+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 216 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Premium Member

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Ok a few things that were weird about this episode and the previews for next week

Amy kills the vamp, ewww how gross and her sucking up to Jason saying she was a good girl, girl is nuts.
    Terry Bellefleur was acting kinda weird there, does he know about Sam or is he the killer here, things that make you go hmmm.
    I really hated that Bill had to turn Jessica into a vamp, is that why Sookie is mad in the next episode and is making out with Sam, please.
    Arlene is annoying, her party sucked and Sookie didn't look like she was having fun and Arlene was pissed off.
    That magister guy gave me the creeps, and that first vamp that got punished omg ewww. Had to close my eyes gross.

Can't wait to see next week's episode, should be good.

I had to close my eyes and cover my ears with the first Vampire on trial! I told husband to nudge me when it was over.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3232965;
    Ok a few things that were weird about this episode and the previews for next week

Amy kills the vamp, ewww how gross and her sucking up to Jason saying she was a good girl, girl is nuts.
    Terry Bellefleur was acting kinda weird there, does he know about Sam or is he the killer here, things that make you go hmmm.
    I really hated that Bill had to turn Jessica into a vamp, is that why Sookie is mad in the next episode and is making out with Sam, please.
    Arlene is annoying, her party sucked and Sookie didn't look like she was having fun and Arlene was pissed off.
    That magister guy gave me the creeps, and that first vamp that got punished omg ewww. Had to close my eyes gross.

Can't wait to see next week's episode, should be good.
    A little background on Terry which is provided by the books in greater detail but glossed over in the earlier episodes (I think it was discussed when Bill spoke in the church about families from the Civil War):
    Terry is a vet suffering from PTSD and was so messed up after his experiences in the war that no one will hire him - except Sam (who is compassionate and knows what it is like to be an outsider). Terry doesn't do much except tend bar and if he does not have to be around the public every day he can manage that. The series however, uses him a little more then in the books - mostly he is a character who is harmless, but you tiptoe around so as to not set him off ranting.

I have to hand it to Alan Ball, he has a great actress portraying Arlene - those character flaws were not apparent to me until much farther on in the books. She started off as a good friend to Sookie, and only later do her true colors come out. Alan gives us the worth of the character (as she develops through the entire series) - right up front. This is true for most of the characters I think.

I couldn't watch that vamp having his teeth pulled out or Bill turning Jessica - one advantage to reading the books I guess.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Is Jessica the daughter of the evangelist that is always on the tv being interviewed about his intolerance of the vampires? If not, who is she?

Premium Member

Any scoops about tonight's show? Thanks

In Charlaine Harris's world of vampires many are bisexual (Bill mentioned this in an earlier episode) but some have a preference for one sex over the other; Pam prefers females - which is why she was taking liberties with Jessica as Bill was digging.

Anyone recognize Drew Marshall without his mustache and goatee?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Rene

In an early episode Bill explained to Sookie that they cannot enter a home unless they are invited, when the invitation is rescinded as Sookie did tonight - the vampire is forcibly compelled to leave instantly and usually the steps are reversed rapidly. I think they showed his backwards walk slower so that we could get it, and hear the conversation between Sookie and Bill.

The "naked woman with a Boar" which Tara (and viewers saw in last episode) is actually not mentioned in the first book but then neither is Tara; I wonder if Alan is planning to compact story lines. I do not remember the wealthy social worker character (Maryann Forrester) at all - the name was either forgotten by me or she is part of Alan's expanded characterization to make the story exciting for those who are already familiar with the books. I am intrigued!
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 11-17-2008 at 01:40 AM.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was wondering if the social worker was the naked woman standing beside the road. There was a resemblance. Gotta go watch the episode again; I have some more questions/observations. Must admit that I didn't notice the female vampire "taking liberties" with Jessica while Bill was digging; it was also after midnight when I was watching the show.

THIS is the BEST thread on this board right now!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I loved the little hint we were given as to who is doing the killings last night. In the previews for next week the social worker appears to be trying to keep Tara there even though she wants to leave. Is she a vamp?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3235726;
    I loved the little hint we were given as to who is doing the killings last night. In the previews for next week the social worker appears to be trying to keep Tara there even though she wants to leave. Is she a vamp?
    I doubt that she is a vamp, because Bill was supposed to have been the first to locate to Bon Temp and Kenya (female police officer) knew her by name suggesting that she was well acquainted with her and was cordial to her. (Although the vamp that Amy just killed seems to have been quietly living in or near Bon Temp - so who knows?)
    It is kinda late to be introducing new characters unless they are part of next seasons show. I am suspecting that she is relevant to next season because there is not enough time to kill her off this season or introduce a good subplot. If the characters do not show up repeatedly in the books I have forgotten their names, it was too many for me to keep track of so my brain seems to have cataloged just the ones with continuity.

I can't imagine why Tara did not call Sam!!!! Still, Kenya from the police station did not seem concerned about Maryann showing up to bail out Tara.

From the previews it looks like Sookie is the next target for the murderer.

prhoshay: Maryann was not the naked lady with the boar - she is another
    Click to see Spoiler:
    supernatural character that will figure in next season
    Christopher Reeve

I think I'd better get to reading my books! I have this issue with being confused and if I read them, I won't be nearly as confused as I am.

Click to see Spoiler:
    And yes, I did see the picture of Rene without the mustache/beard and recognized the eyes right away.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread