+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Well, anyway, just heard from my sister back in the Detroit Metro area that a film is shooting there, with Richard Gere, a whole slew of other actors, and Stephen Moyer as well.

Kiz

You know you're an addict when the first thing you think of is "True Blood" when you read this headline:

Scientists develop 'fake' genetically-engineered blood for use on the battlefield

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz0tJPhXzWy
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Woah, Sookie looked hot tonight both in Eric's daydream and in the black leather outfit.

Ugh, Franklin Mott is some weird dude.

Best line, Franklin to Tara: Will you be my Vampire Bride?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I do like how Alan Bell give the fans a little extra with the 5 minisodes before season 3 started and now with the post mortems after each episode. Thanks Alan.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Vampire Bill's not looking like such a boy scout anymore. As in... he procures a girl and helps murder her. Utoh. Maybe Sookie will find consolation with Eric.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Since Sookie doesn't want Sam, I'll take him

Just catching up on Sundays episode... WOW! is what comes to mind first! That's some crazy stuff going on. Kinda scares me!

Tara is sure in some kind of trouble, Bill is bringing the sexy, Sookie is awesome, Alcide is drool worthy, Eric,,, well what can we all say about Eric. He's not only hot this season but his little emotional side is touching. Sam, sigh, adorable. The season is taking some strange twists and turns so far!

Episode summaries for episodes 307 through 311:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Episode 307: “Hitting the Ground” (previously “Let The Bodies Hit the Floor”)
    Premieres August 1
    Imperiled by Lorena, Sookie goes to extremes in her attempt to save Bill – with unforeseen consequences. Sam infiltrates a dog-fighting ring to extricate Tommy from his parents’ greedy influence. Jason heads to jail to uncover the truth about Crystal; Summer makes a homecooked play for Hoyt’s affections; Debbie vows revenge on Alcide; Eric uses Hadley as bait to get information from Sophie-Anne; Russell turns his back on the Authority, and on the Magister. (Written by Brian Buckner; directed by John Dahl.)

Episode 308: “Night on the Sun”
    Premieres August 8
    Shaken and disillusioned, Sookie rethinks her relationship with Bill. Sophie-Anne takes up a new residence as Russell plots his next move. Jessica and Bill reconcile; Jason throws down the gauntlet in hopes of saving Crystal; Lafayette gets a surprise visit from his mom, Ruby Jean; Sam tries to keep Tommy in check; Merlotte’s gets a new waitress; Eric proves the depth of his allegiance to Russell. Sookie finds herself in a vulnerable position when Alcide needs to deal with a family emergency. (Written by Raelle Tucker; directed by Lesli Linka Glatter.)

Episode 309: “Everything Is Broken”
    Premieres August 15
    With the ratification of the Vampire Rights Amendment at hand, Nan Flanagan detours to Fangtasia to confront Eric about the Magister’s disappearance. A grief-stricken Russell vows revenge against his foes, vampire and human. Awakening from a slumber, Bill uncovers the truth about Sookie’s true identity. Jason gets unexpected help as he goes up against Felton and Calvin. Sam is distressed by Tommy’s attitude; Tara encounters a new ally and an old tormentor; Hadley introduces Sookie to a new family member; Arlene despairs about her future; Hoyt confronts his true feelings. (Written by Alexander Woo; directed by Scott Winant.)

Episode 310: “I Smell a Rat”
    Premieres August 22
    A reluctant Bill warns Sookie about the dangers she will face. Jesus is intrigued by the mysterious qualities of V. Sam’s recent fit of rage triggers dark memories. Eric takes precautions and fulfills a wish; Arlene turns to Holly for help with a pressing problem; Jason deals with the unexpected, with both Tara and Crystal; Jessica is torn between Tommy and Hoyt. After communing with Talbot, Russell promises to extract vengeance on his enemies. (Written by Kate Barnow & Elisabeth R. Finch; directed by Michael Lehmann.)

Episode 311: “Fresh Blood”
    Premieres August 29
    Bill tries to earn back Sookie’s trust, but ends up bringing her face-to-face with fresh dangers. Knowing he’s no physical match for the King, Eric tempts Russell with the “ultimate vampire dream.” Jason tries to wrap his head around Crystal’s revelation. Sam embraces his dark side, alienating everyone except Tara. Hoyt and Jessica take their romance to the next level; with Holly’s help, Arlene puts her future in the hands of a goddess; post V-trip, Lafayette struggles with new demons. (Written by Nancy Oliver; Directed by Daniel Minahan.)
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm confused. I missed a lot of season 1 & 2 -
    Click to see Spoiler:
    in the books, Hadley is already dead...is she a vampire in the TV series?
    And as far as
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sookie's "true identity" - do they mean that she's part fae?
    I think I need to get the DVDs and get completely caught up.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3983540;
    I'm confused. I missed a lot of season 1 & 2 -
    Click to see Spoiler:
    in the books, Hadley is already dead...is she a vampire in the TV series?
    And as far as
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sookie's "true identity" - do they mean that she's part fae?
    I think I need to get the DVDs and get completely caught up.
    Re Sookie, yes..I believe that's what Bill will discover.

+ Reply to Thread