+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I think it may be Hoyt. If AB kills Eric then there would be a very VERY angry audience (and I think it would be too much for many of the readers who love the books and tolerate the liberties that AB has taken).
    AND HBO could lose some viewers (and subscriptions (Im actually one of those who only pays/subscribes for HBO when True Blood is on)).

Jessica seems to have developed a serious fanbase (a la Lafayette) so I think AB sees great potential in really developing this character...particularly if we have the opportunity to explore her dark side in the unfortunate event of Hoyt's murder/death.

It seems pretty obvious that the King has to die ( ) because his character has become so extreme that they can't keep him around and explore other storylines with sookie, bill and eric (it would not make sense--all the king would try to do is kill them and they cant pretend like he went on vacation or something).

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Regarding a possible death, I would have no problem with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Arlene being the one to go. Her character in the books just goes from bad to completely awful.

SPOILER ALERT:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I read somewhere that the actress who plays Arlene will still be on the show but in a diminished role because she is going to be on the Good Wife.
    Last edited by Critical; 09-01-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags!

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;4052926;
    SPOILER ALERT:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I read somewhere that the actress who plays Arlene will still be on the show but in a diminished role because she is going to be on the Good Wife
    Well, it's not as if she is a major character anyway.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Now THAT was a good episode - I hope the finale keeps it going strong

I agree, it's time for Russell to go. But, man, what a ride he took us on!

LOVED seeing Sookie finally go ballistic on Bill - at last (yippee!)

one strong negative - I still don't like "dark" Sam - just feels all wrong.

And when is the last time Sookie worked at Merlotte's???
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4052625;
    I think it may be Hoyt. If AB kills Eric then there would be a very VERY angry audience (and I think it would be too much for many of the readers who love the books and tolerate the liberties that AB has taken).
    AND HBO could lose some viewers (and subscriptions (Im actually one of those who only pays/subscribes for HBO when True Blood is on)).

Jessica seems to have developed a serious fanbase (a la Lafayette) so I think AB sees great potential in really developing this character...particularly if we have the opportunity to explore her dark side in the unfortunate event of Hoyt's murder/death.

It seems pretty obvious that the King has to die ( ) because his character has become so extreme that they can't keep him around and explore other storylines with sookie, bill and eric (it would not make sense--all the king would try to do is kill them and they cant pretend like he went on vacation or something).
    I agree with all you said. Killing Eric would just be dumb. Not only would alot of the female fans not watch the show, myself included, but he has such a major part in the 4th book I can't imagine them doing season 4 without him.

My most honest guess is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hoyt, Arlene, or maybe Jessica
    . I know thats not really a spoiler but just in case anyone trying to stay away from speculation. I like all those characters but I wouldn't be terribly upset if they left.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I would feel bad for Terry if Arlene died though.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why is everyone putting their guesses and fears in spoiler tags? It's not as if these are giving away something that has been stated as facts! These are opinions, if I am not mistaken.

The funny thing is that the actual SPOILER ALERT was not in spoiler tags! I'm getting dizzy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4053009;
    Why is everyone putting their guesses and fears in spoiler tags? It's not as if these are giving away something that has been stated as facts! These are opinions, if I am not mistaken.

The funny thing is that the actual SPOILER ALERT was not in spoiler tags! I'm getting dizzy!
    If I see spoiler anywhere on a post I will use spoiler tags just to be on the safe side and not spoil future episodes for other viewers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4053009;

Some of these possible spoilers include things that happen in the books, things that may or may not make it to AB's version.

Some of them are based on things people have heard through the grapevine.

For the record, if you want to use the spoiler tags and don't know how, use the following method, with "bracket" replaced with "[" and "close bracket" replaced with "]" (and you don't have to make the text underlined):

bracket spoiler text close bracket

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gotcha! That actually makes sense. I guess you can tell I'm not a TB book reader! Read the first 2, and that was it for me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread