+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3953052;
    Okay, that sex scene with Bill and Lorena was, um, twisted...literally. Yikes. That was messed up.
    That is one of those things you see and know you'll never forget it because it's burned into your brain. Oh my.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Okay, that sex scene with Bill and Lorena was, um, twisted...literally. Yikes. That was messed up.

Poor Tara, she's getting manipulated once again. I think I'd be happier if Franklin Mott was actually just the baddie that he was in the books rather than using Tara for information. Somehow, that's even worse. Did he really show up in book three or was it later? I remember that great scene when he shattered the window in the apartment Sam owned and where Sookie was staying but that didn't happen for a few more books, right? This is what happens when you read the books all in a row with to break in between - you remember them as one, really long book!

Alcide! He's yummy. I've always loved that character and they totally got the casting right. Can't wait to see more of him this season.

Lafayette and Eric in the same scene = I love the way Eric flirts with him.

I have to say, as much as I love Sam, I do not love this family storyline. I hate the changes they made from the books, which I think was a good story. If they wanted to give him a story, I wish they'd done something else. That whole family is his is total trash and completely worthless. They'll end up using Sam and then disappearing and leaving him to clean up the mess. I missed the part at the end where Sam's brother (?) showed up and then flew away. What happened there? I looked down for a second and, when I looked up, I was just confused.
    I have to agree with you there. I must admit that I was laughing when Loren continued in passionate ecstasy after Bill did a 180 on her neck.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3953116;
    That is one of those things you see and know you'll never forget it because it's burned into your brain. Oh my.
    It's definitely something we've NEVER seen on TV before!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Just re-watching the episode...

Cooter drinks Zima

Terry: "If I had a nickel for every time that.... I'd have 15 cents."
    Last edited by Critical; 06-28-2010 at 03:16 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Kiz

I'll never be able to comment on the twists and turns of True Blood without thinking of that last scene with Lorena and Bill. I loved being surprised that Bill actually threw that oil lamp at Lorena and caught her on fire. It was awesome how nonchalant everyone was about it.

After reading the Sookie Stackhouse books, it's like an alternative universe...many of the same players but with such different story lines.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

My husband and I were howling at that...it was so wrong, and mostly because Lorena was enjoying it. That's the kind of freaky s*** that I remember Allan Ball doing on SFU.

Kind of a low-key epi other than that except for...hellloooo, Alcide.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Have to admit that the blood they show/use turns me absolutley green!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Hepcat--burned in the brain is right -- I went to bed and still had that image in my head and all I could think is make it go away!! SIL had told me there was supposed to be a "water cooler" moment in 1 of the first 3 episodes -- was that it? I have to say if it was, I'm disappointed -- I was hoping it'd be something that included Eric and the loss of his clothes.

Critical-- I think Franklin was a 1-book character and he made his appearance and subsequent exit all in Book 3. I wish Tara had just slammed the door in his face--all I could think was Noooo! when she invited him in.

DH paused the show when Alcide showed up to ask who he was and if he was in the books b/c he said only the good looking guys stick around. I had to laugh at that. Can't wait to see more of him!!

One thing that's really been bothering me is the thought that V is okay for the Weres to drink (and a strength-booster at that) when we were told in the books that it was poison for them. (Nevermind that it played a major part of the ending in Dead and Gone.) Every time I see a Were go after a Vamp for their blood, I cringe.

LOVED the Zima line!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3953507;
    Critical-- I think Franklin was a 1-book character and he made his appearance and subsequent exit all in Book 3. I wish Tara had just slammed the door in his face--all I could think was Noooo! when she invited him in.
    LOVED the Zima line!
    I knew he was only in one book, but I was pretty sure it wasn't this early in the series. I think I had combined him and Mickey in my head and Mickey doesn't show up until book 5. I guess Franklin didn't make much of an impression on me in the book.

That sex scene was definitely the water cooler moment of the episode!

Now that I think about it I kinda liked the Tara rolling her eyes into the back of her head moment. I just wonder how long she had to practice to get the effect right. I can just imagine Allan Ball directing her. More eyeroll, more eyelid flutter. Can you strain your eyes doing that?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread