+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh yes, MUCH better.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I just finished up season 3 on demand last night. I am so happy to be caught up with the rest of you!!
    I can't wait for the new season to start!!!!!!

I'm kind of glad that I was warned here that season 3 was the worst. That way I went in with low expectations and didn't think it was all that bad. I really could have done without Sam's family and the whole Hot Shot storyline. It would also be nice for something positive to happen to Tara (although I was kinda excited to see the Ice Truck Killer from Dexter show up)! I am also definitely over exploding vampires.

ETA: I watched some preview of the next season on demand and they had the actor who plays Jason speaking in his normal voice. I was so surprised I must have been slack-jawed for a moment. I had no idea he was Australian!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 06-01-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Okay, sorry to keep posting video links, but this link just came from an HBO email: HBO: True Blood: Homepage
    I don't think this one has been posted yet, although I think it's aired on HBO.

I'm thrilled to see Fiona Shaw on the show! I love her! It looks like the season might not begin exactly where the book does, but we've already seen that scene in a preview, so we know it happens ().

After the disappointment of last season, I still have high hopes. Plus, book 3 was really one of my least favorite, so I wasn't surprised that the season wasn't great. I remember thinking that it would have been great if they'd just condensed book 3 into a few episodes and moved right to book 4!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Book 3 and the book before the one that just came out have been my least favorite so far. I'm hoping to read good spoilers here for season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Okay, sorry to keep posting video linksl
    Sorry? Don't be sorry! I don't even bother searching for previews. I just come here because I know you'll have posted them.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

dragging my sorry butt out of lazy lurking (hmmm...new term? lol) to first thank Critical for the awesome links!

and second, I sure hope this season is better than last year's. I'm watching some of the reruns on HBO and dang! Sam's story? what a mess. Tara is a victim AGAIN. Sookie and Bill are wooden. Only Russell, Eric and Pam truly shine.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post

I'm kind of glad that I was warned here that season 3 was the worst. That way I went in with low expectations and didn't think it was all that bad. I really could have done without Sam's family and the whole Hot Shot storyline. It would also be nice for something positive to happen to Tara (although I was kinda excited to see the Ice Truck Killer from Dexter show up)! I am also definitely over exploding vampires.
    Not the same actor, although they do resemble each other a bit.

You're welcome for the links, guys Here's another one, complete with 6 minutes of footage, although some of it is also in the 3 minute video I posted a link to above......yes, it's more fairy crap, but it's something.
    TV Update: Yep, Even More True Blood Footage - E! Online

If season 4 isn't better than 3, I'm going to be really disappointed, especially since book 4 was my favorite. IMHO, the story lines that are sub-par on this show are the ones that take nothing from the books. Look at the crappy stuff with Sam's family, Tara (there's a reason she's an extremely minor character in the books - she's boring as hell!) and even (and it pains me to say this) everything they've done with Lafayette lately....with the exception of the stuff with Eric, but then again, Eric makes every scene better! They ruined the Hotshot storyline and the character of Calvin to the point that he was unrecognizable.

Alan Ball likes to talk about how they go back to the books when they need to decide what to do with a character, but I call b.s. on that. There was nothing wrong with Sam's storyline in the book and the fairy stuff is WAY overblown on the show. As much as I love Lafayette, it's clear they have no clue what to do with him. The ONLY non-Charlaine Harris character I like is Jessica, but they may mess that up too if she becomes too domestic with Hoyt.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The more I read this thread the happier I am that I have not read these books. I loved Season 3!

Seriously, I think you should start a book thread for all the Sookie book discussion.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 06-07-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    The more I read this thread the happier I am that I have not read these books. I loved Season 3!

Seriously, I think you should start a book thread for all the Sookie book discussion.
    Sookie Stackhouse books
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread