+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Thanks Cantstopwatchin! Loved the article and photos! This quote...

Creator Alan Ball agrees. "To me, vampires are sex," he said. "I don't get a vampire story about abstinence. I'm 53. I don't care about high school students. I find them irritating and uninformed."

Fabulousl!!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4040174;
    I thought the scene with Franklin was weird. Why bring him back and show that he's alive only to be killed 5 minutes later?
    Maybe just to remind us that Jason has a rifle (loaded for vampire) and is not afraid to use it? First time I've ever heard of wooden bullets.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;4041307;
    Thanks Cantstopwatchin! Loved the article and photos! This quote...

[I]Creator Alan Ball agrees. "To me, vampires are sex," he said. "I don't get a vampire story about abstinence. I'm 53. I don't care about high school students. I find them irritating and uninformed."[/I]

Fabulousl!!
    Took me a while to get he was majorily dissing Twilight. No sparkly vampires in True Blood just sparkly Sookie. Now that I think about it Bill's visit to the other land was perphaps Alan's nod or finger to Twihards. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

OMG - Thank goodness for my lifetime subscription to Rolling Stone!!!

However, I can't WAIT to see how the USPS finds a way to censor that cover for delivery. When I changed addresses and they forwarded an issue with snowboarder Shaun White holding a bottle of lighter fluid at his crotch and squirting a flaming snowboard, they put the forwarding sticker over his crotch. :nono

I'd love to be Sookie in that photo.

Read today that the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    witches
    will be making an appearance next week. I'm starting to wonder if Jesus is involved with that...?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4039739;
    Russell Edginton simply stole last night's show. What an ending. Simply delicious.
    I loved it, too. That is why I came on here to post - although now all the talk is about that magazine cover.*

Russell's speech was a big slap in the face to all of us over-privileged Americans. The episode started tweaking the viewers even before Russell's speech, when Sookie and Bill are talking about boring couples who just sit and watch TV - <cough cough> Ball's viewers, lol.

Loved Russell's speech, and the way the actor delivered it. he sure earned his keep in that scene! Wondered if that speech was in the books (I haven't read them), or if it was all Alan Ball.

*It is still disconcerting to see little Anna exposing herself (although if I still had a figure like that, maybe I wouldn't mind being filmed naked, either) - at least her sex scene with Bill at the end of the previous episode was hot - someone a few pages back posted they didn't like the Sam and Bill dream sequence, but that was hot too - I think Bill is finally starting to be able to portray hotness. He was better being bad with his maker (never liked her, can't remember her name, glad she's gone) than being namby pamby with Sookie - maybe being bad for a while made Bill get his groove back. As for Eric, the less clothes he wears, the better, imo! I always liked his "child" Pam, too. Glad they gave her some lines in this epi.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;4041836;
    Loved Russell's speech, and the way the actor delivered it. he sure earned his keep in that scene! Wondered if that speech was in the books (I haven't read them), or if it was all Alan Ball.
    Not in the books. I'm actually not that crazy about the whole "Vampire Rights" movement in the TV series. I hope that about kills that whole thing. It was awesome.

By the way, I too am a little unnerved at Anna Paquin in such an adult role, baring so much and in the sex scenes. I never have found it easy to see her beyond the little Oscar winner in the tam hat winning for "The Piano". I honestly don't care for her as an actress all that much. I didn't like her at all as Rogue in the X-Men, but then again I read every X-Man comic the character appeared in up until the late 90's, so I already had an idea of what the character should be like.

I just find her "OK" as Sookie. As much as people find Tara's quiver chin as overacting and overdone, I've had trouble getting past Sookie/Anna's "gulpy swallow" when something surprises or disconcerts her. I find her more interesting when she's in scenes where she's strong and tough, like when she offed Lorena, or when she was fighting Debbie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Absolutely loved this episode!! Didn't Jason have wood bullets when he was at the Fellowship? And Hoyt's new girlfriend reminds me of the preacher's wife at FOTS.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4044609;
    Absolutely loved this episode!! Didn't Jason have wood bullets when he was at the Fellowship? And Hoyt's new girlfriend reminds me of the preacher's wife at FOTS.

That's right! I totally forgot about the Fellowship and the wooden bullets.

I was referring, though, to real life. And found out that, yes indeed, wooden bullets have been used for other purposes.

Hoyt's new GF (Summer?) does remind of the preacher's wife. Both appear to be so sweet at first. Wonder is Summer is going to play a bigger role as the season progresses.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Personalitywise, they both (Summer and the wife, initially) come off as "Susie Sunshine". It would be too much to ask for that her role explodes into something larger, but so much is not what it seems to be in this show!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread