+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I'm ok with Jason helping the people of Hotshot. It's not my ideal storyline for him but it's better than him wanting to be a cop. I am disappointed that there is a need for him to help them. In the books, they don't really need help. At least not in that manner. They are backwards and a bit inbred but they aren't disgusting "Wrong Turn" kind of people. Ugh.

Loved Eric ratting Bill out to Sookie. He was so casual about it...flicking cement out of his hair..lol. The fight scene between Bill and Sophie Anne was ridiculous. Since when can Bill hover and fly? I really wish they'd just went with the hotel/trial/murder of Sophie Anne plot the book had instead. I was really wanting to see that played out on film.

Russel was hilarious. Him negotiating while looking like someone left him on the grill too long...lol. Damn that man can act!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4061072;
    Loved Eric ratting Bill out to Sookie. He was so casual about it...flicking cement out of his hair..lol. The fight scene between Bill and Sophie Anne was ridiculous. Since when can Bill hover and fly? I really wish they'd just went with the hotel/trial/murder of Sophie Anne plot the book had instead. I was really wanting to see that played out on film.
    Me too. The conference/fire/Sookie's reunion with Barry was one of my favorite books. I really wanted to see Eric in those ceremonial robes! Plus, the knife he uses in that ceremony is the one that becomes REALLY important later on. They've totally left creepy Andre out of the show and I thought he was a great villain in the books.

The "fight" with Bill and Sophia Anne was just B-A-D. It was so obvious that they were on wires that they shouldn't have bothered removing them digitally.

It's pretty obvious - even to a lot of people who haven't read the books - that the weaker storylines are the ones that have very little basis in the books. The big exception would be Jessica, although if they have her playing Happy Homemaker with Hoyt, I'll be annoyed. I like them together, but I don't want Jess to lose her edge.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was concerned about watching the finale after reading so many negative posts about the stories involved. I'll give it a solid "B"... too many useless storylines and fake fights but wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I felt this season was basically a transition season preparing us for next season. The past seasons revolved around a particular event or only a couple of main stories that were pretty much resolved by season ends. This season revolved around too many unrelated events, most unresolved with the finale. Hope they clean it up next year.

Way too much deviation regarding Hot Shot and its people from the books. Even if I wasn't comparing the books to the show, I wouldn't like the Hot Shot AB has introduced us to. Was good for some great one-liners though!

Will have to suffice just rewatching seasons 1 and 2 for the next 9 months!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Isn't Hot Shot a bug spray? Can't seem to get that out of my mind.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4061104;
    Me too. The conference/fire/Sookie's reunion with Barry was one of my favorite books. I really wanted to see Eric in those ceremonial robes! Plus, the knife he uses in that ceremony is the one that becomes REALLY important later on. They've totally left creepy Andre out of the show and I thought he was a great villain in the books.

The "fight" with Bill and Sophia Anne was just B-A-D. It was so obvious that they were on wires that they shouldn't have bothered removing them digitally.

It's pretty obvious - even to a lot of people who haven't read the books - that the weaker storylines are the ones that have very little basis in the books. The big exception would be Jessica, although if they have her playing Happy Homemaker with Hoyt, I'll be annoyed. I like them together, but I don't want Jess to lose her edge.
    IA -- I was really looking forward to the conference -- that was a time for Sookie to really shine and, naturally, I wanted to see her save Eric & Pam.

Re: the second bolded -- I had to laugh -- Jessica, Hoyt's Happy Homemaker...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

ďI donít want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my painÖ It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.Ē - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4061362;
    Isn't Hot Shot a bug spray? Can't seem to get that out of my mind.
    Yup. I have the fogger for spiders. Use it in my basement...lol. The name always through me. Maybe Ms Harris fumigated for insects while writing the first book Hotshot appears in..
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Who is John Galt?

Not having read the books, I can't relate to some of the previous discussion. However, I too found this season to be a little too messy with too many story lines that seem unrelated. I hated the changes in the Sam character. Making him a psychopath/sociopath really put me off. I love Sookie with Bill, but see how she could have been so angry with him and felt so betrayed that she no longer wanted him in her life. Eric is an interesting character, but I find it hard to feel much sympathy with him, nor do I want him with Sookie (he's not a good guy). Actually, my favorite character this season was Alcide (I am really a sucker for a handsome man and he is that).

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;4062431;
    Not having read the books, I can't relate to some of the previous discussion. However, I too found this season to be a little too messy with too many story lines that seem unrelated. I hated the changes in the Sam character. Making him a psychopath/sociopath really put me off. I love Sookie with Bill, but see how she could have been so angry with him and felt so betrayed that she no longer wanted him in her life. Eric is an interesting character, but I find it hard to feel much sympathy with him, nor do I want him with Sookie (he's not a good guy). Actually, my favorite character this season was Alcide (I am really a sucker for a handsome man and he is that).
    The thing is, AB has changed the characters of Bill and Eric a bit. He keeps making Eric look more like the bad guy and Bill like the white knight when they're really both things. Bill is not a good guy. He came to town to seduce Sookie for Sophie Anne and he orchestrated that fight with the Rattrays to get her to drink his blood. For me, that's worse than anything Eric has done because he manipulated her emotionally.

Eric hasn't ever made any bones about his motives, but he has tried to protect Sookie as much as possible this season. For me, Eric's reasons for manipulating Sookie - avenging the murder of his family among them - are more noble than Bill's (on order of Sophie Anne).

While I love Alcide, I'm waiting for Quinn, although now I wonder if we'll ever see him. After Eric, he's my favorite of Sookie's men.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He sure doesn't look anything like my Uncle Alcide!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Was talking to my neighbor last night, she was telling my husband how she used Hot Shot to get rid of the bugs in her basement.
    He didn't understand why I started laughing and had to go into the house.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

+ Reply to Thread