+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Kiz

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;4039600;
    Guess I am in the minority. I think Bill and Sookie have great chemistry together, but the chemistry between her and the other two HOT guys is also good. Whoever cast this show did a great job with all of the characters. The actress who plays Tara is wonderful and so believable in her terror of Franklin (how is he alive when she cut off his head).
    I agree with you regarding Sookie and the men. It's all hot.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but I thought Tara "just" bashed Franklin's head in. I was really irritated when it was being suggested on the show that he was dead, since she didn't use the approved vamp killing methods (lol) and he didn't disintegrate into a goo. I also kind of liked ol' Franklin even though he was crazy evil. So, I was glad to see him back, even if for only a few minutes.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Russell Edginton simply stole last night's show. What an ending. Simply delicious.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

"Now...time for the weather. Tiffany?" That ending with Russell was the best part of this season to date.

I suspect Jesus may be a shifter as well.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I thought the scene with Franklin was weird. Why bring him back and show that he's alive only to be killed 5 minutes later?

Is it just me or is Tara's actress a really bad actress? I feel like she's gotten worse over the past three seasons. I just think she's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;4039600;
    Guess I am in the minority. I think Bill and Sookie have great chemistry together, but the chemistry between her and the other two HOT guys is also good. Whoever cast this show did a great job with all of the characters. The actress who plays Tara is wonderful and so believable in her terror of Franklin (how is he alive when she cut off his head).
    She didn't cut it off, just bashed it in. The same (only worse) as Bill did to Lorena with the tv...lol. Although I don't know a vampire could live with his gray matter spattered around the room...lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;4039875;
    "Now...time for the weather. Tiffany?" That ending with Russell was the best part of this season to date.

I suspect Jesus may be a shifter as well.
    It will be definitely be the best moment of the season--what an actor! Funny how such a short line can be so believable, clever, funny, revealing...just EVERYTHING!

I think they are strongly hinting that Jesus is a werejaguar--but of course that makes me wonder about the werecats in general (especially a tiger). Maybe they are trying to connect the Jaguar and Jesus's race of shifters to South America? You just never know with this show

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4040174;
    Is it just me or is Tara's actress a really bad actress? I feel like she's gotten worse over the past three seasons. I just think she's awful.
    I liked her in the first season but now all I see is that chin quiver. I don't think she's had a scene without the chin quiver for a few episodes! Remember that scene of her and Sookie sunbathing? She even did it then.

I thought it was odd the way they brought Franklin back for a minute as well. It's almost like they signed him for X number of episodes and ran his storyline down before they'd fulfilled the contract. Oh well, the story is moving along.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4040513;
    I liked her in the first season but now all I see is that chin quiver. I don't think she's had a scene without the chin quiver for a few episodes! Remember that scene of her and Sookie sunbathing? She even did it then.

I thought it was odd the way they brought Franklin back for a minute as well. It's almost like they signed him for X number of episodes and ran his storyline down before they'd fulfilled the contract. Oh well, the story is moving along.
    That's what bothers me about her--the chin quiver! I'm glad you pointed that out. It just seems like she's over-acting and the chin quiver is definitely an exaggeration of emotions I think.

I suppose they brought Franklin back to show that Tara is a strong woman who is not afraid to stand up to him anymore? But then again she kind of proved that when she bashed his head in multiple times

I loved Russel's parting line of the episode, too! My husband was LOL'ing and he rarely does that while watching tv...

I agree that Tara's whining is getting old. It ticks me off too, because I really like her character much better than in the books. And the actress...girl is built! I'm so jealous of her arms. They are ripped but not nasty ripped. I think she has the cutest figure of all the females on the show.

How many jobs does Nan have? I thought she was just the 'spokesperson' for the vampires.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Just saw this and thought I'd share. There are a few more pics at the Rolling Stone link.

TODAYShow.com - 'True Blood' stars find bloody goodness in sex

'True Blood' stars find bloody goodness in sex
    Matthew Rolston for RollingStone.com
    Vampires have a primal thirst -- and it's not only for blood. In the Sept. 2 issue of Rolling Stone, out on newsstands Wednesday and online on Friday, actor Stephen Moyer, who plays vampire Bill Compton, says vampires have an extremely large sexual appetite.

"If we go from a base level, vampires create a hole in the neck where there wasn't one before," Moyer said. "It's a de-virginization -- breaking the hymen, creating blood and then drinking the virginal blood. And there's something sharp, the fang, which is probing and penetrating and moving into it. So that's pretty sexy. I think that makes vampires attractive."

Creator Alan Ball agrees. "To me, vampires are sex," he said. "I don't get a vampire story about abstinence. I'm 53. I don't care about high school students. I find them irritating and uninformed."

The stars are flaunting their sexual prowess on the racy cover for the magazine. Like some of their famous predecessors, main stars Anna Paquin (Sookie), Moyer (Bill) and Alexander Skaarsgard (Eric) stripped down and bloodied up for the mag. Check out some more behind-the-scenes pictures from the shoot here. They're Hot, They're Sexy, They're Undead: 'True Blood' Cast in the Latest Issue of Rolling Stone | Rolling Stone Music | Photos
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

ďI donít want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my painÖ It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.Ē - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread