+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer were married Saturday.
    as per yahoo.com: Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer Get Married! - omg! news on Yahoo!

True bliss!

True Blood stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer wed Saturday evening at a private residence in Malibu, Calif., UsMagazine.com has confirmed. Guests -- many of them bearing gifts in purple boxes and with purple bows -- included Elijah Wood and True Blood costar Carrie Preston with husband Michael Emerson (Lost). Paquin, 28, and Moyer, 40, exchanged their vows beneath a tent across the street from the beach.

The couple announced their engagement last August. Connecting over daily breakfasts at a West Hollywood cafe, they began dating a few months after filming first began in 2008 for HBO's smash vampire series, now in its third season. On the show, Paquin (a 1994 Oscar-winner at age 11 for her role in The Piano) plays Sookie Stackhouse, the psychic, mortal lover to vampire Bill Compton (Moyer); their first kiss occurred onscreen.

But the duo waited until February 2009 to debut their real-life romance -- a delay that was "very intentional on both our parts," British actor Moyer explained at the time. "It was very important to me that the cast and crew we were working with didn't feel it was fickle....We didn't want to take anything away from the show."

Moyer proposed to Canadian-born, New Zealand-raised Paquin on a Hawaiian beach, presenting her with a ring -- a rustic diamond set in an antiqued platinum inset -- he helped design with jeweler Kathy Waterman. Why Hawaii? "There was a song in the first season, 'White Sandy Beach in Hawaii,' which was kind of funny and ironic," he told Access Hollywood last year. "[It] all started out as a joke and then we decided to go to Hawaii with my kids," says the actor, who has a son, Billy, and daughter, Lilac, from two previous relationships.

These days, Moyer splits his time between his native London and the Venice, Calif. home he shares with Paquin.

"With Anna it's just about pure trust, on camera and off," Moyer gushed in the July issue of Playboy. "I have never trusted anybody like I trust Anna."

"I feel so lucky right now," Paquin says in the latest issue of Rolling Stone. "Life is pretty great."

I wish them luck and hope it lasts.
    Last edited by Critical; 08-22-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: added url
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

whhooooaaa...Russell.....that was hysterical! Had to watch his scenes several times Can't wait for tonight and see where that goes!

Hoyt and Jessica - there's some steam and romance for you! He's just a big bundle of cute and sexy.

Jesus...man, I'm still getting a vibe off him. WAY too sweet and innocent to be just a love interest for Lafayette. Something's gonna happen - the jaguar is a good guess.

I've given up on any action between Eric and Sookie - hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised but the "drama" (snooooze) between her and Bill is still going strong. sigh.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;4045386;
    whhooooaaa...Russell.....that was hysterical! Had to watch his scenes several times Can't wait for tonight and see where that goes!

Hoyt and Jessica - there's some steam and romance for you! He's just a big bundle of cute and sexy.

Jesus...man, I'm still getting a vibe off him. WAY too sweet and innocent to be just a love interest for Lafayette. Something's gonna happen - the jaguar is a good guess.

I've given up on any action between Eric and Sookie - hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised but the "drama" (snooooze) between her and Bill is still going strong. sigh.
    Rumors are
    Click to see Spoiler:
    That the witch storyline from the books is up for next season leading up to the Eric amnesia and staying with Sookie and sleeping with her will finally happen.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;4045236;
    Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer were married Saturday.
    as per yahoo.com: Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer Get Married! - omg! news on Yahoo!

True bliss!

True Blood stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer wed Saturday evening at a private residence in Malibu, Calif., UsMagazine.com has confirmed. Guests -- many of them bearing gifts in purple boxes and with purple bows -- included Elijah Wood and True Blood costar Carrie Preston with husband Michael Emerson (Lost). Paquin, 28, and Moyer, 40, exchanged their vows beneath a tent across the street from the beach.

The couple announced their engagement last August. Connecting over daily breakfasts at a West Hollywood cafe, they began dating a few months after filming first began in 2008 for HBO's smash vampire series, now in its third season. On the show, Paquin (a 1994 Oscar-winner at age 11 for her role in The Piano) plays Sookie Stackhouse, the psychic, mortal lover to vampire Bill Compton (Moyer); their first kiss occurred onscreen.

But the duo waited until February 2009 to debut their real-life romance -- a delay that was "very intentional on both our parts," British actor Moyer explained at the time. "It was very important to me that the cast and crew we were working with didn't feel it was fickle....We didn't want to take anything away from the show."

Moyer proposed to Canadian-born, New Zealand-raised Paquin on a Hawaiian beach, presenting her with a ring -- a rustic diamond set in an antiqued platinum inset -- he helped design with jeweler Kathy Waterman. Why Hawaii? "There was a song in the first season, 'White Sandy Beach in Hawaii,' which was kind of funny and ironic," he told Access Hollywood last year. "[It] all started out as a joke and then we decided to go to Hawaii with my kids," says the actor, who has a son, Billy, and daughter, Lilac, from two previous relationships.

These days, Moyer splits his time between his native London and the Venice, Calif. home he shares with Paquin.

"With Anna it's just about pure trust, on camera and off," Moyer gushed in the July issue of Playboy. "I have never trusted anybody like I trust Anna."

"I feel so lucky right now," Paquin says in the latest issue of Rolling Stone. "Life is pretty great."

I wish them luck and hope it lasts.
    Wow, that's really great. I admit, I was skeptical about their relationship b/c I figured it was just something while they were filming (similar to Evangeline and Dominick) but I see I was wrong. Good for them. I wish them all the best.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have to admit, embarrassingly , that I don't know how this works when she's (allegedly) interested in both sexes. Where is the wisdom, here?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

She made a choice for her life partner, what ever was past ....should be the past for her now; however, every relationship has what..... a 50/50 chance? Anyway, I wish them the best! They were mature about the relationship from the start, they've had time to sort through it, get to know each other - I am happy for them and hope they are in that 50% that makes it.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;4045485;
    Rumors are
    Click to see Spoiler:
    That the witch storyline from the books is up for next season leading up to the Eric amnesia and staying with Sookie and sleeping with her will finally happen.
    Well, I certainly hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;4045705;
    Well, I certainly hope so.
    It makes sense overlapping bits and pieces from books 3 and 4.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4045608;
    I have to admit, embarrassingly , that I don't know how this works when she's (allegedly) interested in both sexes. Where is the wisdom, here?
    Marriage doesn't keep you from being attracted to others? And maybe those attractions actually add to the mutual enjoyment of both partners? I don't know, but she has chosen

I don't remember Anna in The Piano, but I liked her featured role in Finding Forrester. She's good at her craft. I hope they will be happy!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Jesus and Lafayette's V trip was interesting as was Crystal's little reveal at the end of the episode.

Sam's story is getting a bit interesting as it shows he was not that different from his parents.

Russell as always steals the show. His last good bye to Talbot was chilling.

Oh, we got a little less chin quiver from Tara this week.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread