+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 216 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I thought that the only thing that was asked about him sleeping underground was that Sookie asked how it felt to sleep underground, and he said, "Not that comfortable." I even noticed that on my second time watching that episode last night, however it would not be unusual for me to have missed something. I usually watch the first time for pure enjoyment, and the second time is when I think I'm really paying close attention...almost studying it.

And, what difference would it make if his clothes got muddy? His body was all nasty dirty when he crawled out of the ground; and he obviously goes to the dry cleaner since he was shown carrying what appeared to be dry cleaning into the house and hanging it at the bottom of the bannister when he came home and found the blonde guy vampire in his bathtub.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In the book Dead Until Dark that scene where Sookie is running through the graveyard calling out his name and the white hand comes out of the ground and Bill surfaces........ Sookie says: "You don't have clothes on" to which Bill responded "They'd just get dirty, he said sensibly. When I'm going to sleep in the soil, I take them off".

So, I was remembering the book. Had to run to the library to look it up since I gave away my copies of all the books.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Boy! You are REALLY off into this, aren't you??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think most of us are really getting into this. Last night I teared up watching Sookie with Bill in the parking lot while he was saying goodbye. He knew he wouldn't see her for a while.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Premium Member

Who hates the Amy and Jason storyline, she is just a plain psycho, and them doing it in front of the vamp. Ewww. . But I have to say I laughed out loud when Sookie woke up with a Naked Sam on her bed. .

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3227558;
    Who hates the Amy and Jason storyline, she is just a plain psycho, and them doing it in front of the vamp. Ewww. . But I have to say I laughed out loud when Sookie woke up with a Naked Sam on her bed. .
    Me too! I thought it is about time she found out about the collie. Also, I think that Sam has a collie for a pet on purpose
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I remember reading that he changes into the last animal he saw. He is a true were and not a particular type; a werewolf will only change into that animal, a werepanther only into a panther. Being a true were, Sam can change into any animal, but it will be whatever he last saw (I think if my memory is correct). I guess he could keep an animal book handy and just open it to whatever page he wants... but I think that is why he also keeps a dog around. So, that when people see him, they just think he is Sam's dog.

prhoshay Yes! I love the show!!!!! I enjoyed reading the books and whipped through them really fast because I was so "in" to them at the time. Then I forgot about them, and with the show TB - I am all psyched up about the series again!

I actually think that Alan Ball is amazing and the new material he has introduced blends in so seamlessly that I thought I had forgotten some storylines; but actually he deliberately added the filler. The books are all told from Sookie's perspective and if done that way in the show Anna would have had to work 18 hr days. So they decided to show other story lines and broaden the role of other actors. They changed Tara from Caucasian to African-American and made her related to Lafayette and gave more depth to her character. It all makes the show very exciting because I am seeing different angles instead of viewing everything from Sookie's perspective.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Premium Member

I have been reading the books too, this show got me into them, and thanks Mike'sgirl for the names of them. They have changed quite a bit from the books to the show, but I think it works because the books are all from Sookie's perspective, its nice to see more of the other characters and have them fleshed out more. But it didn't take anything away from the books at all IMO.

Correction on me I found the actual quote and my estimation of Anna's hours was way off. Here is what Alan said in a Q&A:

What are some of the differences between your version and Charlaine’s?
    Alan Ball: It is very important to me to be true to the spirit of Charlaine’s world. Now, the books are basically Sookie’s story, Sookie basically narrates everything. All the other characters exist only when they’re in the same room with her. I felt like that would be a production impossibility because then Anna [Paquin] would be working 12 hours a day, five days a week. All the other characters were really interesting, and I wanted to just flesh that out a little.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3227558;
    Personally I don't see her as a "psycho", I think she's just a plain drug addict doing whatever she can to get her fix.

Although saying that I did have a random thought that she might be the serial killer, based purely on the fact on how desperate she is to get close to Sookie. I don't know, just an idea......

Quote Originally Posted by Carbuncle;3228901;
    Personally I don't see her as a "psycho", I think she's just a plain drug addict doing whatever she can to get her fix.

Although saying that I did have a random thought that she might be the serial killer, based purely on the fact on how desperate she is to get close to Sookie. I don't know, just an idea......

I had the same thought. I think she's the one trying to get to Sookie.

+ Reply to Thread