+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4006660;
    I'm always happy to see Don Swayze in anything. He didn't get the good looks of his brother and always has looked a bit menacing. From all accounts, he's a really nice guy (which may not have always been true about his brother, btw).

I doubt Franklin is dead. They would have made a bigger deal of it. Remember when Bill bashed Lorena's head in with a plasma screen TV and she was fine?
    Thank you for mentioning him -- we just caught up last night and I told DH I thought that was Patrick's brother. Glad I don't have to look it up now.

I prob. shouldn't say this but WTG Tara for taking out Franklin (though then I had Forney guilt b/c I really do love him as Forney!). I don't think he's dead so it'll be interesting to see how he comes back...

I get the impression Bill is going to go after her in the stable as opposed to the trunk like the books? I wonder what Sookie's reaction to this will be...

Love, love the Eric flashbacks. (I know, that was 2 weeks ago but I'm catching up-lol!) I can't wait to see him take the King on...

Holy cow on the previews! So many things to look forward to but I jumped out of my seat when they showed Claudine!! Can't wait!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Joe Manganiello (Alcide), in all of his 6'5" glory and deliciousness, will be on Wendy Williams show tomorrow, just in case anyone wants to watch.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

August 1st, 2010

mmm...I have a feeling that the storyline for season 3 will be a combination of book 3; Club Dead and book 4, Dead to the World, just from how tonight's episode ended.

Not caring very much at all for Sam's storyline.. I keep wanting to fast forward them so I can see what is going on with everyone else.

mmm...well we are introduced to Claudine but still she is supposed to be 6' plus tall.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Jason: "I never thought I was smart enough to get depressed, but here I am."

ETA: Okay, I just watched the episode a second time, so I feel like I can comment.

Still not a fan of Sam's storyline, although the comment about Joe Lee's saggy underwear was dead-on.

I was really hoping to see Sookie sweep Lorena into the pool, darnit. That was one of my favorite things in the book. They changed up how Sookie was attacked by Bill and there was no whisper of rape there, but it was still good. The back of the van wasn't quite as desperate-feeling as the trunk of a car and Debbie wasn't involved, but I'll take what I can get with AB using details from the book.

NOT happy with Claudine at all. If she and Claude are twins (triplets, really, including Claudette), then how on earth can he be drop dead gorgeous? Not that the actress isn't attractive, but she's not stunning. When I read the books, I pictured a younger Michelle Forbes. Maybe AB will make them siblings instead of twins

I have to say, even though he's a baddie and I want Eric to get his revenge, I am LOVING Denis O'Hare as Russell. He is just chewing scenery and you can tell he's having a blast. That moment in this episode where he seemed to channel Talbot with "que lastima!" was delicious!
    Last edited by Critical; 08-02-2010 at 03:49 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agree, Crit - Russell's scenes are terrific. I didn't think I'd like him as much as I do. And I'm sure Eric's day is coming...

I'm also loving kick-ass Tara, a much better version than depressed, beat-down Tara. Still don't care for Jason's storyline, running after Crystal (nice line by Hoyt about having the middle name meth ) and while I don't mind them fleshing out Sam's family, I'm tired of those nasty people. AND Joe Lee's yellowed drawers. Sam deserves better than these bums.

Wasn't thrilled with the actress they cast for Claudine, but hopefully she'll grow on me.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Newbie

The actor who plays Russel is phenomenal. They have done a really great job casting this show in general. I was a bit disappointed by Claudine last night though. The actress they chose just isn't how I picture Claudine at all.

Kiz

I love Russel's character. He reminds me so much of Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate.

YouTube - Al Pacino Speech on Devil's Advocate

I'm very glad season 1 Tara is back. I didn't enjoy watching her play a weak character. She's a dynamo.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Was anyone else as disappointed with the Fairies flitting and dancing around as I was?? It was AWFUL!! I kept saying, please, make them stop!! Sadly, that is what sticks out in my mind most after last night. Claudine was...well...short. I'm so sad. My favorite character looks nothing like she should. There's nothing to make her seem Otherworldly other than her silly ballet costume and the dancing around. I can't handle it!!

Oh boy but I am loving the pure evil that is Russell. I'd never want to be caught in a lonely, dark alley with him... I am definitely looking forward to when Eric confronts him -- it should be a memorable scene.

Glad Lorena's gone. And Coot. I did like the Magistrate, though. Oh well.

I'm glad I didn't have to witness the rape in the back of the truck and was a little worried when they didn't show it because I was afraid Sookie would still want to associate with Bill (AB's saying he thinks Sookie & Bill are soulmates really worries me!!) so I was happy to see her screaming at him at the end...but wasn't Sookie taken to the special hospital? Didn't the weres take her there?? I may be confused..
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I'm trying to forget the fairy scene, cantstop. You weren't the only one who was disappointed. Cheesy is the best word I can use to describe it...it just didn't mesh with the rest of the show well. I always pictured Claudine as a taller Angelina Jolie - someone exotic looking. This one is sort of plain. Oh well.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Now see i love Lara Pulver, she was so fun in Robin Hood. I always felt that she looked a bit exotic for that show.. i think she fit in fine, but then again i am not a reader of the books.

I think the only issue i have with her is she looks far older than she is. I am nealry 10 years older and look younger!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread