+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 216 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2154
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I was surprised that so many think that throwing the fire on Lorena is fantasy; only because I thought it real (for fiction that is). She should be able to fully regenerate, so it isn't as if he killed her, and that is the sort of thing that would anger her enough to follow through with the rest of the story (C. Harris plotline that is).

I guess we will find out next week. I was shocked that he did it, but assumed that she would be whole again by morning, (once they put the fire out that is)

I love every scene with Eric!

Great episode! I laughed at all the same witty lines everyone else did, I love the writing!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I am with you Mike'sgirl. I don't get why the other viewers think Bill throwing an oil lamp and having Lorena catch on fire is a fantasy. This show has shown us that there is alot of brutal cruelty in the vampire world and I don't think Bill is that whipped. He has lived as a vampire for over a 140 yrs. He did some very depraved things when he was Lorena's lover. He is more than capable of spontaneous bursts of cruelty. I also think that the King of Mississppi and his consort didn't react that much because they have seen so much cruelty as part of their court that a flaming Lorena is simply apart of the evenings entertainment.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well, hopefully we'll find out next week if it was real or not! In C. Harris' world vamps don't do well with fire/sunlight, so we'll see.

I just finished A Death in the Family. Who else here has read it? Eric's maker in the book sure is different than Godric. Godric reminded me more like Eric's "blood brother" Alexis. I loved how Charlaine incorporated things from the show - ie "Bad Things" playing in the bar while Sookie is working!

Kiz

The fire throwing looked like a Bill fantasy to me because just after Lorena went up in flames, the camera panned back to Bill who was sitting very calmly in his chair. I know the vamps can move super fast, but his expression didn't reveal anything out of the ordinary. I'm sure this was a set up so that we'd be wondering if it was real or not. Love it!!

I don't think anyone has mentioned the scene with Terry and Arlene when Terry had the list of reasons he would be good with children. What a hoot.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Well, I think it might be a fantasy because
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I've seen other pics of Lorena from the season. It's either a fantasy or she recovers really quickly from the from the fire, since the synopses I've read of episodes coming up pretty quickly feature her
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical - good points!!

Kiz - we were laughing at Terry too, and how he continued with his list as Arlene went back into the bathroom!!

I heard an interview with Charlaine Harris - she has a couple novellas coming out. One is about Quinn (were-tiger) and Sookie and the other is Death Takes a Vacation where Sookie and Pam go on a road trip. That should be interesting!!

Terry "#3: I never killed anyone accidentally." Loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by princessKIM;3946397;
    Terry "#3: I never killed anyone accidentally." Loved it!
    I liked this one, so I guess this means he has only killed on purpose.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well, Terry is a war vet with PTSD, so I'm sure he has even more ghosts haunting him than we know about.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Synopses of three episodes in July from Michael Ausiello:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    “9 Crimes”
    SUNDAY, JULY 11 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT)
    “Sookie (Anna Paquin) joins Alcide (Joe Manganiello) at a raucous engagement party for Debbie Pelt (Brit Morgan), his former fiancée; Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) is given a deadline to locate Bill (Stephen Moyer); Andy (Chris Bauer) gets a promotion and draws Jason’s (Ryan Kwanten) attention; Franklin (James Frain) takes Tara (Rutina Wesley) on a road trip; Arlene (Carrie Preston) is irked by Jessica’s (Deborah Ann Woll) arrival at Merlotte’s; Sam (Sam Trammell) brokers a deal with Tommy (Marshall Allman) and his parents, Melinda (J. Smith Cameron) and Joe Lee (Cooper Huckabee); Bill “procures” dinner for Russell (Denis O’Hare) and Lorena (Mariana Klaveno).”

“Trouble”
    SUNDAY, JULY 18 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)
    “Alcide and Sookie turn to an alpha-wolf “packmaster” for advice on dealing with Russell’s minions; Tara considers a proposal from Franklin, who’s completed his mission for Russell; Joe Lee breaks his promise to Sam and Tommy; Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) learns the meaning of patience from Jesus (Kevin Alejandro), his mother’s (Alfre Woodard) orderly; Jason meets his match in the mysterious girl Crystal (Lindsay Pulsipher); an heirloom reminds Eric of his past and his ongoing thirst for vengeance.”

“I Got a Right to Sing the Blues”
    SUNDAY, JULY 25 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)
    “Spurned by Eric, Sookie fears the worst for Bill, whose fate now lies in Lorena’s hands; fueled by a night of bloody passion, Tara executes a desperate plan to stave off Franklin’s advances; in Bon Temps, Tommy finds it difficult to leave the family nest; Jessica puts Pam’s teachings into practice; Jason’s romance with Crystal hits a snag, as does Lafayette’s with Jesus; after revealing his master plan to Eric, Russell visits Louisiana to put it into action.”

You know, while I understand the need for conflict on a TV drama, I'd really like it if Tara finally caught a break. I haven't heard anything about them bringing in the character of JD, but I'd love to see it. She'd finally find some happiness and we'd get some more eye candy!

+ Reply to Thread