+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I have Charter, but it isn't available. Oh well, it was worth checking.
    Sometimes, they don't have a show on OnDemand in order to build anticipation ahead of the DVD release. Personally, I find this REALLY annoying! The good news is that you can watch episodes of The Sopranos
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular

Booo. They must be getting ready to release the last season on DVD right before the new season. They tend to do that so you can catch up.

Kao

After years of debating (I'm a big fan of the books) whether to watch or not I decided to dive in and start watching Season I via Netflix DVDs and I'm really glad I did. This show is a mess (but in a good way) and in this case not being a direct rip of the books is a good thing because I love Lafayette!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Given the criticism here, I'm glad I never read the Sookie Stackhouse books. I love the show!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Kiz

Poppy Fields, if you're a reader, you ought to give the books a try. I can't say for sure, but it seems like a lot of people who have trouble with the TV series vs books, read the books first and don't like how the show moved in a different direction. Personally, I'm like Kao (who was a fan of the books first, I see), and I love that the books and the series aren't carbon copies of one another. Between the two different but similar storylines, it feels like a True Blood alternate universe.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

And I, for one, will be glad of it!

True Blood': Allan Hyde makes epic Season 4 return

By Jethro Nededog

February 24, 2011 1:03 PM ET

This can be filed under "What," but stranger things have happened in Bon Temps. Someone who we came to love on HBO's "True Blood," but left us in a fiery goodbye is returning.

TVLine reports that Allan Hyde, who played Godric, will return for Season 4.

Godric was Eric's (Alexander Skarsgard) maker, who felt his physical journey on earth was over and walked into the sun for a dramatic death. He reappeared in a vision to Eric in the Season 3 finale.

Creator and executive producer, Alan Ball, didn't tell the site what form we'd see the former vampire sheriff in when he returns, but did say that we'll see "a different side of Godric."

Is there life after the undead? If anyone knows, it would be the very Zen Godric.
    'True Blood': Allan Hyde makes epic Season 4 return - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Ok now I'm tempted to suffer through season 3 on DVD because those spoilers totally have me interested in the show now.

Anyone know when the next book and season 3 dvds are going to be released?

Thanks for the link! I think I'll definitely need to rewatch last season to remember all the story lines. Unfortunately, the article reminded me just how much I disliked some of the stories from season 3... and am not excited if those same stories continue far into season 4. I tend to enjoy all of the main stories, it's the side-stories that bug,,, wimpy Tara, Arlene, Tommy, the male nurse/witch who is Lafayettes boytoy, the fairy wonderland... they could just go away. Give me more Eric, Alcide, Sookie, Jason, Sam, Bill and Pam!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Squee! It sounds like they'll be following the fourth book fairly closely (as far as Eric is concerned, anyway). Which is great, because it was my favorite book of the series.

I could also do without the Tommy and Arlene sidestories...they're not as compelling as the main characters.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread