+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 209 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3227558;
    Who hates the Amy and Jason storyline, she is just a plain psycho, and them doing it in front of the vamp. Ewww. . But I have to say I laughed out loud when Sookie woke up with a Naked Sam on her bed. .

I cannot stand the Amy Jason story line. I do not get it. I do not like how Jason is portrayed. I also cannot stand the Tara story line.

It is with heavy heart that I must turn off my HBO service with 2 episodes remaining.

Is it possible that anyone out there has a VCR still, and could help a sister out? PM me please? *bats eyelashes*
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Yay I found someone. Thanks anyway
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3227598;
    Me too! I thought it is about time she found out about the collie. Also, I think that Sam has a collie for a pet on purpose [spoiler] I remember reading that he changes into the last animal he saw. He is a true were and not a particular type; a werewolf will only change into that animal, a werepanther only into a panther. Being a true were, Sam can change into any animal, but it will be whatever he last saw (I think if my memory is correct). I guess he could keep an animal book handy and just open it to whatever page he wants... but I think that is why he also keeps a dog around. So, that when people see him, they just think he is Sam's dog.[/spoiler]

OK, I always seem to be about a half step behind on this show, but I watched the latest episode twice last night....as I've said, the first time for entertainment, the second time for study. This may be different from the book, but Sam said he was a 'shape-shifter' and specified that he was not a werewolf; he was very negative about 'weres', in fact. I didn't get the impression that he saw shape-shifters the same as werewolves, but they do both "shift".

Only 2 more episodes!!! Not Right! Not Right! Not Right!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3231854;
    OK, I always seem to be about a half step behind on this show, but I watched the latest episode twice last night....as I've said, the first time for entertainment, the second time for study. This may be different from the book, but Sam said he was a 'shape-shifter' and specified that he was not a werewolf; he was very negative about 'weres', in fact. I didn't get the impression that he saw shape-shifters the same as werewolves, but they do both "shift".

According to the books...

shifters can shift at any time but must also turn at the full moon and they also can turn into differenct animals, not just one.

weres can only turn into the animal they were born to be, or were bitten by.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by theatregirl25;3230213;
    I cannot stand the Amy Jason story line. I do not get it. I do not like how Jason is portrayed. I also cannot stand the Tara story line.

Considering what happens to Jason in the books further down the line, I cannot imagine where the storyline with Amy is going.

Also the character of Tara is completely different in the books.

I realize the show is only based on the books, but come on a little continuity would be nice.
    Last edited by kerowyn66; 11-10-2008 at 02:06 PM. Reason: spelling
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3231854;

You are correct, he identified himself as a shapeshifter on TV, in the books Charlaine has referred to his "gift" both ways as a shapeshifter and a "were" (which is not a werewolf). In the earlier books I think he was described as a shapeshifter, but later Sam refers to himself as a true "were" meaning he can shift into any animal/bird, etc. I don't remember if they said it last night, but in the book he says it is usually the last thing he remembers/sees which then serves as his "blueprint" for the shift.

He does have a negative feeling toward werewolves, etc which is ironic
    Click to see Spoiler:
    because he dates/is involved with a female werewolf in a later book
    ; the other were/animal types are not as gentle as Sam's nature is. We see him get angry on TV (quite a bit) but he is a more laid back, gentle character in the books, and you can tell that he never means to frighten anyone - which is why he picks his collie (most of the time). The other were-types have a more ferocious, animal nature about them - at least that was always my impression from the books. Sam is the only character/friend I have ever "trusted" - he is good-hearted, loyal, and very caring. IMO

I had forgotten that Bill had to turn that innocent as his punishment for taking the life of the vamp bartender; I vaguely remember his inquisition. I felt sorry for him watching him be forced into it - living all those years and never having taken another human life shows (to me) his compassionate side.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;3231883;
    According to the books...

shifters can shift at any time but must also turn at the full moon and they also can turn into different animals, not just one.

weres can only turn into the animal they were born to be, or were bitten by.
    Per my niece, Charlaine Harris refers to Sam as a shapeshifter and not a "were" as I previously thought. The terminology shapeshifter = "true were" is used in another very popular vampire series by a different author. I apologize for confusing the situation. Thanks prhoshay for helping me!

Thank you kerowyn66 for clarifying the difference between shifters and weres in the True Blood series.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Could someone help me out? I don't get HBO and I'd love to see this show. Is it in the first season right now? Can I buy the series in DVD somewhere? I don't know anyone who has HBO or watches the show so I can't have someone tape it for me. Thanks!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

All I can tell you is that this IS the first season.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread