+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4003141;
    I'm with you. If AB changes the books THAT much, then I may have to give up on the show. The Eric/Sookie relationship is central to the books, especially after book 3, so if AB goes with the Bill/Sookie relationship instead - which, frankly, I find boring in both the books and the show - then it's not a show I may enjoy.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I have hope, based on the first spoiler in my post above, but then AB has to talk about how he loves Bill and Sookie and wants them together.
    Where's that :pfft smiley when you need it?

For anyone who's interested, the trailer for the rest of the season is up on the official HBO site It looks like what happened at the end of book 3 with Debbie Pelt may happen this season instead....and without the third person present.
    I think there were major copyright stuff going on so AB couldn't actually use the third person but I think it could have been creatively done using either a silhouette or just a voice off screen.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4003952;
    I think there were major copyright stuff going on so AB couldn't actually use the third person but I think it could have been creatively done using either a silhouette or just a voice off screen.
    The third person I meant was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Eric - he was there when Sookie killed Debbie, but in the previews, you see Sookie with a shotgun warning Debbie off. The implication is that Sookie may kill her now rather than next season, which would suck because that was one of the things that brought her and Eric together.
    Which third person did you mean?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Bubba.

Ah, thought that might have been who you meant. I don't know that his image is copyrighted. Think of how many Elvis impersonators there are all over TV and movies. Do they actually ever say "Elvis" in the books? I think they only refer to the circumstances of his death and his physical features and say that, if he's called by "that name" he gets really upset. Maybe AB just decided not to use that character. Sadly, I think that's the case, which bums me out, because I love Bubba, especially in book 4.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4003946;
    Did you try the audio books?
    I just didn't have enough interest in the books to even think about pursuing that avenue.

And, at this point, I'm glad I didn't! I am totally happy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

July 25, 2010 episode

mmmmm....I wonder if Franklin is truly dead. Tara did bash his head in but I thought the only three ways to kill vampires is a stake through the heart, decapitation or extreme exposure to daylight. While I appreciate Tara's verve I don't think that bashing equates with decapitation. Too bad, so sad. I can't wait to see the expression on Tara's face when she sees Franklin again, if he is still undead that is.

I don't think Franklin is dead either. In fact I figure that's who Tara is talking to in the previews when she says something like "Why don't you just kill me!"

Glad she finally got her spunk back though rather than just being a sappy whiner like she's been for most of this season and last season

Got the next two discs of Season 2 today! Debating on whether I have time to watch one before I go to work.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I thought Tara was kissing Franklin in the preview? Either way I also got the impression Franklin survived.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3990550;
    7/18/10

Wow, that is one super packed episode.

Franklin's idea of fine dining is Shoney's????
    I know I am a little behind in posting this, but when Franklin said he was going to take her to the Shoney's in Vicksburg, my husband and I fell out laughing. We live in Jackson and he grew up in Vicksburg. It is difficult to picture a less fancy, less romantic place than the Shoney's in Vicksburg!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

+ Reply to Thread