+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Worst Week

Worst Week

One of CBS's new shows coming out this fall Worst Week looks like its going to be pretty funny. I saw the commercial for it the other day and let me tell you it looks like something that could be a pretty great show. Has anyone seen the commercials for it?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Re: Worst Week

I have not seen the commericials, and I will probably take a look at it, but I have some misgivings. It is another American remake of a British TV show. The only time an Americanized version was as good as or better than the British original was All In the Family.

I realize how popular The Office is and it is done better than most, but it still doesn't measure up to the original, at least for me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3184941;
    I have not seen the commericials, and I will probably take a look at it, but I have some misgivings. It is another American remake of a British TV show. The only time an Americanized version was as good as or better than the British original was All In the Family.

I realize how popular The Office is and it is done better than most, but it still doesn't measure up to the original, at least for me.

Ahhh All in the family was pretty good, sometimes I catch the reruns. I watched the original Office and it is really good but I think both versions are very good in their own way. I also think that replication is the biggest form of compliment! I myself did not realize this was based off of a British show, and while it may be similar I am sure it will find its own grove just like The Office has! I am really looking forward to seeing more from this one, it just looks so funny

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I just finished watching the 1st series of the British version of 'Worst Week of My Life,' after catching a bit of series 2 on BBCA. I'm waffling on the American version, due to the scene with Uncle Fraser and his lover in the tub (it was funny and sweet, and far from graphic). If the so called Tiffany Network has the balls to go there, I'll give it a chance in the future.

Plus, the main character, Howard, is really annoying and only rarely endearing. It's wonderful. Plus, Mel, his fiance is no clueless straight woman, but she's not patronizing like so many shows about a schlub who hooks up with an impossibly gorgeous woman way out of his league (I'm talking to you King of Queens, George Lopez, Still Standing, etc).

I guess my point is they'll dumb it down. Never mind. I don't think I'll bother with the CBS version...
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

I honestly didn't even know this was based on a British comedy. I do love the show. I miss sitcoms... they're so few and far between these days that I'll take whatever I can get. This show does make me loud out loud at leas a few times in each episode. I have nothing to compare it to since I've never seen the original version, but it's one of my favorite new shows of the season. I don't know if it will last though...

+ Reply to Thread