+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

  1. #1501
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    What is up with that creepy doll? Is Arlene's baby really evil or just a happy little kid who likes attention? I sort of want to get back on track with only 2 different storylines at the same time. Witches, skinwalkers, vampires, evil babies, fairies....holy cow!
    Yup, with donuts!!

  2. #1502
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Jason being gang raped by the Hot Shot hillbilly girls? Disgusting. And the Hot Shot denizens rip raw squirrels apart with their teeth? Even more gratuitous grossness.

    Snooki. How stupid is she? When is she going to notice that Jason's gone? And why is she spreading the news that Eric is staying with her when no one is supposed to know? If she needed help with Eric, why would she not have tried to solicit Jason's?

    In the first episode Marnie just seemed kind of eccentric. Now it would it appear that she is quite malevolent. Lookout, Jesus/Lafayette/Tara. And if Eric couldn't protect himself from her, what makes Pam think she can?

    I'd like to see everyone in Hot Shot go the way of Claudine (who must have found a new portal, since the old one's destroyed). And take Andy on V, Hoyt, Tommy, Hoyt's mom, and devil baby with them.

    Speaking of devil baby, why would Jessica give him that filthy doll - and lie about it having been in her family?

    Bill and Jessica: There was something a little chilling with him warning her not to get caught on film. Foreshadowing, maybe?

    Oh, and I really don't like the adolescent Eric in his sleeveless hoodie and basketball shorts, and his "Oops! Look with I did!" smile. Hope he recovers soon!

    I still loved watching the show this week, though, as always. It's like reading a great comic book.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  3. #1503
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,583

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Im so over all the extra storylines in this show, please get rid of this andy crap, the hot shot folks (so much better in the books-and by better I mean actually interesting), Arlene and the crap with sam and his family. Im sad to say it but Game of Thrones is quickly becoming my favorite HBO series (and I didnt think True Blood could ever be replaced!).

    Anyhow, anyone catch that sookie was actually reading one of charlaine's books in the episode tonight..how very sneaky ...I think it was one of the books from the Harper series (looked like Grave Secret).
    Yeap, saw that. Thought it was a nice touch.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  4. #1504
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,156

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    The only storyline I'm enjoying is Eric. I laughed out loud when he came down the ladder wearing Jason's clothes. LOVED the little smile he gave Sookie at the end, although I'm not happy about Claudine. This likely means no Niall or Claude now. How smarmy is King Bill? ICK. As I remember (although it's been a while...), he did date Portia for a time in the books , although I don't remember that they ever slept together.

    I'll say this now: if the Eric - Sookie situation doesn't go the way it does in the book, I'm probably done with the show. It's really the only reason I've held on this long. I get them creating more conflict and making him less puppy-ish, but if AB changes the whole story. I'll be pissed.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  5. #1505
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,583

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Jason being gang raped by the Hot Shot hillbilly girls? Disgusting. And the Hot Shot denizens rip raw squirrels apart with their teeth? Even more gratuitous grossness.

    Snooki. How stupid is she? When is she going to notice that Jason's gone? And why is she spreading the news that Eric is staying with her when no one is supposed to know? If she needed help with Eric, why would she not have tried to solicit Jason's?

    In the first episode Marnie just seemed kind of eccentric. Now it would it appear that she is quite malevolent. Lookout, Jesus/Lafayette/Tara. And if Eric couldn't protect himself from her, what makes Pam think she can?

    I'd like to see everyone in Hot Shot go the way of Claudine (who must have found a new portal, since the old one's destroyed). And take Andy on V, Hoyt, Tommy, Hoyt's mom, and devil baby with them.

    Speaking of devil baby, why would Jessica give him that filthy doll - and lie about it having been in her family?

    Bill and Jessica: There was something a little chilling with him warning her not to get caught on film. Foreshadowing, maybe?

    Oh, and I really don't like the adolescent Eric in his sleeveless hoodie and basketball shorts, and his "Oops! Look with I did!" smile. Hope he recovers soon!

    I still loved watching the show this week, though, as always. It's like reading a great comic book.
    Ha Ha Ha...Snooki indeed...sure is acting as clueless.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  6. #1506
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The only storyline I'm enjoying is Eric. I laughed out loud when he came down the ladder wearing Jason's clothes. LOVED the little smile he gave Sookie at the end, although I'm not happy about Claudine. This likely means no Niall or Claude now. How smarmy is King Bill? ICK. As I remember (although it's been a while...), he did date Portia for a time in the books , although I don't remember that they ever slept together.

    I'll say this now: if the Eric - Sookie situation doesn't go the way it does in the book, I'm probably done with the show. It's really the only reason I've held on this long. I get them creating more conflict and making him less puppy-ish, but if AB changes the whole story. I'll be pissed.
    I concur with you on this whole Eric/Sookie thing. Because even not seeing any of this season yet I'm not into all these extra story lines. I was instantly turned off when I saw the end of last season with the devil baby thing. I just shook my head and thought for real why does every single character on this show need to have some giant fleshed out hyper-dramatic story line.

  7. #1507
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,059

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    The Snooki thing cracked me up. Eric is so cute vulnerable. I like him as a bad ass too but I like this softer side of him. Honestly I'm not a fan of the cop doing V, the way the Jason storyline is playing out or the Marni thing. I just hope since we get to deal with Marni that we get the goodwitch that befriends Sookie in the books. I'm really ahting the Tommy story although Hoyt's momma is a hoot with her QVC.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  8. #1508
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,711

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    I love coming here to read what you guys have to say because so often I agree. I am not thrilled with all the plots they're throwing at us this year. I am sick of the witch-thing already. The same with the Jason storyline, the Jessica/Tommy situations, and the Hoyt situations. Things seem to be playing out quite differently this year and I'm not so sure that's a good thing.

  9. #1509
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,583

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I concur with you on this whole Eric/Sookie thing. Because even not seeing any of this season yet I'm not into all these extra story lines. I was instantly turned off when I saw the end of last season with the devil baby thing. I just shook my head and thought for real why does every single character on this show need to have some giant fleshed out hyper-dramatic story line.
    Seriously, not everyone's life is always in such total dramaville. I would like it better if there was more balance with the story arcs, small cute ones balancing the major drama. and dips and swells in the major stories. If I want full on constant action I can go watch Transformers.
    2boysmom and JavaJo like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #1510
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: True Blood (HBO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Seriously, not everyone's life is always in such total dramaville. I would like it better if there was more balance with the story arcs, small cute ones balancing the major drama. and dips and swells in the major stories. If I want full on constant action I can go watch Transformers.
    From the 3 seasons I've watched thus far my biggest complaint is that every character has a huge dramatic life/story line. And it's always very very involved and these story lines are sometimes very independent of each other and don't interweave well with what are supposed to be the main characters (Sookie, Eric and Bill). I'm honestly glad I don't watch this on TV because I'd be bored to tears trying to follow it. At least on DVD I can hit a character's story line I don't care much about and just fast forward through those scenes. Sad part is that i don't miss much from the overall story line of the show which indicates to me they're just trying to pack entirely too much in. It's like the ER of the vampire genre but with more chaos.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.