+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

The actors on this show are outstanding! Even though they don't always follow the books, (Sam's family - ugh) they are terrific performers. Sam's family are the new, "love to hate" people for the show.

Alcide - what a hot, hot, hottie! I love him!!!!

Lafayette, Eric - whenever they are on, I am glued.

No comment on Bill and Lorena, but...... I will say that I am impressed with how fast vampires recover/regenerate whatever it is they do. Too bad Charlaine's book vampires require a longer recovery, it would have been nice for Bill to have recovered faster in the most recent book.

Again, the use of real wolves is amazing, I am grateful no one has been hurt at all.
    I think the were's that work for the King are crazy to be working for him, they are nothing more than slaves....... he is not a nice man. I think I liked him better in the books.
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." Sense and Sensibility

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3953523;
    Now that I think about it I kinda liked the Tara rolling her eyes into the back of her head moment. I just wonder how long she had to practice to get the effect right. I can just imagine Allan Ball directing her. More eyeroll, more eyelid flutter. Can you strain your eyes doing that?
    You know, Bearcata, I don't appreciate you reading my mind like that and putting them into words. How intrusively brilliant.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Any guesses as to whose baby Arlene is pregnant with? If it's not Terry's, then...it can't be Rene's, can it? Hmm.

And yes, Sam deserves a better family than that bunch. As far as Bill's hate sex scene, I have no words.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I think it has to be Rene's doesn't it? Did the doctor say she is 3 months along? I think that's about right with the timing of the events of the last 2 seasons. If it's not Rene's, then the father has to be some random zombie at one of Marianne's orgies. I only hope it's not the guy who was trying to hump a tree!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kiz

I'm think the baby is Rene's since Sookie's house is still a mess.

And speaking of Sam's family...I don't want to see that broke ass dad of his in those God awful filthy underwear ever ever ever again.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

For all intents and purposes, It's Rene's. He was hot, but evil.
    ETA: The last scene didn't even faze me. Lorena is a loathsome vampire and a stage 5 clinger. He don't want you!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3955466;
    I think it has to be Rene's doesn't it? Did the doctor say she is 3 months along? I think that's about right with the timing of the events of the last 2 seasons. If it's not Rene's, then the father has to be some random zombie at one of Marianne's orgies. I only hope it's not the guy who was trying to hump a tree!
    I'm betting on the zombie. It seems like more than 3 months in Bon-Temps-time for him to be the baby daddy.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Franklin will always be Forney to me (from "Where the Heart Is"). It cracks me up to see him as a vampire.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3957069;
    Franklin will always be Forney to me (from "Where the Heart Is"). It cracks me up to see him as a vampire.
    I loved that movie! I honestly didn't remember who was playing Forney Hull until you mentioned it! What a change in characters, but he is a great actor!

I really think this is becoming my favorite season of True Blood, and am disappointed there won't be a new episode on Sunday. I don't care it's the holiday, I would have been glued to the set regardless.
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." Sense and Sensibility

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3957069;
    Haha, I was totally thinking "What the hell happened to Forney??"

+ Reply to Thread