+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Kerowyn? What does the text on your avatar say? The squirrel is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;4062808;
    Kerowyn? What does the text on your avatar say? The squirrel is adorable.
    Thank you, It ays MMMM.. I love my new shampoo.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4062575;
    The thing is, AB has changed the characters of Bill and Eric a bit. He keeps making Eric look more like the bad guy and Bill like the white knight when they're really both things. Bill is not a good guy. He came to town to seduce Sookie for Sophie Anne and he orchestrated that fight with the Rattrays to get her to drink his blood. For me, that's worse than anything Eric has done because he manipulated her emotionally.

Eric hasn't ever made any bones about his motives, but he has tried to protect Sookie as much as possible this season. For me, Eric's reasons for manipulating Sookie - avenging the murder of his family among them - are more noble than Bill's (on order of Sophie Anne).

While I love Alcide, I'm waiting for Quinn, although now I wonder if we'll ever see him. After Eric, he's my favorite of Sookie's men.
    I haven't bothered to make any comments so far - because you always take the words right out of my head.
    This season which started with such promise, has turned into the most disappointing (for me). I find Alan's version to be interesting in a different sort of way, but his vision/version of characters is sometimes disruptive to the feelings I have for the book characters. If I never read Ms Harris's books, I would probably not be disappointed; but when you take characters I've grown fond of in the books and restyle them - it is disappointing. In a way, my feelings for the book characters are being dismissed as being "all wrong". I love the stories Charlaine has created, so I think I will be sticking with my own character analysis and dropping the series.

While Eric is my favorite, I am fond still of "Book" Sam, and Alcide. Quinn was a favorite, but I'd let him go; then Alan's Alcide shows up, and wow - I would love to see Sookie end up with Eric or Alcide.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Ehmmm, I wonder why there were too many storylines were left open.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;4064595;
    Ehmmm, I wonder why there were too many storylines were left open.
    To lure us back next season.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;4063516;
    Thank you, It ays MMMM.. I love my new shampoo.

But back on topic, to give Bill a minor point, supposedly one cannot say No to those orders... But I agree, Bill is looking pretty sleazy...
    So apparently the TV Sam has been so destroyed there's no way he can be Sookie's ultimate guy? In the books he's clearly still in the running.... I don't watch the shows, just read about them here.

Bit of a side bar. Ryan Kwatzen, who plays Jason Stackhouse, does the voice of Kludd in the just released animated film Legend of the Guardians.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;4064663;
    To lure us back next season.
    Oh, I was willing to come back regardless. They didn't even have to ask...
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

While reading the books, I've always had a difficult time envisioning Quinn. I get the body and muscles, then I lose the face and olive skin tone... I'm curious to know what actors the rest of you would recommend to play his character and how you imagine him to look. I hope he definitely makes it to the series as I love what I've read about him so far!

I too loved Quinn in the books but I think they might have a hard time casting him.I certainly can't think of anyone off the top of my head that can live up to him in my mind.

+ Reply to Thread