+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3943791;
    I cracked up when Sookie imitated Bill saying her name...and her "I'm not that blonde" line.
    I loved that - more like the book-Sookie than the TV-Sookie.

I'm not that crazy about the way they're introducing the weres. I know they probably don't have a movie-type budget, but why are the weres just plain old wolves? I'm disappointed. Aren't they supposed to be bigger & fiercer? Or am I mixing up my vampire literature (the Sookie series with Twilight)?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I guess I was under the impression that the werewolves in the the Stackhouse novels were more akin to a real wolf, where as Twilight werewolves were bigger and badder, lol. I am still kinda new to the novels, so I don't know 100% for sure.

Sookie's impression of Bill was hilarious. I am falling more and more in love with Eric though. Alexander is doing a fantastic job this season!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3943791;
    LOVED that episode. I can't wait to watch this one again. Lafayette was awesome (though I don't much care for the broken Tara storyline), and Alfre Woodard did crazy better than I ever thought she could. Was that a one time deal, or is she a recurring character?

I cracked up when Sookie imitated Bill saying her name...and her "I'm not that blonde" line.

Too many good scenes to remember, I need to wake up first.
    I keep expecting him to come through the door and say, Sooookieee.

That was an instant replay moment for us-- we were DH said he wishes that could be used as an email notification. Can you imagine?

Loved this episode (and it wasn't just b/c Godric was in it ) -- the King of Mississippi was played perfectly (IMO) and I love how the change for the shifters/werewolves is instantaneous.

One question -- does anyone else think Bill's throwing the lamp at Lorena was just a pipe dream? It was almost too good to be true, so I figured it had to be. But if it is true, then I like the riding gear as a subtle reference to her and the barn as in the books, where Sookie actually kills her.

Oh, and does anyone else notice something different with Anna Paquin? I couldn't decide if it was that she looked tired or maybe her eyebrows were darker or what, but she looked different to me last night...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3944396;
    I guess I was under the impression that the werewolves in the the Stackhouse novels were more akin to a real wolf, where as Twilight werewolves were bigger and badder, lol. I am still kinda new to the novels, so I don't know 100% for sure.

Sookie's impression of Bill was hilarious. I am falling more and more in love with Eric though. Alexander is doing a fantastic job this season!
    I agree---I"ve read both sets of books. After all, in the Sookie books Sam is just an ordinary looking dog, not a giant one, not even a Great Dane. In the Twilight books, the wolves are definitely bigger than normal, often mistaken for bears when sighted by ordinary humans.

Cantstopwatchin - I noticed something was off with Anna's looks last night, too. I was wondering if her lips were bigger? As if she had them plumped up a bit? I'll have to go back and watch a couple previous eps and see if anything jumps out.

I thought Bill was imagining throwing the lantern and burning Lorena. No one else in the room made any comment, so I figured that scene was all in his head. And it appeared that it would be something Talbot would comment on since he seemed to comment on most everything! Bill can probably sense that Lorena is in the same vicinity.

In the books the animals are normal sized. If I recall correctly the only time an animal seems overly large is what's his name - the were-tiger.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PackerFan;3944531;
    Cantstopwatchin - I noticed something was off with Anna's looks last night, too. I was wondering if her lips were bigger? As if she had them plumped up a bit? I'll have to go back and watch a couple previous eps and see if anything jumps out.

I thought Bill was imagining throwing the lantern and burning Lorena. No one else in the room made any comment, so I figured that scene was all in his head. And it appeared that it would be something Talbot would comment on since he seemed to comment on most everything! Bill can probably sense that Lorena is in the same vicinity.

In the books the animals are normal sized. If I recall correctly the only time an animal seems overly large is what's his name - the were-tiger.
    Right, and I was considering mentioning that... but actual tigers really can be very big... also he's a very big human as I recall, so maybe it's proportional somehow. Sam is a kind of average sized human in the books as I recall.... Ah, the metaphysics of shapeshifting... or maybe just the physics...

The show has been picked up for a 4th season!

Lafayette was awesome last night. I liked the verbal bitsh slap for Tara, she so needs to stop the blubbering.

I laughed out loud when Sookie imitated Bills' way of saying her name. It was spot on.

The real wolves are really cool, much better than some CGI wolf.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PackerFan;3944531;

I thought so too, and since they didn't cut back to it before ending, I think it can go either way. But if it did happen, It wont bode well for Bill.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3944705;
    I thought so too, and since they didn't cut back to it before ending, I think it can go either way. But if it did happen, It wont bode well for Bill.
    My husband and I looked at each other when Lorena caught on fire and said fantasy.

I died laughing at the "cruelty free" meal being served at the governor's mansion. Very clever.

I might as well just say I loved every minute of last night's show. Kind of tired of needy Tara, but her storyline looks to be taking a very interesting turn.

Loved Pam and Jessica, Jason and Andy, Godric and Eric, Sookie and Eric ()!!

The final scene with Sookie and Eric was smoldering hot. I think those of you who were bummed at the ongoing romance between Sookie and Bill that left Eric in the cold may get your wishes fulfilled before long. I liken the on screen lingering fire between Eric and Sookie to a long fuse on a huge bomb. I hope they take their time and tease us for awhile.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3944742;
    I died laughing at the "cruelty free" meal being served at the governor's mansion. Very clever.
    I never knew there were so many ways to serve blood. Sorbet?

Agreed about Eric and Sookie. That porch scene was smoking hot!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread