+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Liked the last episode pretty well, but I so wish they'd get rid of the Tommy storyline. I just don't care.

The scene with Marnie trying to figure out the right spell felt so Buffy/Once More With Feeling that I hoped they'd break out in song.
    Poppy Fields likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

It was definitely Buffy! I thought of "Charmed," too.

I watched it again last night, and it occurred to me that maybe the "Baby Not Yours" message is actually about the doll, not the baby.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    It was definitely Buffy! I thought of "Charmed," too.

I watched it again last night, and it occurred to me that maybe the "Baby Not Yours" message is actually about the doll, not the baby.
    I never thought of that. That little baby is way too cute to be evil.

I am really enjoying that storyline. Arlene is a hoot thinking her baby is possessed due to his father being Rene.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Holy crap! Check out the season preview video from Comic-Con!
    True Blood Season 4 preview - HBO.com

ETA: also, the panel discussion videos are available on this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/magicinthenumbers
    Last edited by Critical; 07-23-2011 at 04:31 AM.
    Bearcata and ClosetRTWatcher like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

ETA: also, the panel discussion videos are available on this channel: ‪magicinthenumbers' s Channel‬‏ - YouTube
    WOW!!! (Thanks for the link!)
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Absolute WOW with the premiere. Totally outstanding.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I have to say, I was a bit disappointed in the TB Comic-Con panel. I felt like SO much of the attention was on Alex Skarsgard - especially the audience questions - and some of the other cast members on the panel were virtually ignored. It's not his fault, but I had to roll my eyes every time ANOTHER girl asked him a question. I love Askars, but it was just a bit too fangirly for me. I kept hoping someone would ask Deborah Ann Woll (or anyone else) a question!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Liked the last episode pretty well, but I so wish they'd get rid of the Tommy storyline. I just don't care.

The scene with Marnie trying to figure out the right spell felt so Buffy/Once More With Feeling that I hoped they'd break out in song.
    It reminded me more of "Tabula Rasa" when they all lost their memories and Anya and Giles were trying to find a spell to get rid of the bunnies!

I liked about half of tonight's episode. The stuff with Tara can just go away. I don't care. She either comes whining for comfort from Sookie OR she's screaming and swearing at her. I'm actually glad that Tommy killed his parents, especially Joe Lee. This means we will never be subjected to those saggy, old, gray underpants ever again!

I wish that we wouldn't see any more of Crystal and Hot Shot, but it will probably be a full moon in the next episode. Crystal was never a very sympathetic character in the books, but the way she's portrayed on the show, I don't even see why Jason would want to be with her at all. There are plenty of cute girls in Bon Temps and she isn't anything special. Plus, you know, she tied him up let her entire town gang rape him. Stuff like that tends to kill a relationship.

Of course Eric won't die, but I can still hate Bill. He's just acting out of jealousy and it's kind of pathetic. Plus, all this nonsense means we just have to wait longer for the scene we've been waiting for!

ETA: also, the panel discussion videos are available on this channel: ‪magicinthenumbers' s Channel‬‏ - YouTube
    Bah! This computer screen shows stuff too dark and this does not come through clearly. I need to get home and watch this on my desktop!!! But even though I couldn't see it all, I am excited about what is yet to come!!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm actually glad that Tommy killed his parents, especially Joe Lee. This means we will never be subjected to those saggy, old, gray underpants ever again!
    I was thrilled he killed them off--in particular Joe Lee--for that very reason! The entire Tommy subplot needs to wind down this season, the sooner the better.

I was kind of surprised Pam slipped up about Eric, but I guess if your face is constantly falling off, you're probably not thinking too clearly. I also was kind of perplexed at the racial overtones at bringing in the Reverend and Tara's mother. It just seemed sort of out of place.

+ Reply to Thread