+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Critical, thanks for the update! I clicked on a link at the bottom of one of those and saw this. It sounds like she could be a fun character.

'Harry Potter' Actress Cast on 'True Blood' Season 4
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;4122788;
    Critical, thanks for the update! I clicked on a link at the bottom of one of those and saw this. It sounds like she could be a fun character.

'Harry Potter' Actress Cast on 'True Blood' Season 4
    Thanks to all for the updates and links! Is it too early to start a countdown for the new season??!!

Several weeks ago I had never watched an episode of this show. I finally got the first DVD from Netflix and was intrigued. After the second DVD I was hooked. I promptly plowed through the rest of season 1 and moved right along to season 2. Earlier this week I was nearing the end of season 2 so I went to Netflix to update my queue and discovered, to my horror, that season 3 isn't available on DVD yet! I thought this show had been on the air for much longer!!

My hope now is that I can catch up with season 3 before season 4 begins to air this summer. So my question for all of you is, does HBO tend to air a marathon of the previous season sometime before the new season begins? I saw somewhere that they aired season 3 again back in December, but sadly I hadn't even started watching at that time. I haven't read through this thread, so I apologize if this is redundant. I haven't read the books, so I don't want to spoil the storyline for myself by reading too much here!

I seem to remember that they did to a marathon of the previous season before the new season began. They might just air the show on consecutive Sunday nights leading up the premiere, but I think they have done a marathon over several nights. I can't remember when they released each season DVD, but I think it will come before the season 4 premiere. Be warned - for many, season 2 was the high point of the series. I don't think I'm the only one who's wary about how they'll handle season 4, especially since that's a major turning point in the books.

Add season 3 to your Netflix queue, just in case! Season 4 premieres in June, so my guess is that season 3 will be released JUST before that.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I ended up watching season 2 because it was deeply on sale and I was hard up for something/anything to watch. I'm a fan of the books as I've stated before. I didn't find season 2 to be that bad or as bad as I imagined it may turn out to be.

I'm not sure I'll invest in season 3 with how the series is going and after reading the boards here. And I'll wait and hope for spoilers on here before losing all interest in the show. From what I've read about season 3 elsewhere I think I would be really disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    ... Be warned - for many, season 2 was the high point of the series. I don't think I'm the only one who's wary about how they'll handle season 4, especially since that's a major turning point in the books.

Add season 3 to your Netflix queue, just in case! Season 4 premieres in June, so my guess is that season 3 will be released JUST before that.
    Thanks for the warning, I'll try not to let my hopes get too high!
    I have already added it to my Netflix queue, I just wish there was an official release date noted on it!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Thanks for the warning, I'll try not to let my hopes get too high!
    I have already added it to my Netflix queue, I just wish there was an official release date noted on it!
    Season 3 was terrible. I had no interest in the show but my brother and his wife loved it. So I watched season 1 before season 2 started. I really liked it and couldnt wait for season 2. I loved the 2nd season too. Then season 3 came along and it kind of killed it for me. I still dont know if I will watch season 4, probably will but it will be on a short leash!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Several weeks ago I had never watched an episode of this show. I finally got the first DVD from Netflix and was intrigued. After the second DVD I was hooked. I promptly plowed through the rest of season 1 and moved right along to season 2. Earlier this week I was nearing the end of season 2 so I went to Netflix to update my queue and discovered, to my horror, that season 3 isn't available on DVD yet! I thought this show had been on the air for much longer!!

My hope now is that I can catch up with season 3 before season 4 begins to air this summer. So my question for all of you is, does HBO tend to air a marathon of the previous season sometime before the new season begins? I saw somewhere that they aired season 3 again back in December, but sadly I hadn't even started watching at that time. I haven't read through this thread, so I apologize if this is redundant. I haven't read the books, so I don't want to spoil the storyline for myself by reading too much here!

You may check HBO on Demand. They may have the last season still up.

Quote Originally Posted by srwiner View Post
    It's not available on my OnDemand. I have Comcast.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by srwiner View Post
    I have Charter, but it isn't available. Oh well, it was worth checking.

+ Reply to Thread