+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I guess I was hoping Debbie Pelt would be killed last night. She only seems to have one emotion, all out rage, and I am over it. I think the writers teased us too much with the possibility of Sookie shooting Deb in half with a shotgun blast or scissoring her neck. Too bad it didn't happen. A more deserving person could not be found.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;4030925;
    Bill and Jessica were so cute together!

Jessica: "No way..."
    Bill: "Way..."

Awwwwww!!!
    Loved that part! I'm not a big fan of Bill, but I liked that little exchange. I think I actually don't mind Bill when he's not with Sookie. I Just don't like them together. I really liked the scenes with Jessica and Bill - I'm so glad he's back and that's she bullied him into "training" her. Of all the changes AB has made to the stories, Jessica is the one I love the most. I read that Charlaine says the same thing and wishes she'd thought of Jessica. I still laugh over her telling Bill "You suck!" and then cracking up....and Pam and Eric returning Jessica to Bill and Pam saying "She's very annoying."

The scenes with Talbot and Eric were so over-the-top! I had a feeling Eric was going to kill Talbot, but that was pretty cut-throat. It'll be interesting to see the lengths Russell will go to in avenging Talbot's murder.

I really liked the juxtaposition of Hoyt crying his eyes out in his truck while Jessica feasted on werewolf.

Of all the changes AB has made, the one I'm most bothered by is the changes to Hotshot and Calvin. (Of course, I'm saying this because they haven't torpedoed the book 4 plot yet.) Crystal is just as much of a selfish wild child as she is in the books, but Calvin is supposed to be a calming influence.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I haven't been able to read through any of the books. What the heck
    Click to see Spoiler:
    are Crystal and her friends? That shot of the person feasting on something was very unnerving to say the least!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4031789;
    I haven't been able to read through any of the books. What the heck
    Click to see Spoiler:
    are Crystal and her friends? That shot of the person feasting on something was very unnerving to say the least!
    Unless AB has changed it, they're
    Click to see Spoiler:
    werepanthers.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm so annoyed with Sunday's episode. Maybe I I should try harder to not compare the books with the show (which I am trying really hard not to do!) but I intensely disliked when Bill & Sookie ran to each other's arms after the were attack as if they were star-crossed lovers. She should be hating him at this point!! I did really like the training with Jessica. That was about the only highlight other than a few oneliners and the Postmortem for me b/c I was sad to see Talbot go. I'm going to miss his hissy fits.

Bearcata, I'm with you -- down with Debbie Pelt already! But I'm glad Sookie didn't kill her with Bill around
    Click to see Spoiler:
    because I don't want her to lose that connection/tie to Eric

Critical, I'm not liking the way Calvin's being portrayed either. I always pictured the rest of Hot Shot as really creepy so the other guys being that way doesn't really bother me but Calvin was cool and clear-headed... I actually liked him in the books! And I'm on the fence about how I feel about Crystal--this whole doe-eyed, innocent girl is the polar opposite of how I've pictured her.

I guess I need to just start repeating to myself they're not the same over and over before the show starts. Maybe this way I'll be able to forgive the fairies prancing around in fairyland, a love that should be hate, and all the other changes AB has made.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Sunday's episode was better but whyohwhy do I have to watch Tommy and poor Sam slog through a story line no one is enjoying? It's DOA... all Sam gets to do is look disgusted and put upon. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Something's up with Jesus...any guesses? he cannot be that sweet - there's got to be a twist coming and since he wasn't in the books....hmmmm?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4031971;
    I'm so annoyed with Sunday's episode. Maybe I I should try harder to not compare the books with the show (which I am trying really hard not to do!) but I intensely disliked when Bill & Sookie ran to each other's arms after the were attack as if they were star-crossed lovers. She should be hating him at this point!! I did really like the training with Jessica. That was about the only highlight other than a few oneliners and the Postmortem for me b/c I was sad to see Talbot go. I'm going to miss his hissy fits.

I guess I need to just start repeating to myself they're not the same over and over before the show starts. Maybe this way I'll be able to forgive the fairies prancing around in fairyland, a love that should be hate, and all the other changes AB has made.
    Alan personally feels that Sookie and Bill are star-crossed lovers. In "his" series, Bill and Sookie are meant to be together, and my guess is when it is time to end the series, they will be together.

In the first couple books - I thought that way as well; which makes me wonder if Alan has read all of the series, or just the first few books. I also feel it is difficult separating the two mediums and have 3 episodes still unwatched on my DVR...... not sure what I am waiting for, but I've lost some of that enthusiasm.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I feel like they are "together" in the series because they are together in real life. The actors are comfortable being together because they already live together I assume....I always figured that Sookie and Bill would end up together no matter what happens in the books or series because they are real life lovers.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I have to say....when Jessica first came on the scene, I could not stand her. I was not looking forward to her whining, bratty self clogging up my storylines! But I have to admit, I was wrong. I absolutely adore her and love every scene she is in.

The only stories I'm not digging are Tommy and Tara. Bring badass Tara back..lol. And Tommy....ugh. Something is not right with him and his character brings nothing to the show. We want more Sam, but not like this. Bleh.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4033014;
    I have to say....when Jessica first came on the scene, I could not stand her. I was not looking forward to her whining, bratty self clogging up my storylines! But I have to admit, I was wrong. I absolutely adore her and love every scene she is in.

The only stories I'm not digging are Tommy and Tara. Bring badass Tara back..lol. And Tommy....ugh. Something is not right with him and his character brings nothing to the show. We want more Sam, but not like this. Bleh.
    I definitely think that the stories that are the weakest on this show are the ones that AB has had to completely make up on his own. If he can't take his cues from the books, he seems to flounder a bit. Of course, Jessica and Lafayette are two big exceptions. LOVE Jessica. I think Deborah Ann Woll is doing a fantastic job in the role. She's really made Jessica one of the highlights of the show for me.

I haven't read any concrete spoilers about Jesus. My feeling is that he isn't a supe. Maybe he's into witchcraft.

Speaking of witches - Holly is here! I'm practically giddy every time one of the book characters shows up. I have to say, the actress has a really unusual face - she sort of reminds me of a Buffy vamp.

Bug - I agree with you - Sookie and Bill are "meant to be together" (in AB's opinion) only because Anna and Stephen are together IRL. Frankly, I just don't see the chemistry with them. So, they feel comfortable enough with each other to really go for it in the sex scenes. That's not chemistry. I saw more chemistry between Sookie and Alcide...not to mention Sookie and Eric.

+ Reply to Thread