+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Doctors

The Doctors

Meet The Doctors, four renowned physicians with different medical specialties – ER physician (and former ABC “Bachelor”) Dr. Travis Stork; OB/GYN Lisa Masterson; cosmetic surgeon Dr. Andrew Ordon and pediatrician Dr. Jim Sears.

This groundbreaking new talk show does for health care what Dr. Phil has done for psychology – provides frank discussions in a fascinating, off-the-cuff manner. Expect these medical experts to weigh in on compelling guest issues and dispense valuable information about health topics du jour. Debating everything from the benefits of plastic surgery to the controversy surrounding autism and vaccines, this medical dream team is the go-to source for information on the latest scientific breakthroughs.

Never visited an OB/GYN before? Or is the idea of a face lift frightening to you? Conquer your fears by learning more about what modern medicine has to offer. The show highlights on-set medical procedures – either in front of the studio audience or backstage in the exam room.

The Doctors airs five days a week and is brought to you by the same team behind Dr. Phil, as well as his own son, Jay McGraw. If it matters to you, it matters to The Doctors!

Premieres September 8 2008 on CBS.

The Doctors: Home
    Chittlins forever y'all!

Re: The Doctors

One of their shows is going to focus on the side effects of the HPV vaccine Gardasil. I was contacted last week by a producer from this show. She wanted me to come on and talk about my daughters experience with the vaccine. Although I was excited at the opportunity to fly to Los Angeles and stay in a hotel for a few days, I declined. We had a death in the family and Im not good at speaking in public.
    Chittlins forever y'all!

The Gardasil episode will air on September 9th.
    Chittlins forever y'all!

Isn't on of the Doctors a former Bachelor, from the TV show?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Yes. Dr. Travis Stork was the Paris Bachelor.
    Chittlins forever y'all!

FORT Newbie

I enjoy this WAY more than Dr.Phil and Oprah. It's smart with a lot of interesting information.

FORT Fogey

I was on vacation last week, and watched this show a few times since nothing else was on. I have rather mixed reviews of the whole thing. I don't think Travis fits on the show. I think he was cast in many ways just so that pepole would say "oh, that's the show with the guy from The Bachelor". He doesn't come a across as quite as knowledgable as the others do, and seems to emphasize that, which is strange. So why make the "dumb guy" the one doing all the talking?

The good shows I thought were very well done. I saw the one about talking to your kids about sex, and thought they really did it well -- especially the segment where the gynecology doctor filmed a segment talking to 10-11 year old girls to give an idea of how much information to share, and what an appropriate demeanor to share it is. Other episodes i saw however seemed more like "medical freak of the week" shows that I could see convincing a whole bunch of people that they're suffering from some extremely rare abnormality. I also can't figure out how they're going to keep enough topics going to make it for years and years. And lastly, I really wasn't a big fan of the doctors wearing scrubs ... why?

As daytime TV goes, it was good quality and better than a lot of stuff out there. But in a segment of the day with things like Jerry Springer and Judge everyone, I'm not sure that is a high compliment.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Travis is the face that people recognize, and will draw them in....even though this guy has the personality of a boiled egg. He's also an ER doc; get him started on chest tubes, CPR, etc. and I'm sure you can't shut him up.

Why scrubs? They are the most comfortable things on the planet, next to being naked, that's why!

I only watch this show about once/month. I'd be shocked if it had any great longevity. It's too educational.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Well I for one, love this show. I watch it everyday after work, just before doing my workout. I cant' believe the guts/bravery some people have going on this show and getting procedures done on national tv. Like the guy who got his male parts examined last week and then the guy who got his butt waxed, all in front of a live audience (behind a curtain, of course, thank God!). That was kind of gross and I certainly could have done without the waxing lady holding up the wax strip containg the removed hairs to show the audience - yuck. But I do like the educational value of this show, and the open discussion on health issues and embarrasing questions (i.e., farting during sex...lol), that people often wonder about but don't have the nerve to ask about.

I hope it lasts but I'm not holding my breath. It'll probably be gone by the end of the season.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3241696;
    Well I for one, love this show. I watch it everyday after work, just before doing my workout. I cant' believe the guts/bravery some people have going on this show and getting procedures done on national tv. Like the guy who got his male parts examined last week and then the guy who got his butt waxed, all in front of a live audience (behind a curtain, of course, thank God!). That was kind of gross and I certainly could have done without the waxing lady holding up the wax strip containg the removed hairs to show the audience - yuck. But I do like the educational value of this show, and the open discussion on health issues and embarrasing questions (i.e., farting during sex...lol), that people often wonder about but don't have the nerve to ask about.

I hope it lasts but I'm not holding my breath. It'll probably be gone by the end of the season.
    I LOVE THIS SHOW AND I HOPE IT LAST FOR QUITE SOME TIME- EXCELLENT MEDICAL INFORMATION. I ENJOY WATCHING ALL FOUR DOCTORS,(they can be funny at times) BUT MY FAVORITE IS DOCTOR TRAVIS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast