+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I like the songs at the end too. They are very tied to the episode.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I do as well, but didnt ike the 9 Crimes verson they used this season.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Harvest is right - they list all the music on the HBO site and have links to iTunes for most of it. Unfortunately, the one song I REALLY want isn't available.

About the actor who plays Coot, it's so strange to hear him speak in a lovely British accent!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

From E!Online about TB at ComicCon: Comic-Con's True Blood Shockers: Bill and Sookie Are "Soulmates"?! Alcide Is a Nudist?! Tara Is Happy?! - E! Online

MY favorite part of the article:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    But (and this is a very big but!), book lovers might gush a little over this tease. Says Alan of season four (yep, he's looking all the way to next year!): "There's a character that doesn't really know who he or she is and becomes a different person than we've gotten to know, and maybe someone who has hated this person doesn't hate them so much anymore." Ringing any bells? Hm? Hmmm?

Click to see Spoiler:
    I hope he doesn't totally screw it up because he also talks about how he thinks Sookie and Bill are soul mates *gag*

ETA: From Michael Ausiello, a video interview with Anna, Stephen and AB: Comic-Con video: 'True Blood' boss drops major season finale clue! | Ausiello | EW.com

In that interview, AB confirms that ALL of the action of the series thus far has taken place in about 6 weeks, which means that Arlene's baby is not Terry's and is almost definitely Rene's.
    Last edited by Critical; 07-24-2010 at 05:08 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

He is confusing the relationship between Steven/Anna soulmates for the characters in the books, I think. Alan certainly has his own world view of the relationship there. I don't know .......... I love the books, and if he is going to change them up that much, I probably should just quit while I am ahead.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I'm with you. If AB changes the books THAT much, then I may have to give up on the show. The Eric/Sookie relationship is central to the books, especially after book 3, so if AB goes with the Bill/Sookie relationship instead - which, frankly, I find boring in both the books and the show - then it's not a show I may enjoy.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I have hope, based on the first spoiler in my post above, but then AB has to talk about how he loves Bill and Sookie and wants them together.
    Where's that :pfft smiley when you need it?

For anyone who's interested, the trailer for the rest of the season is up on the official HBO site It looks like what happened at the end of book 3 with Debbie Pelt may happen this season instead....and without the third person present.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just reading all of the bookreaders comments, I don't think I could watch the show if I had read the books. I'm thinking major headache! I'd have to do one or the other, but not both. I'm pretty satisfied watching the interpretation!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I read all the books in quick succession just this past spring. Then watched seasons 1 through present of the show right after.

I thoroughly enjoyed the books, and am equally enjoying the series. Maybe the series moreso - I'm just not emotionally invested in a perfect retelling of the books so the changes don't bother me all that much.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe my having trouble getting into the books was where my problem arose. They just could not hold my interest (people told me that I needed to press on, and they would kick in), and I can't stay with what I find to be boring reading. The show kicked in pretty well, for me, and I won't miss it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4003670;
    Maybe my having trouble getting into the books was where my problem arose. They just could not hold my interest (people told me that I needed to press on, and they would kick in), and I can't stay with what I find to be boring reading. The show kicked in pretty well, for me, and I won't miss it!
    Did you try the audio books?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread