+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Since I watch them only on DVD I tend to fast forward through many of the side stories because they just don't interest me. Some of the minor characters in the book should probably have stayed minor characters in the show. There's just too many characters as time goes on to make them all have involved story lines.

Kao

I think I'm in the minority because I love everyone in this crazy town and the crazy side stories. Am I the only one hoping that they follow the storyline of "Dead to the World" and have Season 4 be the beginning of the epicness that is Sookie and Eric? I'm sorry, but I can't STAND Sookie and Bill together. Bill is Satan wrapped in a Sunday hat, and just because he loves her doesn't mean that he loves her in the right way.

I'm hoping that Tara comes back and has a love interest that:

1. Isn't possessed by something and ends up getting killed
    2. Loves her for HER and not because they can't have Sookie
    3. Isn't an absolute psycho who rapes and kidnaps her.

Considering everything she's gone through, Tara deserves some happiness for a change. I'm glad that they made her storyline the way they did because it was more realistic (instead of making her bounce back to "sassy" Tara of Season 1). She needed to process everything she went through and she needs some time away from Bon Temps and everyone there to clear her head.

Lafayette needs to follow his instincts and pass on Jesus. SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT WITH THAT MAN.

MORE SHIRTLESS ALCIDE AND MORE PAM, PLEASE. Hopefully less of Jason, but it will be interesting to see what happens to Hottshot. I have to admit that I hated what they did to Calvin in the show considering how he was always a standup guy in the books. I also hated how they depicted Hottshot. Ugh. Hoyt and Jessica are adorable together but I have a bad feeling about that doll appearing in their apartment in the season finale. I think we haven't seen the last of that annoying Summer girl. Terry is a sweetheart and I hope Arlene doesn't do anything stupid to ruin that.

I just want the show back. I can't WAIT to see what happens next!

New preview that is right in line with the opening of book 4 (): YouTube - True Blood: Season 4 "Waiting Sucks" Eric (HBO)
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    New preview that is right in line with the opening of book 4 (): YouTube - True Blood: Season 4 "Waiting Sucks" Eric (HBO)
    Waaaaa!!!! What a tease!! Loved it!

Kao

The cast was at Paleyfest this year, and there's all sorts of tidbits on Youtube of the cast. They did their best not to spoil things, but here's the gist:
    Click to see Spoiler:

1. Bill and Sookie won't be getting back together soon. Considering how Alan Bell said "Hopefully there's another 17 seasons of TB" I don't think they will be getting back together again all season.
    2. Eric has lost his memory, is more innocent, and a lot of people in Bon Temps help him out. The interview tried to get more details, but Alexander was very closemouthed, lol.
    3. We're going to see a much calmer and in-control Tara this season, and some happiness.
    4. Hoyt and Jessica will continue to be bumpy
    5. Things are looking good for Lafayette and Jesus. Jesus will be a "good influence" on Lafayette and has protection powers of some sort?
    6. We will see flashbacks of Eric and Pam's life before Bon Temps
    7. Sookie will have lots of adventures this season. Anna couldn't go into detail about what happens, but she said that its a good storyline for Sookie this season. Interviewer tried very hard to find out things about Sookie/Eric but she wouldn't go there. ~sadness~
    8. Jason will be a deputy sheriff at the end of the season, and interesting things will happen in Hottshott.
    9. Lots of new characters and animals. Witches everywhere!
    10. It was a deliberate choice to not kill the King Of Mississippi. And when he comes back, he's going to be PISSED.
    11. The cast talks about the crazy things their fans have asked them to do.
    12. There is definitely going to be "something going on" with Arlene's baby.

My observation: Some of the cast members (notably Sam, Tara, Arlene, and Alcide) look 1000x better as themselves than on the show. The cast seem to have a tremendous love for the show, their fans, and each other and it's good to see. CAN IT BE JUNE ALREADY?
    Last edited by Critical; 03-07-2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags

Kiz

Click to see Spoiler:
    I've read that we'll be seeing Godric again. Maybe it will be in these flashbacks:

6. We will see flashbacks of Eric and Pam's life before Bon Temps

Thanks everyone for the TB updates. I can't wait for the new season to start!
    Last edited by Critical; 03-07-2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Guys, please make sure you use spoiler tags when talking about things that have been revealed about the coming season. We're a little looser about casting spoilers, but if it's a plot point or storyline and it hasn't aired yet, we consider it a spoiler
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kao

Oops, sorry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Anyone know when the next book and season 3 dvds are going to be released?
    I read that season 3 will likely be on DVD in May. However, I also ran across a listing on the HBO site that had the first episode from season 3 airing on April 3rd, followed closely by the second episode so I'm hoping they will be covering the whole season!!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    Thanks everyone for the TB updates. I can't wait for the new season to start!
    I can't wait, either. Love this show! I can't wait to see what happens next.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread