+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I wonder if she'll ever work at Tara's Toggs?? Maybe another season. LOL!! Perhaps AB thinks working retail and married to a hunk is boring??

On the HBO website there is a video with Michael Ausiello, Alan Ball and most of the cast. Michael asks a variety of questions. One is which person is least like their character. Nelsan - which I read that his conservative Baptist family was not happy about the Lafayette character he portrays - was noted first and secondly, Anna, which I found interesting. But no one said why she was least like Sookie. Hmmm...any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by PackerFan;3947729;
    I wonder if she'll ever work at Tara's Toggs?? Maybe another season. LOL!! Perhaps AB thinks working retail and married to a hunk is boring??
    Yeah, I'm sure having Tara run a dress shop and marry a hunky airhead probably isn't great TV, but I'm a bit tired of seeing her get knocked around. Maybe next season.....
    On the HBO website there is a video with Michael Ausiello, Alan Ball and most of the cast. Michael asks a variety of questions. One is which person is least like their character. Nelsan - which I read that his conservative Baptist family was not happy about the Lafayette character he portrays - was noted first and secondly, Anna, which I found interesting. But no one said why she was least like Sookie. Hmmm...any thoughts?
    That was the video they broadcast to theaters across the country for the Ultimate Fan Experience about a week before the premiere. It's a good one.

I'd guess that Anna isn't as high strung as Sookie.....and she probably isn't a telepath either!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3947768;
    Yeah, I'm sure having Tara run a dress shop and marry a hunky airhead probably isn't great TV, but I'm a bit tired of seeing her get knocked around. Maybe next season.....
    Is there room enough for 2 hunky airheads?? Jason's already filled that role pretty nicely.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

That's what makes me wonder if AB decided not to bring JD into the story. Jason wasn't that much of an airhead in the books. He made bad decisions about women, but he wasn't quite the idiot TV Jason is.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Kiz

Just a few more hours until we find out if Lorena was brought back to the show for a 10 second death scene. That would kind of be funny. I'll still put odds on it was Bill's dream of revenge.

I wonder if we'll find out tonight who disposed of Jessica's date's corpse. At first I thought it was Hoyt, but now I'm thinking Pam's feeling the big sister vibe to Jessica and lent her a hand. I was so creeped out when Jessica got down into the hole with him after he was starting to decompose. eek...not sure I'd make it as a vamp.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I'm thinking it was Franklin Mott who moved Jessica's corpse when he was snooping in Bill's house. I'm assuming it was him digging through the drawer with offend the info about Sookie. Looked like his boots anyway.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Kiz

oooh...that's a good guess, lildago.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3952762;
    Just a few more hours until we find out if Lorena was brought back to the show for a 10 second death scene. That would kind of be funny. I'll still put odds on it was Bill's dream of revenge.
    Considering the fact that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    she's mentioned in episode synopses well into July, I'd say she either makes a very good recovery or the fire thing was a fantasy.

lil - that's my take on things too - at least from the previews, it does seem like Franklin disposed of the body, no doubt to have something to hold over Jessica so he can manipulate her. Although I don't remember that he was connected to Bill's disappearance in the books, maybe he will be on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3952800;
    Considering the fact that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    she's mentioned in episode synopses well into July, I'd say she either makes a very good recovery or the fire thing was a fantasy.

lil - that's my take on things too - at least from the previews, it does seem like Franklin disposed of the body, no doubt to have something to hold over Jessica so he can manipulate her. Although I don't remember that he was connected to Bill's disappearance in the books, maybe he will be on the show.
    I read that his character on the show is a
    Click to see Spoiler:
    vampire investigator. Completely different from the books. My guess is he's been hired by the king of Mississippi to find something to hold over Bill so he can persuade him to do his bidding where the queen is concerned.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Okay, that sex scene with Bill and Lorena was, um, twisted...literally. Yikes. That was messed up.

Poor Tara, she's getting manipulated once again. I think I'd be happier if Franklin Mott was actually just the baddie that he was in the books rather than using Tara for information. Somehow, that's even worse. Did he really show up in book three or was it later? I remember that great scene when he shattered the window in the apartment Sam owned and where Sookie was staying but that didn't happen for a few more books, right? This is what happens when you read the books all in a row with no break in between - you remember them as one, really long book!

Alcide! He's yummy. I've always loved that character and they totally got the casting right. Can't wait to see more of him this season.

Lafayette and Eric in the same scene = I love the way Eric flirts with him.

I have to say, as much as I love Sam, I do not love this family storyline. I hate the changes they made from the books, which I think was a good story. If they wanted to give him a story, I wish they'd done something else. That whole family is his is total trash and completely worthless. They'll end up using Sam and then disappearing and leaving him to clean up the mess. I missed the part at the end where Sam's brother (?) showed up and then flew away. What happened there? I looked down for a second and, when I looked up, I was just confused.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-28-2010 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Jeez, spell much?

+ Reply to Thread