+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

By the time I'd starting reading the series, this was already out there but apparently Charlaine Harris had pictured Vin Diesel as Quinn. So I always pictured him as the big ol' tiger. (I like the last picture b/c it reminds me of the werewolf fight with the warehouse in the background.)

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Oh, yeah, I can see Vin Diesel as Quinn. Me Want.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I could get down with him as Quinn. Only problem is...I would be on here after every show going "There was a plot? With dialog? Sookie? Who the hell is Sookie?"
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Ick. Can't stand Vin. He's too much of a meathead. Quinn is MUCH taller and, by necessity, more feline. I pictured a thinner version of the Rock. Quinn is supposed to be darker skinned - I always pictured him as light-skinned black - so I'm sure there are good candidates out there. I'd be happy with Boris Kodjoe, although if Undercovers is a success, they probably couldn't get him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Hmmmm, you've given great ideas ladies! I could picture Van Diesel in the role with his look, but am afraid as soon as he opened his mouth I'd be thinking about The Pacifier!

Now... googled Boris Kodjoe,,, he's about what I was trying to envision, would have no problemo watching that man on my screen!

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;4077239;
    Hmmmm, you've given great ideas ladies! I could picture Van Diesel in the role with his look, but am afraid as soon as he opened his mouth I'd be thinking about The Pacifier!
    Yep I'd be thinking of him saying "Red baby!"

Now... googled Boris Kodjoe,,, he's about what I was trying to envision, would have no problemo watching that man on my screen!
    For those who don't know Boris, here's his imdb listing: Boris Kodjoe and I attached a little pic (too lazy to upload it to my Photobucket)
    He's yummy and has the smoothness of Quinn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4077403;
    Yep I'd be thinking of him saying "Red baby!"

For those who don't know Boris, here's his imdb listing: Boris Kodjoe and I attached a little pic (too lazy to upload it to my Photobucket)
    He's yummy and has the smoothness of Quinn.
    I agree, just as a book reader, he'd be perfect. I've seen a lot of the Undercovers commercials...terrific looking guy.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4077508;
    I agree, just as a book reader, he'd be perfect. I've seen a lot of the Undercovers commercials...terrific looking guy.
    Just imagine him playing the scene where Quinn licks Sookie's leg!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4077533;
    Just imagine him playing the scene where Quinn licks Sookie's leg!
    Yeah.......................... ....
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

We have a Claude!
    New,Male Shapeshifter & More Coming To True Blood Season 4 | OnTheFlix
    'True Blood' Brings In 'That '70s Show', 'Lost' and 'Good Wife' Actors
    There are two others who have been cast as well, but I don't think either are book characters. While Neil Hopkins doesn't look the way I imagined Claude did, he's definitely hot. I can see him on the cover of a romance novel, for sure!

+ Reply to Thread