+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

"Don't you know crocs like marshmallows, Tommy? Well, ya do now." Gee, me too.

The Mickens won't be missed by us, but it seems as if Tommy might miss his mom. He seems to have a conscience, too. I have to admit, though, that I wish he just ran away and left the them at the campiste. None of them to ever be seen again.

"You're leaving me here, in the middle of nowhere? Hello!"

I'm hating Marnie. I'm not a fan of the affected speech and flailing arms school of acting, and less a fan of the shouting = emotion school of acting. I know Fiona Shaw is some kind of theater demigod, but it's like she ran into one of her own character's errant spells and lost all the talent she brought to the TB table. I don't hate her story, and I think Antonia is great. Maybe the writers just want to portray Marnie as an innocent, cognitively challenged, emotionally overwrought bystander to the havoc she creates. I kind of wish she had reprised her Petunia Dursley character for this role.

"You people. You know...religious." I'm wondering about the implied racism, too. Arlene's never given any indication of it. But it was great to see Lettie May again. I was laughing aloud. I'm wondering if she will finally wind up doing something useful for someone else.

And we have yet another storyline - Alcide and the Shreveport pack. Thanks. This show really needs more sub-plots.

Hope Gran is wrong. What I find the most interesting is that so much of Eric's story is retread. We've seen Bill lament being unable to go into the sunlight. We've seen Bill regret his past actions. We've seen Bill have a ruined relationship with his maker. And they weren't nearly as poignant or sad as Eric realizing the full extent of the pain he inflicted on Sookie, or mourning the loss of the sun on his face. Ten points for Alexander Skarsgard. He's the outlier in this equation.

And Pam's slip of the tonuge? I'm not buying it. I keep going back to last season when Pam let the Magister torture her at length and would not give up Eric's whereabouts. She was about to have a silver earring placed on her eyelid when Eric came to her rescue. I think the only only reason it "slipped out" was that they needed the pivotal point to get Bill over to Sookie's place and interrupt her make-out session. Blah.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

July 31st, 2011

Really am starting to enjoy this season, but wish each episodes was 2 hours long as the story arcs leave you wanting more and more, except maybe for the Tommy story arc. Even wearing Sam's skin, Tommy simply f***'s everything up.

Oh, who is the ghost that baby Mike was waving to after the house fire? The girl in the yellow dress.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I have no clue who the ghost girl was. As goofy as the possessed baby story is, I'm sort of getting into it.

Now Tommy, he really pissed me off last night. Fired Sookie (who didn't seem terribly upset about it?), acted like an ass in Sam's bar (I'm surprised he didn't steal anything), and wrecked his relationship with his new girl. Way to go, Tommy, you moron. At least Maxine got to tell him off, in a way.

Tara needs to go away. Back to New Orleans. Anywhere but Bon Temps, I'm tired of her.

I'll never get Bill letting Eric go like that, but I'll take it. Nice way to end the show....
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I think the ghost lady must be tied to creepy doll.

I laughed when Tommysam fired Sookie. Haven't we been saying that all along? Sookie is a horrible employee who never seems to work and is always bringing trouble into the bar. But the rest of Tommy as Sam was just sad.

The show doesn't resemble the books much at all anymore, and for the most part I think that's a good thing.
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I have no clue who the ghost girl was. As goofy as the possessed baby story is, I'm sort of getting into it.

Now Tommy, he really pissed me off last night. Fired Sookie (who didn't seem terribly upset about it?), acted like an ass in Sam's bar (I'm surprised he didn't steal anything), and wrecked his relationship with his new girl. Way to go, Tommy, you moron. At least Maxine got to tell him off, in a way.

Tara needs to go away. Back to New Orleans. Anywhere but Bon Temps, I'm tired of her.

I'll never get Bill letting Eric go like that, but I'll take it.
    Nice way to end the show....
    I too was pleasantly surprised that Bill let Eric live, but I think that Bill is a man of his times. A man of the south, with honor and decency bred into him. Bill did not grow up in the current age of instant gratification add that to the fact that he feels that he betrayed Sookie and feels he owes her a debt of honor.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    July 31st, 2011

Really am starting to enjoy this season, but wish each episodes was 2 hours long as the story arcs leave you wanting more and more, except maybe for the Tommy story arc. Even wearing Sam's skin, Tommy simply f***'s everything up.

Oh, who is the ghost that baby Mike was waving to after the house fire? The girl in the yellow dress.
    While re-watching this week's episode, it dawned on me that there is a unifying theme. Everyone is undergoing transition, coping with major changes, or refusing to. In every story, I think this is what we are seeing. And I see the stories beginning to knit together - bleed together, if you will.

I loved Sookie's getting fired! It was hilarious, and so true. Has she ever showed up for work two days in a row? And how about not showing up for a year and expecting your job to be waiting? But, hey! No worries, Sam. She says someday she'll explain herself. Isn't that good enough?

And the ghost girl looks familiar, doesn't she? Was she in Tara's exorcism dreams? Or Lafayette's V-induced hallucinations?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I also feel that Bill is still a man of his time, who still embodies the ethic and morals of that time--he even speaks with full words, without using contractions or short forms!
    I find it hard to beleive that Sookie has changed her opinion of Eric--puppy dog innocent though he may seem--so quickly! She must have been attracted to him all along and just fought it.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I think the ghost lady must be tied to creepy doll.
    I also think the ghost is tied to the doll. I haven't decided yet if she is good or bad. Did she just help the baby get away from the fire, or did she also start it? Could she have started the fire in an attempt to get rid of baby Mikey's family because she wants a baby of her own...?

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I find it hard to beleive that Sookie has changed her opinion of Eric--puppy dog innocent though he may seem--so quickly! She must have been attracted to him all along and just fought it.
    There was never any doubt in my mind that she was attracted to him all along and was just fighting it (especially after she drank his blood)!

If I was reading this instead of watching it, I would definitely be skipping ahead. I can't to find out where it's going!

Do we really know that Jason didn't shift? Sookie never did find him. And I'm wondering if he's part fae, too. Would that prevent him from turning? And does it prevent Sookie from ever turning vampire if she wanted to?

And poor Pam. I'm wondering if she's going to try to bite Tara and fail, because her fangs fall out. She is getting harder and harder to look at, too. I hope that both she and Eric recover soon.

i think she is good for some reason. i don't know why i think that though. maybe bc i think she's pretty, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I also think the ghost is tied to the doll. I haven't decided yet if she is good or bad. Did she just help the baby get away from the fire, or did she also start it? Could she have started the fire in an attempt to get rid of baby Mikey's family because she wants a baby of her own...?

There was never any doubt in my mind that she was attracted to him all along and was just fighting it (especially after she drank his blood)!

+ Reply to Thread