+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Does anyone else have a problem getting to the postmortems on the HBO website? I do. I end up going to youtube.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Am I the only one who was a little dissapointed by last night's show? I found myself bored and looking at my phone during all the crap with Tara, Jason and Jesus. I was so happy when they switched back to the vampire world with Eric/Pam and my favorite King. I wish someone would tell AB that we don't need filler stories for the supporting cast

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

This was a weird episode. A lot happened (lots of "reveals"), but the action just crawled. What I found completely odd is that no one in Bon Temps seemed to even be aware of Russel's ripping out the newscaster spine on national TV and declaring war on the human race. It was just business as usual in Bon Temp where, apparently, the supernatural beings outnumber the humans Now, even Lafayette is some kind of shaman.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

So we finally find out that Sookie has fairy blood inher--hence the light? Not to mention the tasty blood! I was kind of expecting something a little dramatic. Fairies seem so tiny and fragile--not much of a player in Helltown, er, Bon Temps.
    And what was that at the end? ERic tying Sookie up like a dog? Did he make a deal with Russell? Wow Sam sure had a checkered past!!

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;4046522;
    So we finally find out that Sookie has fairy blood inher--hence the light? Not to mention the tasty blood! I was kind of expecting something a little dramatic. Fairies seem so tiny and fragile--not much of a player in Helltown, er, Bon Temps.
    And what was that at the end? ERic tying Sookie up like a dog? Did he make a deal with Russell? Wow Sam sure had a checkered past!!
    Think fairies a la The Lord of the Rings, but with more anger and power.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Think fae not faires. Laurell K Hamilton's Princess Meredith series fae are not cute and cuddly, more like scarey and deadly.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

cablejockey - Fairies in this world are plenty powerful and dangerous - not like in children's books.

The only parts I liked in this episode were Jessica and Hoyt back together and the scenes with Sookie and Eric. HATED the stuff with Lafayette and Jesus and I love Lafayette. I thought the drug strip stuff was just stupid. I thought the Sam stuff was a waste of time too.

With only two episodes left, I hope the show gets back on track and finishes the season well.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4046494;
    This was a weird episode. A lot happened (lots of "reveals"), but the action just crawled. What I found completely odd is that no one in Bon Temps seemed to even be aware of Russel's ripping out the newscaster spine on national TV and declaring war on the human race. It was just business as usual in Bon Temp where, apparently, the supernatural beings outnumber the humans Now, even Lafayette is some kind of shaman.
    I was expecting panic in the streets, maybe a shot of the French Quarter in chaos, or something. A vampire on national television declaring war on humanity seems like a big moment.

This episode felt like filler. Hopefully something great is on the way for next time. Signing papers with a lawyer, the stripper freaking out, blah.

The Jesus and Lafayette thing was stupid, like they were on a ride at Disneyland.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I was disappointed this week as well. In fact, I fell asleep and had to rewind. That NEVER happens! The Lafayette/Jesus drug ride, another Tara chin-quiver-victim scene, Russell with the prostitute...all of it was a let down. Filler indeed. I'm definitely not liking the Sam backstory. He's the perpetual "good guy" to me and I don't want that to change.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4046453;
    Does anyone else have a problem getting to the postmortems on the HBO website? I do. I end up going to youtube.
    the HBO website never works for me either. I always go to HBO On Demand and they have them right after each episode.

+ Reply to Thread