.

Looks like we're moving toward the Debbie storyline in the books where
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sookie kills her after she confronts Sookie in a jealous rage. I can't stand her, so I really hope they include that in the show. Plus, it brings Eric and Sookie closer too, which is always good.

Still waiting on that promised shower scene...*tapping foot*
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm trying to process my frustration of how this season is playing out. Right now the *only* story line I give a crap about is the Arlene's baby/ghost lady/fire starter ghost/freaky doll, which got very little treatment except Lafayette seeing the ghost lady in the kitchen. I guess that leads me to my first kind of WTH? of this episode. Lafayette was back in town cooking when Andy had his "date" with Holly. A while later, Tara convinces Holly to join up with the coven and Marnie and wants to get as many people to join up as possible, all while in Merlotte's. Lafayette "should" have been in the kitchen, or if it was Terry's day to cook, Tara was staying at Lafayette's house. So why didn't she ask him or Jesus, as he was in the group before.

The rest is kind of scatter-shot...why give Andy a V problem and be inconsistent on dealing with it? I seriously doubt one gets over a multiple rape situation by developing a crush on your best bud's girl friend; Jason isn't the brightest bulb on the tree, but c'mon! Sookie has seemed to get even more stupid, if that's possible. For someone so usually concerned about making ends meet, she doesn't go back to work to even test the waters and apologize to Sam? The one thing I miss from the books about her is her sense of craftiness. And dear god, the whole Tommy/Sam story just needs.to.go.away. I really like Sam Trammell as an actor, but this story is a boring drag.

The two bright spots for me were watching Maxine gripe at her up-in-flames neighbor and Ginger "ride" Pam's coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    The two bright spots for me were watching Maxine gripe at her up-in-flames neighbor and Ginger "ride" Pam's coffin.
    Those were the best scenes last night.

I can't say that I'm thrilled with Tara getting into the witch mix. I was hoping she'd pack up and go back to New Orleans. And if she'd take Tommy with her, that would be great, both of those storylines are stinking up the show.

Crit, I hope that spoiler does come true. I can see it coming with the way she's acting....
    cablejockey likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I find the fact that witches can drag vamps into the sunlight, amazing! All these centuries humans were helpless prey, and in one moment they have a weapon to fight back. I cant help but feel they are justified in wanting to do this. But I dont want to see my pets--Bill Eric Pam and Jessica die.
    The actress playing Marnie/Antonia is good. Those scenes of her floating above the coven are eerie.
    Shocking how Jessica found a way out! That spell is very strong. I hope Jason gets there before Jessica fried.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I seriously doubt one gets over a multiple rape situation by developing a crush on your best bud's girl friend; Jason isn't the brightest bulb on the tree, but c'mon!
    I had the same thought, but figured the fact that he drank Jessica's blood "overruled" the fact that he was recovering from the trauma of a rape. I'm more perplexed by the fact that Jessica is attracted to him. Is it just that she thinks he is good looking and is having trouble with Hoyt, or does this whole blood-drinking connection have more effect on vampires than just them knowing where the human is? Does Bill know about this and should he have had a heart-to-heart with Jessica about it?

While I like endearing, vulnerable Eric. I'm starting to miss tough, bad-ass Eric. I hope he returns soon!!

Crit, I agree with the direction of your spoiler and I also hope it comes to pass. There was a scene in one of the "coming up" clips that eluded to that also!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 08-08-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

When Eric kept asking Sookie if she'd still want him after his memory returns, I realized that it is probably already returning. Especially when he said "That's all I need to hear."

I also got the impression that Tommy may not remember much of his skinwalking experience. He doesn't seem to know how it happened other than to say that he had no choice. Of course, though, he's a total con man. Maybe he can skinwalk Maxine for the gas compay guy (was it the gas company who wants her land?).

Now that Pam has threatened a human on camera (and will probably be on You Tube), does that mean she's crossed the line with the AVL? Isn't the punishment for that now true death?

I thought it hilarious that Maxine was holding a running garden hose when her neighbor was spontaneously combusting and didn't think to try to extinguish the flames. She really hates the vamps!

And what do you suppose Andy is going to do with those flowers?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread