+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I'm not liking the witch storyline much (maybe because I am partial to vampires!) but I will stick it out. I find myself fast forwarding through Sam/Tommy story, Tara and the baby with the evil doll stuff. I hope one of the storylines comes to a close soon.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I'm not liking the witch storyline much (maybe because I am partial to vampires!) but I will stick it out. I find myself fast forwarding through Sam/Tommy story, Tara and the baby with the evil doll stuff. I hope one of the storylines comes to a close soon.
    I used to like Tara, but she is definitely my least favorite storyline this season. Every time she comes on I groan internally. I feel like she should be a strong character and instead she has become a chronic victim. On the other hand, I find myself a little curious about the old baby doll and where they are going with that story.

The series has strayed so far from the books, I'm afraid of losing Pam. She steals every scene she's in, IMO.

I like the evil baby subplot...it's great comic relief, thanks to Arlene and Terry. Those characters are beginning to stand out in a good way, and they're one of the few things that are better on the show than in the books. It's much better than the Tommy storyline...disappointing because I heart Sam. Yeah, he's not the most buff nor the hottest guy on the show (that goes to Alcide, not that I'm ever sorry to see him on my screen) but I like his character in both series and books.

What I don't get is what's going on with Sookie's character. It's like she's morphing into just a cute waitress with a penchant for banging vampires. What happened to the telepath that was so valuable to the vamps? All the good things about her character are being downplayed, and all we're seeing is a sweet accent and some T&A. Disappointing.
    JavaJo and Poppy Fields like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm actually really enjoying this season. Sookie is being quite funny, and I think that she & Eric together is exciting, and they certainly have smoking hot chemistry! More so than she & Bill ever had IMO.. and I know that may seem strange, as Anna Paqin & Stephen Moyer are married in real life.

The idea of Jason & Jessica possibly getting together also excites me, as I really like her & Jason (even though he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed), and I really dislike Hoyt.

As for Tara, I have never liked, so there is no loss there for me.

Arlene, Terry and the demon baby story has me quite curious. I look forward to see what is going on there!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    What I don't get is what's going on with Sookie's character. It's like she's morphing into just a cute waitress with a penchant for banging vampires. What happened to the telepath that was so valuable to the vamps? All the good things about her character are being downplayed, and all we're seeing is a sweet accent and some T&A. Disappointing.
    I think she's more coming into her own and not being used by the vamps. At Comic-Con someone asked Anna about how Sookie isn't "hearing" people so much any more. She said that she IS, we just don't hear about it all the time. We did see her use her powers to check out Marnie, which I thought was a really good scene. Plus, it was nice to have Lois Smith back, even if it was only her voice! I loved Sookie's leaving the Moon Gooddess Emporium: "Sorry, lady. When my gran tells me to run, I run!"

I'm definitely enjoying this season more than last, which was a real clunker, imo. I wouldn't be sad if they got rid of Tara, Hoyt and Tommy. None of those storylines add anything to the season for me. I like Terry so much that I'm willing to hang in there on the evil baby story. I only really like the witch storyline because it affects the vamps.

Unless they change Jason's story (which is obviously totally possible),
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he'll be a half-werepanther.

I'd be curious to know if any of the people who have previously been Team Bill have changed their minds after this season. I think for many of us on Team Eric, it was because of what we knew was coming. I've always preferred Eric on the show - Bill's just too much of a stick in the mud for me - but I mean wanting Sookie and Eric together.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm curious about the evil baby storyline, too. I love Terry, too. Loved him as Zach on Gilmore Girls and love him even more now. Funny but I watched an episode of GG just the other day and he looked so young. It was just strange because now he's a man. Makes me feel old.

I'm loving Sookie and Eric. Bill...eh. In the books, he's not really a bad guy but it seems that might be the direction they are taking him. Should be interesting. I hate the Andy/V storyline. I like him much better as a bumbling oaf.

I'm not digging Jesus or that part of the witch storyline. Wish they'd move it along a little faster.

Can't wait for Sam to figure out what Tommy did. Oh boy...he's going to flip his lid.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm curious about the evil baby storyline, too. I love Terry, too. Loved him as Zach on Gilmore Girls and love him even more now. Funny but I watched an episode of GG just the other day and he looked so young. It was just strange because now he's a man. Makes me feel old.

I'm loving Sookie and Eric. Bill...eh. In the books, he's not really a bad guy but it seems that might be the direction they are taking him. Should be interesting. I hate the Andy/V storyline. I like him much better as a bumbling oaf.

I'm not digging Jesus or that part of the witch storyline. Wish they'd move it along a little faster.

Can't wait for Sam to figure out what Tommy did. Oh boy...he's going to flip his lid.
    I loved Todd Lowe on GG! It was well into the first season of TB before I recognized him - he looks so different as Terry. I saw his name in the credits and then realized it was him.

Ab has really diverged from the books, but I can't imagine that he would kill Pam. She is a wildly popular character and not just in the books. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hoyt die or Tommy, but I think Pam is safe. Also, the preview I saw of the rest of the season (I think I posted a link above) showed
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Pam attacking Naomi and her face was back to normal
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think the funniest scenes so far are watching the three way dream with Jessica, Hoyt and Jason ending with Hoyt on top of Jason. Too funny.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think the funniest scenes so far are watching the three way dream with Jessica, Hoyt and Jason ending with Hoyt on top of Jason. Too funny.
    Wait! Is this a dream?

Yes.

Well, alrighty then!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I'm loving this season with a few minor exceptions (Tara and Tommy primarily - the annoying "T's"?!)

Sookie and Eric finally together -

The witch storyline is pretty good, just wish the Jesus/grandfather angle would move along quicker.
    Didn't like Marnie too much at first, but now that she's possessed by the Spanish witch, a bit more interesting.
    They BETTER NOT kill Pam! I love me some Pam dished up with a side of bitchy!! LOL

Do we know if the fairy storyline is kaput on the show? I wouldn't mind actually, never liked that whole story arc in the books.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread