+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

7/18/10

Wow, that is one super packed episode.

Franklin's idea of fine dining is Shoney's????
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I want more Erik flashbacks. He should have his own spinoff series.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3990605;
    I want more Erik flashbacks. He should have his own spinoff series.
    I just want more Eric
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Eric could carry his own series very well, I think. I'd damn sure watch!

That was one busy episode. Poor Tara (Shoney's?!). And I like where they're going with Sookie - I can only hope they'll bring
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Claudette
    in soon. And I really hope Russell does something with the Magister, not liking that guy one bit. Leave Pam alone!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I wasn't sure I liked or disliked last night's episode. The episode was packed with so many story lines that I felt a bit hanging or hoped the episode would be 2 hours long.

story lines:
    Jason with Andy
    Jason with Crystal
    Sam with his dysfunctional family
    Sam with Terry
    Sookie with Alcide and later everybody
    Sookie with Debbie Pelt
    Bill will his maker
    Bill with the King of Mississippi
    Bill with Sookie
    Eric with Bill
    Eric with the Royal Consort
    Eric with a major flashback
    Eric with the King
    Tara and Franklin
    Tara and the werewolves

I do like how Bill and Eric are turning into these political animals to survive. There are many layers there and it will be interesting to see how it is all resolved. I do like how they play their rivalry of Sookie off each other.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3990946;
    I wasn't sure I liked or disliked last night's episode. The episode was packed with so many story lines that I felt a bit hanging or hoped the episode would be 2 hours long.story lines:
    Jason with Andy
    Jason with Crystal
    Sam with his dysfunctional family
    Sam with Terry
    Sookie with Alcide and later everybody
    Sookie with Debbie Pelt
    Bill will his maker
    Bill with the King of Mississippi
    Bill with Sookie
    Eric with Bill
    Eric with the Royal Consort
    Eric with a major flashback
    Eric with the King
    Tara and Franklin
    Tara and the werewolves

I do like how Bill and Eric are turning into these political animals to survive. There are many layers there and it will be interesting to see how it is all resolved. I do like how they play their rivalry of Sookie off each other.
    Funny you said that. Last night, my husband said the exact same thing, and I agreed. There was just so much jam packed into that episode. Not that we're complaining about the action (and the humor), we just want more of it! That was a great breakdown of the episode. I don't know how they got it all in that one hour.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I enjoyed Eric's back story too and cannot wait til he wreaks vengeance on Russel the dreadful kingof Louisiana! I wonder if he even became a vampire so he could stay alive long enough to find who killed his family.
    I dont like Sam's brother one bit. There is so much he is not saying and I am sure it will be bad for Sam.
    Didn't Russell Bill and the ex wife look horrific coming back home with blood on their faces? And the way Bill turned from Tara was so cold. Why has Bill been looking up Sookie's geneaology? And why is Russell so interested too?
    It was great to see Sookie's white light power again, last night. Maybe that is what the "king" is so interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;3990972;
    I enjoyed Eric's back story too and cannot wait til he wreaks vengeance on Russel the dreadful kingof Louisiana! I wonder if he even became a vampire so he could stay alive long enough to find who killed his family.
    I dont like Sam's brother one bit. There is so much he is not saying and I am sure it will be bad for Sam.
    Didn't Russell Bill and the ex wife look horrific coming back home with blood on their faces? And the way Bill turned from Tara was so cold. Why has Bill been looking up Sookie's geneaology? And why is Russell so interested too?
    It was great to see Sookie's white light power again, last night. Maybe that is what the "king" is so interested in.
    Haven't vamps heard of Moist Towelettes? One would think they would own stock in something like that.

Lol Bearcata--yes a moist towelette was definetly called for. I still cant beleive that Bill helped them kill that poor stripper. Whats wrong with him? He pushes Sookie away then rushes to her aid!! He wont help Tara and he drinks human blood now....

The Viking backstory was an excellent addition. My husband hasn't read the books so he's not bummed about the way the weres are portrayed, like I am, and he thought the Eric flashback was the most interesting thing so far this season.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread