+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4059758;
    I know I keep ranting, but I'm just so disappointed. This show used to be THE show of the week for me. Now, I'm actually happy this season is over because that means Dexter starts soon!
    Does Dexter start next week? After the finale, I had the same thought. Bring Back Sunday Night, Dexter.

Was anyone else intrigued by Terry weeping inconsolably on the steps? I was wondering "uh-oh! What's in the house???"
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Last night's show was a ride and half! There was something crazy going on every minute!! Loved seeing Goderich again, the intervention was funny, and who did the makeup on Russell, really knew how to make a crispy critter!
    I hope Tara gets away for awhile because she attracts so many weirdos--almost as many as Sookie--but she h as no supernatural powers of her own. That scene with her mother was surreal. Plus I dont get why Tara didnt say goodbye to Sookie.
    I couldnt beleive it when Bill turned on ERic and buried him in cement. Plus ERics idea to keep Russell alive but encased in cement was bound to lead to more trouble later. I am sure I heard Pam say she killed Russ after saving Eric.
    I didnt like Jason's s/l with the were panthers! I hate seeing them ruin Sam's character, and the fight that started between Sophie and Bill looked ridiculous.

Actually I liked last night's episode as well as last weeks. Most of the episodes of season 3 have felt disjointed to me and the last 2 episodes feel as if the show is back on track. Still I would like to know how Eric escaped the cement while Russell remained buried. I also wish that this show was more like the summer shows which are now having midseason finales and return in January to finish their seasons. Too bad True Blood is not on a 22 episode schedule that would make this possible because I really do not want to wait until June 2011 to find out what happens.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Pam said she killed Reuben - who I guess was Eric's assassin? Don't remember this character.

Was Eric wrapped in silver like Russell was? If not, that would explain how he got out so fast.

I think the only time they showed Arlene was in the restaurant and Terry questioned her about working so soon.

Did I miss something and Sookie has quit Merlottes? she hasn't been shown working there in quite awhile.

If this had been a regular episode, I would agree that it was pretty good, but as a seaon finale - not so much. No sense of escalating drama, excitement, dread, anything. Just a series of vignettes trying to tie some stuff up and leaving cliffhangers for the rest. And I'm sorry, when you start having more than one or two "cliffhangers", the concept tends to lose its punch. How many were we left with - 4, 5?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;4059936;
    Pam said she killed Reuben - who I guess was Eric's assassin? Don't remember this character.

Was Eric wrapped in silver like Russell was? If not, that would explain how he got out so fast.

I think the only time they showed Arlene was in the restaurant and Terry questioned her about working so soon.

Did I miss something and Sookie has quit Merlottes? she hasn't been shown working there in quite awhile.

If this had been a regular episode, I would agree that it was pretty good, but as a seaon finale - not so much. No sense of escalating drama, excitement, dread, anything. Just a series of vignettes trying to tie some stuff up and leaving cliffhangers for the rest. And I'm sorry, when you start having more than one or two "cliffhangers", the concept tends to lose its punch. How many were we left with - 4, 5?

Initially Sookie going to Mississippi, finding and rescuing Bill and being attacked by werewolves at her home happened (in the books) in a very short period of time, a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;4059936;

Exactly, as a season finale, it didn't deliver. It seemed no different than a mid-season type episode to me.

I do admit I liked Episode 11 though. Unlike probably most of you guys, I prefer the slower, simpler episodes to the episodes with 12 different storylines happening at once, which has kind of been what's been happening most of this season

And I have to ask this again--was Calvin a big character in the books, and did he die in the books as well? If not, then it's truly a shame AB killed him off without much relevancy to the show.

Pam saved Eric - she made that comment about getting the cement out of her hair - presumably he "called" her.

I was very disappointed. If it hadn't been for that great scene with Sookie dumping Talbot down the sink, and Eric shambling up Sookie's porch covered in cement, the highlight would have been Tara's haircut.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4059960;
    And I have to ask this again--was Calvin a big character in the books, and did he die in the books as well? If not, then it's truly a shame AB killed him off without much relevancy to the show.
    Calvin - along with many of the characters on the show - was not a major character in the books, but he did show up in several books and, at this point, he's still alive.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4059968;
    Pam saved Eric - she made that comment about getting the cement out of her hair - presumably he "called" her.

I was very disappointed. If it hadn't been for that great scene with Sookie dumping Talbot down the sink, and Eric shambling up Sookie's porch covered in cement, the highlight would have been Tara's haircut.
    I thought she said she was washing Reuben out of her hair?

I actually liked Calvin in the books - he had a certain dignity. That, of course, was thrown out for the show - ah well.

that's right, I forgot about Pam rescuing Eric - they better not EVER do anything to Pam - she is the heart and ummm...well... fangs of this show!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread