+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree276Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4024385;
    Let me assure you that was not in the books! That was pretty damn ridiculous. Oh well, I think I'm going to chalk that up to "all a dream" and hope they don't go that route again.

Couldn't agree more.

Gala62: "Butttt...as this season goes along, it is more and more disappointing - I was really looking forward to the wolves, Alcide, etc. I find myself watching each week's epi the day after, so I can FF through Sam's BS, usually Jason's, and ANYTHING to do with Andy, Terry or Arlene. "

All of these stories are starting to "suck" (pardon the pun). I'll take an order of eric, pam, sookie and the king to go, please and they can leave the extras out. Maybe next season everyone will move away from Bon Temps or magically transport to fae land (ooops!) and we will no longer be forced to endure their neverending GIANT borefest again (we should be so lucky).

The only dose of the show I get is through the forum here. I watched season one and then read about season 2 here and yeah. I started with the books and enjoy them as my easy read when they come out and had a great deal of difficulty getting into the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;4024656;
    Well as much as I enjoy Alan's vision.............. I don't think they compare to the fun I've had reading the books and doing my own visualizing. I am honestly thinking of dropping the series and just adhering to the stories I love (the books). Very disappointed in some things Alan is doing, but have enjoyed things not developed in the books...... so it really is a mixed basket - I am undecided. Maybe have to wait a few more shows before making such a critical decision.
    I tend to agree with your take on the books vs show. I watched the first 2 seasons and LOVED them. Wanted more so bought the book series... LOVED them too. But, the stories are different and I feel almost like they are 2 totally different separate entities. The books do give more character development and history but sometimes the show will recreate a character so differently from the book that I can't reconsile it in my head! So, I just enjoy each and try not to compare and contrast.

I understand that they are trying to keep the characters from Merlottes/Bon Temps included in this season, but the silly story lines are, well... silly! I feel like they are virtually wasting Jason, Lafayette and Sam!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4020064;

I'm glad I didn't have to witness the rape in the back of the truck and was a little worried when they didn't show it because I was afraid Sookie would still want to associate with Bill (AB's saying he thinks Sookie & Bill are soulmates really worries me!!) so I was happy to see her screaming at him at the end...but wasn't Sookie taken to the special hospital? Didn't the weres take her there?? I may be confused..
    When I viewed the episode again, I noticed that is wasn't a rape....it was a near-draining....which probably has a lot to do with the lack of a blood type and why nobody but Bill (or probably another vampire) could help her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In the book, he nearly drains her and rapes her. They may have changed that or omitted the rape, but they didn't show everything that happened in the back of that truck.

The lack of blood type doesn't have to do with her having just taken vampire blood. It has to do with what Sookie really is, which they should reveal on the show pretty soon. Maybe
    Click to see Spoiler:
    fairies don't have a blood type at all since they aren't human
    . Vampires were once human, so Bill should still have a blood type.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

"They killed my Cooter!" I love this show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Who is John Galt?

I disagree with many of the posters. I love the show and enjoy the unpredictability. I hated the faked (forced) gay dream sequence between Sam and Bill, but other than that, I am a fan. Granted, I have not read the books (nor do I intend to). I just enjoy what I see on screen and hope it stays enjoyable. After all, none of this is "believable", but it isn't meant to be.

I loved the scene between Jessica and Bill and his manning up and doing the right thing by her.

That was a very sweet scene.

PLEASE, let Jessica and Hoyt get back together. They really love each other.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;4030899;
    I loved the scene between Jessica and Bill and his manning up and doing the right thing by her.

That was a very sweet scene.

PLEASE, let Jessica and Hoyt get back together. They really love each other.
    Bill and Jessica were so cute together!

Jessica: "No way..."
    Bill: "Way..."

Awwwwww!!!

I was trying so hard to like the storyline with Sam and Tommy but ugh, Tommy is driving me nuts! To steal a line from his daddy, "that boy makes my a** itch!"

I think I am cool with the direction things are going mostly. I really don't mind that the series is going away from the books so much. I guess I am just books being butchered so much that I have grown to accept it. There have been much worse book to television/film tragedies than this.

Kiz

Last night's post mortem was my favorite episode (unless Eric and Pam hiring a new dancer was a post mortem, then that would be my first favorite). I thought it was very funny.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread