+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I seriously thought he was naked, too. I wonder why we all thought that?
    Wishful thinking!
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well... after watching the 1st episode and being mostly dissatisfied (some good spots, but WAY too much going on - felt like a highlights reel at some points!!), I broke down and watched Epi #2 and WOW! Back on track!

Won't spoil anything for sure, but for those of you who can't (or choose not to) see #2 yet? You will be VERY happy - especially with the ending!

oh btw... If Sookie won't take Eric, I sure as hell will!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Rewatching episode 1 is much better because my expectations are not high and I can fast forward through the parts I don't like, that being the witches and Hotshot. What I found kinda interesting is the way that the camera switches back and forth between Eric and Bill when Eric is filming the commercial and Bill is making the speech at the retirement center. That is very interesting. That sequence is worth watching several times and listen to the verbal when Eric says not to trust politicians. It is setting up the tension between the two for the rest for the rest of the season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I watched Episode 2 Monday on HBOGo and I loved it. I'm looking forward to its broadcast tomorrow night. I also re watched the premiere epi and enjoyed it because there were nuances I missed at the first airing, perhaps because of the fast pace. The hour flew by for me. Now, I can't wait for the 3rd one!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

OK, episode 2 was much better than the season premiere.

Nan telling Bill to get cleaned up because he's covered in queen =

I thought that Luna's talk about shifting into her mother might have foreshadowed something with Sam and Tommy. Someone can only become a skin walker if they kill another shifter in their family.....makes you wonder if Tommy overheard that.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Something from ep 1 bugs me. Without out a body most people have to be missing for 7 yrs before they can be declared legally dead. So how could Jason legally sell Sookie's house. Yeah, I know the producers did it for the story line but still that is a sticking point.

Did Sookie own the house or did it go to her and Jason in the will of her grandmother? Did it ever change names to Sookie's name as well? It could have still be in the grandmother's name.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

If they inherited it equally and she disappeared for over a year without a trace, he could sell it with a Court order on the grounds that he could not afford to maintain the property and pay the taxes on it without her contribution. Her portion of the proceeds would then be placed in escrow until she either returned or was proclaimed to be deceased. It's not as if renting the house out in a town like Bon Temps would a practical solution.

It is clear that he did everything feasible to try to find her.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Did Sookie own the house or did it go to her and Jason in the will of her grandmother? Did it ever change names to Sookie's name as well? It could have still be in the grandmother's name.
    Jason inherited or his grandmother gave him their parents house. Sookie inherited her grandmother's house. In fact Sookie and Jason had a big fight over Sookie inheriting their grandmother's house as Jason felt that their grandmother's possessions should have been divided equally between them. Sookie had to remind him that he already had their parents house and possessions. There was a scene where Jason took some silver candlesticks out of house. Their grandmother knew that Jason could be a it of a wastrel and greedy and she wanted Sookie to have her fair share.

Regardless, if the house had originally been in the grandmother's name. It became Sookie's after the grandmother died. Depending what the state laws are, if Sookie died without a will her remaining possessions would have somehow been divided among her remaining family. Again this depends what the laws are in the state you are living. My main point is that normally people are not declared dead when they have only been missing for a year. That is not enough time. Insurance companies normally wait 7 years before declaring someone dead if there is no body.

+ Reply to Thread